Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** HL German before/after **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Soooo am...
    Any tips on German grammar? It's nonsense to me I guess them everytime and get like 3/20 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I really hate the pieces of reading. Theyre either about someone's aunt, someone looking out a window or someone being depressed. Hoping for a simple one on how Johnny went to school and missed his bus or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Reading were good, writing was fine, listening was not great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

was ok! not amazing, not bad just okay! comprehensions were alright, listening alright letter not so great :p

oh well finished the leaving now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

The comprehensions were quite nice for a change, the Außerung was nice too, and the letter was ok, we hadn't covered tattoos and piercings but it was bluffable :) listing was good and normally I really struggle with them! Almost lost it when the man pronounced the gathering! Think I did pretty well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

Was all a bit meh for me tbh. Could have went worse, but equally could have been better! Comprehensions were fine with the exception of picking out that change in outlook, just really could not see it, typical pointless german story! Listening went well, letter was fairly average although I got my stupid idioms in! :P

What was the food questions in the letter about again? Think I answered it wrong.

Was all a bit meh for me tbh. Could have went worse, but equally could have been better! Comprehensions were fine with the exception of picking out that change in outlook, just really could not see it, typical pointless german story! Listening went well, letter was fairly average although I got my stupid idioms in! :P

Same. I said things like she used to be unhappy with life but now she's making people happy (with the teddy bear). She used to like Franz but then decides to not see him etc

For the last part of the second reading comp for the matching part I got DEFBA. Anyone same?

Grammar was ok. Verbs were guessable and second part I guested es or em for most

SecondMan wrote: »
    What was the food questions in the letter about again? Think I answered it wrong.

What food we just to eat 10 years ago and what we eat now. Do we have imbusstubes?? here in Ireland

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    What food we just to eat 10 years ago and what we eat now. Do we have imbusstubes?? here in Ireland

I just said we mostly eat traditional food. And ten years ago we ate more take aways from foreign restaurants than we do today because of the recession. I then mentioned all the Indian and chinese restaurants in the country?

• Advertisement

Same. I said things like she used to be unhappy with life but now she's making people happy (with the teddy bear). She used to like Franz but then decides to not see him etc

For the last part of the second reading comp for the matching part I got DEFBA. Anyone same?

Grammar was ok. Verbs were guessable and second part I guested es or em for most

I though she went to Franz's house for Christmas?

It was finding the third point that I struggled with. Usually I find that question so obvious and the marking scheme has about 10 or 12 different options.. just wouldnt click!
    Really cant remember what sequence my answers were, but i had a feeling that I had them right, they were fairly straight forward:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Really happy with that, went well I think :D The adjective endings in the grammar section might have been a bit shaky, and I may have missed a few bits for the news part of the listening, but apart from that, it was a really accessible paper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

Guys, if you said teddy bear you got it wrong. She found a "Schwein" (a pig) "neben" (near) the teddy bears!

VincentLeB wrote: »
    Guys, if you said teddy bear you got it wrong. She found a "Schwein" (a pig) "neben" (near) the teddy bears!

I noticed that but I didnt no what a Schwein was.. So I said it was a doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

I noticed that but I didnt no what a Schwein was.. So I said it was a doll.

I had forgotten but remembered. Came in handy for the Äußerung when you had to point out the Sparschwein (savings pig)! I wouldn't have remembered it otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

It was such a nice paper! The comprehensions were so manageable :)) happy out ! What was the weather in the alps ? I said something about clear visibility but I just didn't understand it ?
    It made me laugh so much that everyone suddenly started being nice to Betty on the street just because she was carrying a life size pig ! And when the guy said "the gathering" <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

0__0

You serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

The 2nd part of the grammar section was a pure minefield. Answered part 2 of the listening in english, realised after, and had to translate everything i'd written into german into the extremely narrow side.
    Otherwise was grand I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

Chikablam wrote: »
    0__0

You serious?

oh god I am an idiot.

• Advertisement

And picked up the pig by the two ears yeah? And carried it by putting her two arms around it? And brought it on the taxi and the train ? Good man.

Prodigious wrote: »
    And picked up the pig by the two ears yeah? And carried it by putting her two arms around it? And brought it on the taxi and the train ? Good man.

So it wasn't a pig haha lets hope so!

The 2nd part of the grammar section was a pure minefield. Answered part 2 of the listening in english, realised after, and had to translate everything i'd written into german into the extremely narrow side.
    Otherwise was grand I thought.

Ahhhhh bollox I answered it in English.. Ah well only a small part was required in German.. :((

ameliaaaaa wrote: »
    It was such a nice paper! The comprehensions were so manageable :)) happy out ! What was the weather in the alps ? I said something about clear visibility but I just didn't understand it ?
    It made me laugh so much that everyone suddenly started being nice to Betty on the street just because she was carrying a life size pig ! And when the guy said "the gathering" <3

I got ideal for mountain climbing?!

What were the politicians saying about Facebook etc?

Ahhhhh bollox I answered it in English.. Ah well only a small part was required in German.. :((

You still get half marks, be grand.

A girl in my exam hall snorted when yer man said "The Gathering".. Was more trying to not laugh at that than his pronunciation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

I got ideal for mountain climbing?!

What were the politicians saying about Facebook etc?

That sounds more right then what I had ! I said that they wanted Facebook to stop allowing the organisation of such parties :) did anyone else get that ?

ameliaaaaa wrote: »
    That sounds more right then what I had ! I said that they wanted Facebook to stop allowing the organisation of such parties :) did anyone else get that ?

Something along those lines. Think it mentioned paying too. And the police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Something along those lines. Think it mentioned paying too. And the police.

Was it that the wanted people to have to pay to use facebook to stop the parties before people got hurt?

• Advertisement

Ich hasse die Horenverstandnis. Weil ich schlecht in die Horenverstandnis habe gemacht, werde ich nicht mein A bekommen. :( (excuse the bad grammar - obviously not even capable of writing D standard German :(

Advertisement