Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta Online Checkin

Options
  • 11-06-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Flying out on a Delta Flight next week from DUB to JFK

I see i'm able to check in online, is there a bag drop desk for Delta in T2? Or do we have to Q up anyway?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I've never been able to check in online for international flights with delta......not sure if it's a rule for non-US passport holders, or a general rule for all international flights through delta.

It has been a couple of years since I flew with them, so I'm open for correction, but I flew back and forth with Delta 5 times in 3 years (2008-2010) and wasn't able to do online check-in either direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Yeah we tried with continental in 2011 and it was a non runner. Sure I can try on sunday and if it doesnt work no big deal can always just check in the normal way.

Their website says nothing about non us passports

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

I flew Delta last month. I checked in online. Even though you still have to queue at the aiport I've found it does help to check in online as you can enter all of your passport details and where you're staying in the States. Makes the process go faster at the airport.
    Online checkin opens 24 hours before departure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

I couldn't check in from Dublin when I was there a few weeks ago, but it is because I am on a visa, not an ESTA.

You should be fine though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It has been a couple of years since I flew with them, so I'm open for correction, but I flew back and forth with Delta 5 times in 3 years (2008-2010) and wasn't able to do online check-in either direction.

The only trouble I've seen these days is when it's a code-share flight; you book with Delta but if it's Air France who are operating the flight then you need to check-in on the AF site even if Delta send you an e-mail with a giant Check In Now button.
    May not have been the case for you but worth knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Ponster wrote: »
    The only trouble I've seen these days is when it's a code-share flight; you book with Delta but if it's Air France who are operating the flight then you need to check-in on the AF site even if Delta send you an e-mail with a giant Check In Now button.
    May not have been the case for you but worth knowing.

Much more likely to be the other way around. Air France don't fly transatlantic from Ireland, if you book air France or klm direct from Ireland to the US it will be a Delta flight

Advertisement