Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone actually buying xbox one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

drumswan wrote: »

Only on free to play games will devs and publishers have the choice though.

If you want to play BF4 or COD Ghosts on PS4 you need PSN+, end of. Same for any standard game. You need to read the details more, you are mis understanding the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Only on free to play games will devs and publishers have the choice though.

If you want to play BF4 or COD Ghosts on PS4 you need PSN+, end of. Same for any standard game. You need to read the details more, you are mis understanding the information.

Not misunderstanding the info, just pointing out there are a few exceptions. Do you need xbox live gold to use video services such as Sky, Netflix does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Do you need xbox live gold to use video services such as Sky, Netflix does anyone know?

You do

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

All you need to know is in the link below. You can get it for cheaper than €50 per year when sales are on.

http://ie.playstation.com/psn/support/ps3/detail/linked285072/item285067/PlayStation-Plus-frequently-asked-questions/

sweet, so only 60min trials no full full games? :(

Not misunderstanding the info, just pointing out there are a few exceptions. Do you need xbox live gold to use video services such as Sky, Netflix does anyone know?

Yep, everything needs Gold on Live. All you can do with the standard silver option is download demos and send messages and voice messages.

• Advertisement

Reon wrote: »

Yes you can get full games. Right now you can get X-com and Demon Souls and a few more. You can get free Vita games too. They change every month.

No, you get full games as I said. The 60 minute trial thing is something completely different, but only available for PS+ owners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

too early to decide but im leaning to ps3 for obvious reasons.
    i didn't miss the internet console wars.....

COYVB wrote: »
    No, you get full games as I said. The 60 minute trial thing is something completely different, but only available for PS+ owners

ooh ok ok my bad :P

Yes you can get full games. Right now you can get X-com and Demon Souls and a few more. You can get free Vita games too. They change every month.

ah i see sounders :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭bennyl10

COYVB wrote: »
    Gonna say this one very slowly, pay attention:

You

Need

PS+

To

Play

On

PS4

Hasnt been confirmed by sony yet..

bennyl10 wrote: »

Yes it has. Multiple times.

Yes. It has

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Yes it has, several times, including in the press conference itself.

Edit: and now several times in the last few posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Pre ordered the X1 on Wednesday. Quite happy to get it with the games line up. Its what its all about: games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

V9 wrote: »
    Pre ordered the X1 on Wednesday. Quite happy to get it with the games line up. Its what its all about: games.

Yes, it is all about the games and I don't mean to be flippant but actually owning them is always nice. Plus the PS4 is a more games focused machine and developers for PS4 games have more raw power to work with.

And speaking objectively, does anyone actually believe that there will ultimately be better exclusives for the X1? Look at the developers and studios that Sony have and the plethora of quality exclusives they've had this generation; Journey, GT5 & 6, LBP, Uncharted, God of War, inFamous, Killzone, Demon's Souls, R & C, Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, Beyond: Two Souls and have you seen the reviews for The Last of Us?

Sorry to be negative about it but to me it seems the question the OP phrased implies the OP thought it unlikely anyone was buying one.

sin0city wrote: »
    Sorry to be negative about it but to me it seems the question the OP phrased implies the OP thought it unlikely anyone was buying one.

indeed i did, i just thought why buy a console thats

1)more tv based/multimedia based
    2)cost 200 extra -100 console price, 100 for online,
    3)cant lend, sell or return used games
    4)needs to sign in every 24hrs
    5)can only have a certain amount of people in a room or u get charged(kinnect)

but hey if anyone wants to buy it go ahead im not stopping you, you're buying it for your own entertainment, i will be buying the ps4, never really liked the xbox's nor halo or gears of war, and isnt halo like their MAIN game?
    always liked playstation and their exclusives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Now, out of all the bad things being said about the XBOX one, surely this isn't true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think they patented it, for movie rentals and such.. dont know if it was "revealed" or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Now, out of all the bad things being said about the XBOX one, surely this isn't true?

they have a patent on that tech but i doubt the would use it (or at least i used to)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Surely it would just mean turning the camera around anyway to avoid it ^

So Kinect definitely can't be turned off?

If I ever get one, Kinect will be facing the other way or covered when its not in use.

http://kotaku.com/5958307/this-kinect-patent-is-terrifying-wants-to-charge-you-for-license-violation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

If I ever get one, Kinect will be facing the other way or covered when its not in use.

It can still listen to you!!!!!!

With kids in my house NO WAY am I having an XBone Nanny cam anywhere near them!

l0yj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

indeed i did, i just thought why buy a console thats

1)more tv based/multimedia based
    2)cost 200 extra -100 console price, 100 for online,
    3)cant lend, sell or return used games
    4)needs to sign in every 24hrs

Just to clear this up. Bundling the new Kinect is the reason why it's €100 more expensive. Having the Kinect and Smartglass will give Xbox One far more ways to interact with games etc.

And what are you talking about with €100 for online?? I pay €40 a year and it's well worth it as Live is much better than PSN. And it seems a lot of people missed the Sony announcement saying they will charge a subscription just like Xbox Live for people to play online on the PS4. Even playing field there now.

In spite of the ridiculous DRM stuff, I think the Xbox One is better all round, and the games that MS showed off are superior to the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yes, it can be turned off. Like, off off. I'm not sure why people keep insisting otherwise. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

And what are you talking about with €100 for online?? I pay €40 a year and it's well worth it as Live is much better than PSN.

In what way did you find it better than PSN?

I had been an xbox live gold subscriber for 4 years but switched to PS3, since then I have played Batman Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs, Demons Souls, Mortal Kombat etc etc etc for the same price.

The only thing I missed is using SKY on my xbox 360 but thats it!

Just to clear this up. Bundling the new Kinect is the reason why it's €100 more expensive. Having the Kinect and Smartglass will give Xbox One far more ways to interact with games etc.

And what are you talking about with €100 for online?? I pay €40 a year and it's well worth it as Live is much better than PSN. And it seems a lot of people missed the Sony announcement saying they will charge a subscription just like Xbox Live for people to play online on the PS4. Even playing field there now.

In spite of the ridiculous DRM stuff, I think the Xbox One is better all round, and the games that MS showed off are superior to the PS4.

i heard it cost 100 to play online ps4 is 40-50 , dude buy watcha wanna buy :P im getting the ps4 never really liked the xbox and definitely dont like the xbone, so what do you do then if you're away for the weekend and no1 is at home :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

I think things like Kinect etc are all pretty much gimmicks.

Its the same with all those kind of things, whether it be dance mats, playstation move, light guns, track ir, wii fit. They seem like a great idea and make you imagine how fantastic something could be. Then you either get it or try it at a friends house who was sucked into the marketing, then you realise that after a few days the novelty factor wears off and you cant be bothered with the hassle, or you find ways around it and you can do better with a normal controller.

The thing that the next gen consoles really ought to have, and to be honest I dont know if they have support for it or not, but they should have high quality mechanical keyboards and high quality gaming mice available to them. This will make them much better for media/internet browsing related tasks and it might just open up the doors for cross-platform gaming involving the PC. As it stands, the much better control provided by mouse and keyboard makes it impossible for a console player to be competitive against a PC gamer, so cross-platform play wouldve been a waste of time.

Even if the PC variants of games such as Fifa had a console mode, which forced the PC to emulate the exact same gaming conditions as the consoles, then maybe that would be workable. The thing with PC gaming is that there never has been a level playing field because depending on your budget, you can have a serious advantage over your opponent. When I play Fifa 13 on my PC I have a huge advantage over my friends on a single monitor because I can see the full pitch at all times. Triple screen 7680x1440 Fifa anyone?

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    Yes, it can be turned off. Like, off off. I'm not sure why people keep insisting otherwise. :confused:

Good, was thinking you had to be able to turn it off.

And even if not, the so called XBOX Nanny cam is just gonna hear the surround sound blarring when I am playing the xbox.

Advertisement