Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone actually buying xbox one?

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

DaLad wrote: »
    Xbox One will have an upgradable hard drive in the form of external hard drives which are cheap as chips. I'd much prefer this and think of it as a better solution than being stuck using the made to fit HDD's that they can charge whatever they want for as they make them. You can get a 1TB external HDD for approx €60. So don't let that be 1 of the reasons against Microsoft as it's more of a plus in Microsoft's direction.

HDDs come in a few standard sizes, there is no made to fit ones for the PlayStation. In fact if you really wanted you could take that external you're talking about and smash the casing off it and put it in a PlayStation.

Or just get a cheaper one designed to go in a laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

o1s1n wrote: »
    By the way, I always find it amazing how defensive people get when it comes to their product purchasing choices. It's hilarious. I thought Apple fans were the worst for it - you kind of get reminded how bad console purchasers can be when a new generation comes around.

Pfft, back in the day before people could afford to build their own PC us PC gamers were just as bad iirc.

Remember all the arguments between the fanbois over various graphics cards? Fanboism is evident on EVERY platform. Only difference is that PC gaming fanbois are just as bad as Apple fanbois for a sense of smugness and superiority (and I say this as a one time PC gamer myself who still prefers PC gaming but opts for console for life and leisure reasons).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Pfft, back in the day before people could afford to build their own PC us PC gamers were just as bad iirc.

Remember all the arguments between the fanbois over various graphics cards? Fanboism is evident on EVERY platform. Only difference is that PC gaming fanbois are just as bad as Apple fanbois for a sense of smugness and superiority (and I say this as a one time PC gamer myself who still prefers PC gaming but opts for console for life and leisure reasons).

pfft!....nvidia ftw! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xbox One will have an upgradable hard drive in the form of external hard drives which are cheap as chips. I'd much prefer this and think of it as a better solution than being stuck using the made to fit HDD's that they can charge whatever they want for as they make them. You can get a 1TB external HDD for approx €60. So don't let that be 1 of the reasons against Microsoft as it's more of a plus in Microsoft's direction.
    Which then leaves only one USB port free, limiting play if you need both.

Also read this:
    Unlike the Xbox 360, the Xbox One console must sit horizontally, it cannot be positioned vertically due to air flow and venting design.
    http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/xbox-one-intended-to-sit-horizontally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You can have one playing and charging while the other is wireless, and switch. If there is lengthy game time on both controllers, then just use batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Also read this:

There are 3 USB ports on the Xbox One, 2 on the back & 1 on the side, judging from the 3d pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Where did you see gameplay for The Order 1886 that made you want it so much?? :confused:

Who mentioned gameplay smartarse? :P
    I really liked the look of the trailer, and the fact it was all made in game was pretty impressive.

"Developed with the assistance of God of War team Sony Santa Monica Studio, The Order: 1886 is set in an alternate history where the industrial revolution has allowed for some pretty insane firearms."

Is it a crime to find that interesting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Danonino. wrote: »

Is it a crime to find that interesting?
    Not at all, but a word to the wise: trailers always OVERsell their game.

This isn't my first rodeo :D

All I was saying was that two exclusives that really interested me personally (or grabbed my attention) were 1886 and deep down, thats all. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive on the One look just as interesting. They all could end up ****e and little to no gameplay footage was shown for them... just weird you'd call me out on 1886 and not Deep Down. I thought the Steampunk dishonoredish looking world was cool as furk is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This isn't my first rodeo :D

All I was saying was that two exclusives that really interested me personally (or grabbed my attention) were 1886 and deep down, thats all. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive on the One look just as interesting. They all could end up ****e and little to no gameplay footage was shown for them... just weird you'd call me out on 1886 and not Deep Down. I thought the Steampunk dishonoredish looking world was cool as furk is all.
    I think all those games could turn out crap as well. They're no basis to me to want to get either console (until we know how good/bad they are and can assess them properly). The (seemingly) best ones are multiplat, and multigen. I could just as easily get them on current gen consoles.

• Advertisement

I agree to a point. I think I just have the itch for something new and shiny :) What I really want is a solid reason to buy a WiiU this Christmas, but unless a surprise price drop happens, it'll be next March or so before I get one. I just can't see myself spending that much for the one or two (although amazing) first party games and miss out on the multiplat titles on a shiny new gen console.
    Sticking with a PS3 or 360 for the next year would probably be the best choice, but I turn the big 30 this November so I want to splurge on a new machine. I have only ever bought one other console on release day, the Gamecube :D

But yeah back on topic. At the moment PS4 gets my vote. For reasons many have stated but *personally* I was interested more by the games Sony have in development despite being a Killer Instinct and a huge Forza fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I agree to a point. I think I just have the itch for something new and shiny :) What I really want is a solid reason to buy a WiiU this Christmas, but unless a surprise price drop happens, it'll be next March or so before I get one. I just can't see myself spending that much for the one or two (although amazing) first party games and miss out on the multiplat titles on a shiny new gen console.
    Sticking with a PS3 or 360 for the next year would probably be the best choice, but I turn the big 30 this November so I want to splurge on a new machine. I have only ever bought one other console on release day, the Gamecube :D

But yeah back on topic. At the moment PS4 gets my vote. For reasons many have stated but *personally* I was interested more by the games Sony have in development despite being a Killer Instinct and a huge Forza fan.

Forza 5 would be the reason to buy Xbox one for me. I will see how good GT6 and Driveclub going to be first, and if they are good enough, then I wount be in a big rush on getting Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The Forza franchise in general needs shaking up me thinks. The hours spent going from race to race in the career mode gets monotonous fast, especially in the lower race classes. I'm not even half way through Forza 4's career mode yet with plenty of cars still left to buy and fettle with.

I just wish they utilised the driver performance aspect of each race more. The grades awarded for corner completion, overtakes etc. could have been amalgamated and included along with your final race position to determine your progression rate. It would add an extra dimension instead of mindlessly targeting 1st position by bolting on a big turbo.

Forza 5 is one of my only interests in the One but that interest has dwindled due to this groundhog day aspect which it has developed over the last few versions. My current 360 with Forza 4 and a nice shiny PS4 would suit me nicely.

Also read this:

^ meh!.....another reason the PS4 is better then:

playstation-4.jpg

There are 3 USB ports on the Xbox One, 2 on the back & 1 on the side, judging from the 3d pictures.

The port on the back is for the Kinect, its not a standard USB 3.0 port as it feeds power to the Kinect, 2mAh i belive. If you plug a USB device into the port other then the Kinect it wont work.

No price cut planned, best idea is to find some bundle to sweaten the deal: http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-has-no-plans-for-a-wii-u-price-drop-256456.phtml

The port on the back is for the Kinect, its not a standard USB 3.0 port as it feeds power to the Kinect, 2mAh i belive. If you plug a USB device into the port other then the Kinect it wont work.

No the kinect has it's own port. Which leaves the 2 USB's free on the back and another 1 on the side. So 3 USB 3.0 ports altogether.

No the kinect has it's own port. Which leaves the 2 USB's free on the back and another 1 on the side. So 3 USB 3.0 ports altogether.

Side port?....pic?

6C7512067-xbox-one-kenreck-5.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Advertisement