Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Revenue Tax Refund

Options
  • 11-06-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone who left for Canada this year and who was working in Ireland up until they left, have claimed back the tax they overpaid and if so, how long did it take to get the refund?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

would be interested to find out about this too. i will be leaving in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

I did and as far as I remember it didnt take too long. maybe 2 months or so.
    Also try and bring some information about how much you earned in Ireland before you left so when you go to do you taxes next year you can give an exact figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

After about 4 weeks wait I received a partial refund of 1600 into my bank account. My friend told me I should receive some documentation in the mail I need to fill in and submit in order to be refunded the remainder. A couple more weeks have passed and I haven't received any correspondence . anyone else in the same position or know exactly what the process is? My mate didn't seem too sure..
    Trying to get in contact with the revenue from abroad is difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Adam We

I left for canada in 2012. Claimed for the 2012 tax return early in 2013 on the revenue.ie website, on the PAYE Anytime app. You just request a p21 balancing statement, and the money was in my bank account a week later

Think you might need to register for PAYE anytime 1st, not much hassle. It's something I'd done a couple years before though

Advertisement