Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another crew cab road tax question.

Options
  • 11-06-2013 11:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this was asked and answered already. I done a search and found some results, but nothing that definitively answered it.

I've had commercials, and crew cabs for some years now. always taxed them commercially. No issues there.

My current crew cab was bought in 2007, and i done the usual declaration, etc. For 4 years i never had a bother. However over the last two years i have been asked, only on occasion, for another declaration.

Sometimes i am, other times i'm not. Depends on the teller on the window. I thought you only had to do this when initially taxing the vehicle. Coupled with the sporadic requests for them, and the fact that i cannot find anything online to say you need to do this each time i need to ask.

Is anyone else being asked for this declaration each time they tax their commercial?

When i brought in the "Goods Declaration" the last time the lady said i needed a crew cab declaration. I told her i already done one when i first taxed it, and a couple of times since. She said i needed to do it every time, and that as i had the goods declaration signed by the Gardaí she would put it through, but told me to make sure i used the right form in the future.

It's not exactly a major pain. I mean it's only one extra form. Whats bothering me is is it needed each time?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

As you can tell from the lack of replies, no-one is sure about this. It varies from office to office what you may be asked for, there's no consistency. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yeah gathered that much.

Went in today and renewed it. Got the lady behind the counter to give me a few spare forms. They are like a "miniature" version of the original crew cab declaration. It's a renewal of this declaration, and needs to be signed each time you renew your motor tax. It's not the rf111a/Goods declaration or the original crew cab declaration over again.

Apparently it is required, and should be done each time.

You are right in that it's a hit and miss in terms of when you are asked, but according to the lady i spoke to today it is a requirement. When i told her i've been asked on and off for over the last 2 years she simply said "some forget to ask for it when it's a renewal".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement