Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Vodafone] Broadband super slow, at wits end trying to get provider to fix it

• 11-06-2013 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the right place to ask for help

I'm with vodafone and the speeds have always been utter rubbish, but have worsened since xmas, I'm talking .5 on a very very good day(for an hour or two), I should be getting 3 mb/s. Most days however its not even .1, and pages half load, then just hang. DSL drops constantly. Can't download anything.

Been onto vodafone loads over the last few months and done all the stuff they ask you to do over the phone, all the tests, mucking around with modem, removing splitters etc umpteen times. Tried different routers, different cables etc. They always say they notice a problem. They told me over the weekend that there is a problem with the line, but I don't believe this, in fact today they sent an eircom guy out who spent ages checking the line and gave it a clear bill of health (it can take 3 mb/s). Got back onto them and the rep (a different guy) said he doesn't know why a line problem was logged cause it doesn't seem to be the line. He said it has the hallmarks of one and shows up initially as a line issue but it isn't. He hasn't a notion in other words. Said he'd ring me back tomorrow but his plan seems to be to wait until the eircom lad puts it into the system that he checked the fault- then he in vodafone will be able to log a fault again and send him back out.

Is there anything I can tell vodafone to check or do to help me?

Fiber has been recently been put down, and I can see the new cab from my window. Could it have something to do with this? (fiber has not been turned on yet).

Other people in the estate can get around 2 mb/s consistently.

Any ideas at all would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

I'm with vodafone and the speeds have always been utter rubbish, but have worsened since xmas, I'm talking .5 on a very very good day(for an hour or two), I should be getting 3 mb/s. Most days however its not even .1, and pages half load, then just hang. DSL drops constantly. Can't download anything.

Any ideas at all would be helpful.

First thing would be to give us your line statistics, these can be found on your router pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

A problem I'm all to familiar with. My friend and my boss have suffered from Vodafone broadband not been up to scratch.

From the initial first day of slow speeds and it been reported, two months passed before the problems were resolved and that was only because both switched back to Eircom. Vodafone blamed the house phone lines, the lines leading to the house and then the local server.

Speeds never improved and both were able to get their contract broke due to Vodafone not fulfilling their end of the contract.

Thats my experience with Vodafone and I've never been a customer. Hope it works out better for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

Changed over to Vodafone broadband recently - currently getting a speed of 0.22mb/s!!!

Living in a rural area so the line is restricted to 2mb/s, which we were getting with Eircom and the service was fine. Switched to Vodafone for what I though was a better deal - I'll be contacting Vodafone in the morning to cancel my contract.

Paying less for a contract is fine, but its no good unless you're getting the service you require

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is there any way out of a contract I'm similar with SKY but I think the term"up to" covers them on their side of the contract.Could be wrong I read that on the internet before when it worked:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

dave1982 wrote: »
    Is there any way out of a contract I'm similar with SKY but I think the term"up to" covers them on their side of the contract.Could be wrong I read that on the internet before when it worked:rolleyes:

Have you complained to Sky? I find their CS are pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

With vodafone dsl - it's crawling all morning - and disconnected completely last night. ping is in four figures.

That issue continues - ping of >3000ms. Still no answer from vodafone - either via email or their support forum on boards...:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Thanks for posting this. Was thinking of moving to VF to save a few euros but if the service is that bad, I think I'll stick with my current provider.

lockup35 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this. Was thinking of moving to VF to save a few euros but if the service is that bad, I think I'll stick with my current provider.

I had issues before - then it came good - now have had issues all week - and no answer - not in the interaction forum here on boards - or directly via email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Just following on from the OP, that fcuker never rang me back. Contract was up and I'm changing provider.

• Advertisement
Advertisement