Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoarding on Brooklyn Bridge ?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭

I was flicking through What Was There & came across the iconic photo of the guys on the wires while building the Brooklyn bridge.

Then I saw the modern pic & there's hoarding on it.

I was last there four years ago & to my knowledge there was no hoarding up. Is there a reason for it or is it temporary & they just captured it at the wrong time ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Not sure about that hoarding but there is a white canvas along the side of the bridge for a few years now. Think both may be to do with restoration of the bridge.

These bridges need alot of maintenance. For example take the Golden Gate - When they finish painting it, its time to start again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm pretty sure that the hording is still there today but you can only see it when driving across and only at the extremities of the bridge.

Advertisement