Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to survive final year with part time job

Options
  • 11-06-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi , I'm writing this here as I'm considering to take a loan for a year to support my final year . I'm coming from a quite poor family so I'm receiving grants to pay for college ( thank god or else I will never be able to afford it ) and about 600 every three months extra . Because of my family being quite big I need to move out this September and will also start my final year, I'm already feeling stressed over it as I don't know if I would be able to afford it to live on my own and study for my final year . I also want to do master degree in the future so need to study hard . I'm unemployed at the moment and looking for a job for the past few months with no luck . I'm trying to find out if there are or were students in the same situation and how they have over came it , I hope to find a job to work on the weekends during college but I presume it won't be enough , so I'm thinking to take a loan for a year , I have friends in holland who are able to defer their payments until they finish college , is that option even possible in Ireland ? Any advice would be helpful as I'm quite desperate and I can't defer my year as I'm planning to move abroad straight after graduating . Thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't see what options you have if you're planning on leaving as soon as you finish. You've no job and no means to pay back a loan, no bank will go near you.

If you can find a bank that will defer the loan until you finish then just delay emigrating for a year or two to pay it back. That's if you find a willing bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jlj91

Don't see what options you have if you're planning on leaving as soon as you finish. You've no job and no means to pay back a loan, no bank will go near you.

If you can find a bank that will defer the loan until you finish then just delay emigrating for a year or two to pay it back. That's if you find a willing bank.

Yeah that's why I'm wondering what I can do , I don't have anything to keep me here except my family and college , I'm lucky enough to have survived without a loan for three years but I was able to live at home .

Advertisement