Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone actually buying xbox one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

COYVB wrote: »
    You know what, they deserve to pay before they can get to the netflix login screen

Owning an XBone will be punishment enough! :D

ujv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wow. This is just getting crazier and crazier. Anyone who gets banned from Xbox Live loses all their games. This, more than anything proves that you just don't own any Xbox One games you buy.

fWpJY1n.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wow. This is just getting crazier and crazier. Anyone who gets banned from Xbox Live loses all their games. This, more than anything proves that you just don't own any Xbox One games you buy.

fWpJY1n.png

So even if you buy a game on disc at the high street, if your account is banned you lose it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah, but how many people actually get banned? Dont you have to have been abusive or caught hacking?

AEzwCNN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Reason to buy XBOX One over PS4 ?

The Games , duh !

Microsoft has the stronger roster.
    Surprisingly, only three of the One’s console exclusives come from recently active franchises, but they’re among the strongest in the industry; Forza, Halo, and Dead Rising. Other strong titles include Sunset Overdrive, a stylized shooter from Insomniac Games (best known for Ratchet & Clank and Resistance) and Titanfall, which comes from the developers who worked on Modern Warfare before it became the Madden NFL of first-person shooters.

When I say this roster is strong, I mean so in an objective sense. Most of the exclusives revealed are either part of a popular, well-reviewed franchise, or come from a developer with an excellent record. Sony’s got some decent stuff too, but Killzone is not as promising as Halo, Drive Club is not as promising as Forza, Knack is not as promising as Sunset Overdrive, and so on.

I've heard this argument a lot, and the games probably are more promising but these are only the very first wave of exclusives. You buy a console for the long run. So I'd rather stick with the 'inferior' line up now but know that I'll get great games from Naughty Dog etc. down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

grizzly wrote: »
    Yeah, but how many people actually get banned? Dont you have to have been abusive or caught hacking?

I think it's more scare tactics than anything. If abusers/cheaters/hackers realise that there is a chance they'll lose all of their games, they are not going to abuse, cheat or hack. Stakes are higher now, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The thing about games is if the PS4 outsells the Xbox heavily, developers are going to move to the PS4.

It's a bit like the Vita at the moment, it's bombed at retail (despite being an excellent piece of hardware) so the 3DS is getting far more games as it probably has 10 times the install base.

Plus all we've seen so far is the initial wave of games. Personally I can live without Halo and Forza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

danthefan wrote: »
    The thing about games is if the PS4 outsells the Xbox heavily, developers are going to move to the PS4.

It's a bit like the Vita at the moment, it's bombed at retail (despite being an excellent piece of hardware) so the 3DS is getting far more games as it probably has 10 times the install base.

Plus all we've seen so far is the initial wave of games. Personally I can live without Halo and Forza.

I can't see the XBO bombing that much, but it won't be as successful as the 360 was at the beginning of it's life cycle. I can't see developers ditching it.

The WiiU now, that has bombed and EA have come out and said they are not supporting it anymore unless sales pick up. But right now its hard to do for cross platform games when you have two consoles that are broadly similar in power and capabilities and then a third that has only bit more power than the generation that just passed. The amount of changes needed for one platform that has a smaller install base is not worth it in a lot of developers eyes.

For any true hardcore gamer who loves games and has the money of course, they will end up with both consoles or even all 3 if you still need your Nintendo fix. I know I will, when all the mud slinging is over and we see how MS react and the dust settles I will get an XBO down the line a good bit down. I want to play Dead Rising, Forza and Halo but until then I will be playing the next gen on PS4.

I can't see the XBO bombing that much but it won't be a successful as the 360 was at the beginning of it's life cycle. I can't see developers ditching it.

The WiiU now, that has bombed and EA have come out and said they are not supporting it anymore unless sales pick up. But right now its hard to do for cross platform games when you have two consoles that are broadly similar in power and capabilities and then a third that has only bit more power than the generation that just passed. The amount of changes needed for one platform that has a smaller install base is not worth it in a lot of developers eyes.

For any true hardcore gamer who loves games and has the money of course, they will end up with both consoles. I know I will, when all the mud slinging is over and we see how MS react and the dust settles I will get an XBO down the line a good bit down. I want to play Dead Rising, Forza and Halo but until then I will be playing the next gen on PS4.

I don't think the XboxOne will bomb, but the current install base is around 70m/70m between 360/PS3 respectively. Close enough that it makes no difference. If there's a shift to say 50m/90m in favour of the PS4 they'll go from even in the last gen to nearly twice the install base this gen.

I'm just speculating obviously but all signs currently point to people switching from Xbox to PS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

For the past 3 or 4 years the playstation has had a far superior exclusive lineup. I can't see that changing with the PS4, you have to remember that most of the exclusives announced for xbox aren't getting released this year...

And heres another list that people probably haven't seen.. so for those that don't have a PC...

Blacklight: Retribution (PS4)
    Daylight (PS4)
    DC Universe Online (PS4)
    Don't Starve (PS4)
    Fantasia: Music Evolved (Xbox One)
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS4)
    LocoCycle (Xbox One)
    Minecraft (Xbox One)
    Mercenary Kings (PS4)
    Oddworld: New n' Tasty (PS4)
    Outlast (PS4)
    PlanetSide 2 (PS4)
    Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox One/PS4)
    Primal Carnage: Genesis (PS4)
    Ray's The Dead (PS4)
    Titanfall (Xbox One)
    Transistor (PS4)
    Warframe (PS4)
    Diablo 3 (PS4)
    War Thunder (PS4)
    Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One)

dead rising and titan fall are timed exclusives so not really gonna miss out on them.

I'll probably get both at some stage, but honestly its gotta be the PS4 first for me.

Don't think Dead Rising has been confirmed as a timed exclusive at this point. Is it not published by Microsoft themselves?

Magill wrote: »

dead rising and titan fall are timed exclusives so not really gonna miss out on them.

I'll probably get both at some stage, but honestly its gotta be the PS4 first for me.

At the MS conference at E3 the Dead Rising developers came on stage and said they could only do the game on XBO because of the cloud service even for the single player world, implying DR3 is online always. But that got me thinking PSN will have it's own cloud service too, then I see MS are the publishers.

Titanfall is only speculated as a timed exclusive, the developer when interviewed was very cagey on it even coming to PC strangely enough.

I don't think the xbone will bomb. Might not be as strong as the 360 has been, but it'll do fine.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't think the xbone will bomb. Might not be as strong as the 360 has been, but it'll do fine.

I agree it will find it own niche market, but and its a big BUT it will not be the home of hardcore gaming! I loved my XBOX 360 but I have no loyalty to M$ only to good gaming devices.

I don't think the demise of XBone would be good for the consumer though, SONY needs to be kept on its toes as that is why the consumer is reaping the rewards from the PS4 to date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

It's weird that the xbox brand grew on the back of sony's dropping the ball at the start of this gen. They brought out the PS3 at a very high price and marketed it as a media/bluray player. Xbox capitalized on this by focusing on hardcore gamers and won over a lot of fans.

They've literally learned nothing from Sony's mistake and done the exact same thing they did. I really don't understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Titanfall is definitely coming to PC and it will come to PS4 at a later date. Don't doubt that for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Think I'm gonna go with a PS4 at launch and wait and see how things transpire with the Xbox. Most of my friends are of the same opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

happytramp wrote: »
    It's weird that the xbox brand grew on the back of sony's dropping the ball at the start of this gen. They brought out the PS3 at a very high price and marketed it as a media/bluray player. Xbox capitalized on this by focusing on hardcore gamers and won over a lot of fans.

They've literally learned nothing from Sony's mistake and done the exact same thing they did. I really don't understand it.

Not only did they learn nothing from Sony's PS3 launch screw ups of
    1) focused on the wrong market
    2) price

but Microsoft went and added
    3) no game trading (bye hardcore gamers)
    4) once a day internet checks (bye anyone with a crap net connection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just saw this was uploaded... Had to post it first, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

cloud493 wrote: »
    So even if you buy a game on disc at the high street, if your account is banned you lose it?

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards :eek:
    You know how EA's COO Peter Moore told Geoff Keighley during the post-conference interview at E3 that the games they were showing off on stage were running on comparable dev kit specs to the actual home consoles? Well...that's not really true. What is true, however, is that to get the best performance on home console games, Microsoft made sure that they were running on the most stable system specs available on the market and in some cases that may have been an HP powered, Windows 7 system with Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU.

_1371234169.jpg

Read the rest here: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Am I seeingthings or there no locks on those cabinets? Surely anyone could have just got near it and opened the damn thing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards :eek:

Read the rest here: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

Something like this comes up at every game convention, pretty much any game you have seen at any of these things over the past few years would be running of a dev box.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Something like this comes up at every game convention, pretty much any game you have seen at any of these things over the past few years would be running of a dev box.

Is it even fair to call dev kit box? It is not using AMD stuff, it is using NVIDIA Cards. They call those GTX, but those might as well be 780 or titans...

One thing is for sure: MS is full of ****, when it is saying that footage is from ingame running on xbox one hardware. There is no way going around that. I am not saying that Sony did not do same, just was better at hiding it.

What really scares me now, that we will get a lot more Alien Colonial Marines Later this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

marco_polo wrote: »

isnt it odd though that the dev kits are running different hardware (nvidia) than what the console is using (AMD)?

XBone mock ads trickling out lol

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/619749

Well what ever the PS4 demos were running off they had a few crashes and technical hicups. Assassins Creed 4 froze and stuttered a few times during the press conference and Transistor crashed twice causing a full system reboot each time in a Gamespot live stage gameplay demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Well what ever the PS4 demos were running off they had a few crashes and technical hicups. Assassins Creed 4 froze and stuttered a few times during the press conference and Transistor crashed twice causing a full system reboot each time in a Gamespot live stage gameplay demo.

wouldnt mind that tbh. the games are 4 months away from complete and those e3 demos are usually thrown together as quickly as possible so that they dont lose much dev time

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »
    wouldnt mind that tbh. the games are 4 months away from complete and those e3 demos are usually thrown together as quickly as possible so that they dont lose much dev time

If what, that might prove, that those ps4 games were actually running on dev kits?

Advertisement