Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for Eircom Broadband, How long does it take?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I decided on May 14th to signup & return to Eircom for Phone/Broadband Package. As told, my phone service was transfered over within 3 days, my bill arrived some 5 days after that. However my broadband service was to be changed over within 10 working days of my phone service, this has still not happened.  When I contact Customer CARE 1901, I get the runaround with different dates stated which are never met. I also receive text messages which state my broadband will be transfered within 5 working days, this does'nt happen either. Based on my experience in these 3 weeks of returning to Eircom( trying to return to Eircom), I do hope it is not a reflection of the service for the duration of my 12 month contract  Perhaps you can help clarify this changeover which I was told would be trouble free. Could you also provide me with a link to the section of Eircom's Customer Charter governing this changeover.
    Hoping you can help. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Sweet Jesus don't get me started! Short answer- 4 and a half weeks from I first called before my broadband went "live".

My modem order wasn't processed after the technician visited my house. Wasted ten working days waiting on it. Mistake spotted. Had to wait a further 5 or 6 days to get it.

Modem arrives, but dsl light was off. My broadband was showing up as "pending" on their system though it was supposed to be live a week before that. Rang up on a thursday only to be told they could send an email and wait for a reply.

Heard nothing by monday so I called again. Told by girl on phone she'd speak to someone else for me. I said if it wasn't sorted within 48hours I was leaving. Came home from work Tuesday, broadband was working. \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sweet Jesus don't get me started! Short answer- 4 and a half weeks from I first called before my broadband went "live".

My modem order wasn't processed after the technician visited my house. Wasted ten working days waiting on it. Mistake spotted. Had to wait a further 5 or 6 days to get it.

Modem arrives, but dsl light was off. My broadband was showing up as "pending" on their system though it was supposed to be live a week before that. Rang up on a thursday only to be told they could send an email and wait for a reply.

Heard nothing by monday so I called again. Told by girl on phone she'd speak to someone else for me. I said if it wasn't sorted within 48hours I was leaving. Came home from work Tuesday, broadband was working. \o/

Hi
    tomjones82004,

Sorry to hear about the delays you have had setting up your account. If you would like to PM me with your name address & order number if you have it and I can look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Where do we start with Eircom 'service' ? Phoned up to get a phone reconnected on a rented house and broadband installed. Technician phoned my partner to find out location of house ( on back country road )who sent him a 'map' that wasn't really accurate, no word from technician in 18 days now, no 'record' in Eircom so they issued new order and text sent that says I won't see anybody for c.3 weeks more !!!!!!
    I do not have the original order number or technicians phone number, only his email that he provided but he hasn't responded to new email I sent ( maybe he's on holidays ? )
    As for phoning 1901 or sales 1800 200 664, it's either you get Dumb and dumber or you find someone who SEEMS helpful because he lives in the same town as you, but when you phone him back (as he requested) he says "I'll phone you right back" and doesn't !!
    If anyone in Eircom is looking the area is Wicklow town and the technician's initials (from his email ) were J T
    Hope something can be done, otherwise ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Capri,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look inot this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Just thought I'd ask here myself. On June 6th, I ordered the 70Mb unlimited Fibre and then the Tuesday after, I cancelled with Digiweb after a full 12 months. Right now, I'm getting the same 8Mb service I was getting through Digiweb, but now from Eircom (service went live again yesterday), so I'm wondering just how long is left until I get the Fibre? I have yet to receive a phone call back from Eircom asking when I'm free for the engineer to visit. I'm not in any big rush to get it, would just like to know what the ETA is on getting Fibre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Just thought I'd ask here myself. On June 6th, I ordered the 70Mb unlimited Fibre and then the Tuesday after, I cancelled with Digiweb after a full 12 months. Right now, I'm getting the same 8Mb service I was getting through Digiweb, but now from Eircom (service went live again yesterday), so I'm wondering just how long is left until I get the Fibre? I have yet to receive a phone call back from Eircom asking when I'm free for the engineer to visit. I'm not in any big rush to get it, would just like to know what the ETA is on getting Fibre.
    Hi RikuoAmero

Just following up. I got your PM as requested on your forum thread.

- http://bit.ly/134OtV4

I am following up with our efibre team and I will get back to you later today.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

26 Jun, STILL nothing from Eircom except phone sales people trying to fob me off to 'Tech Support' 'Broadband' etc. TBH, if Eircom folded tomorrow I'd have no sympathy for any 'workers' who lose their jobs because none of them seem interested in providing a service to those that pay their salaries.:mad:

Okay, called Eircom, turns out that they didn't put in an order for Fibre after transferring my regular broadband from Digiweb to themselves (despite the fact I had several calls and several emails saying Fibre all over the place), so now I've got a booking for the engineer for the 5th of July. While I am glad to finally have the booking, I do have to say that I have had to chase Eircom about it and what was supposed to be 10 days is now THREE TIMES that, a full month from the initial order. While there was some initial confusion at the start (apparently, me signing a cancellation form with the previous ISP is a big no-no), the fact that Eircom have admitted to me that there was no subsequent order for Fibre just gets on my nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Okay, called Eircom, turns out that they didn't put in an order for Fibre after transferring my regular broadband from Digiweb to themselves (despite the fact I had several calls and several emails saying Fibre all over the place), so now I've got a booking for the engineer for the 5th of July. While I am glad to finally have the booking, I do have to say that I have had to chase Eircom about it and what was supposed to be 10 days is now THREE TIMES that, a full month from the initial order. While there was some initial confusion at the start (apparently, me signing a cancellation form with the previous ISP is a big no-no), the fact that Eircom have admitted to me that there was no subsequent order for Fibre just gets on my nerves.
    Hi RikuoAmero

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Al

Hi RikuoAmero

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Al

As an apology, I would like it if the 35 quid I was told I owe for the regular (non-Fibre) broadband I've been using for the last week was waived, given that the only reason I have it is because I was told it was necessary to get to Fibre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

As an apology, I would like it if the 35 quid I was told I owe for the regular (non-Fibre) broadband I've been using for the last week was waived, given that the only reason I have it is because I was told it was necessary to get to Fibre.
    RikuoAmero

I cannot arrange credits from here and if you wish to request such action taken on your account you will need to contact eircom complaints on 1800200481 to log a complaint which will be investigated in full.

Al

Advertisement