Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Prices

• 11-06-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a practice that does the kennel cough and booster vaccines for a somewhat reasonable price,as close to the Drogheda area as possible.. some places quoting 70-80 euro per dog...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

csully397 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a practice that does the kennel cough and booster vaccines for a somewhat reasonable price,as close to the Drogheda area as possible.. some places quoting 70-80 euro per dog...

That's about the norm down here. There's a vet in newry, Ancu vets and they are cheap enough. I heard him telling someone over the phone that kennel cough was £18 so might not be very much for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

I pay €50 for the yearly vaccinations & kennel cough in Cork. But it's a long established Vet whose overheads were covered a long time ago I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Booster vaccine with my vet is €45 - I rang the other day to find out. He is based in Swords don't know about kennel cough as my dog does not mix with other dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I think Westgate vets is slightly cheaper than Allpets who IIRC charge €70 per dog. But the level of care and service in Allpets is brilliant. Ann Marie has such a good way with dogs and in particular my female who hates vets almost as much as she hates groomers:D. There's also Boynside Vets on the Rathmullan Road but I don't know how much they charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I was in recently to my local vets with 2 dogs - €110 for booster vaccs + KC.

I think the way it works is €40 for the consult and €35 each for the vaccs/KC.

Sometimes I look at it as there 'annual checkup' but I was disappointed as the vet didn't spend long enough looking at each dog IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

paultf wrote: »
    Sometimes I look at it as there 'annual checkup' but I was disappointed as the vet didn't spend long enough looking at each dog IMO.

Now that would annoy me too! Our vet goes over them with a fine tooth comb and since my dogs legs are healed :) we're not in the vets that much so prefect for him to have a check up.
    EDIT - ours are the price of a consultation and then the price of the vaccine so around €55-65 iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

At the time of inoculation / vaccination the Vet has to ensure that the pet is in good health. A pet who is unwell will not react as well to inoculation, and might have to have their inoculation / vaccination postponed.
    This is the primary reason that the administering Vet should check the pet's overall health.
    It is also generally the case that the only opportunity your Vet will have to examine your pet is when their annual inoculation / vaccination is due and any diligent Vet should take this opportunity to give a basic health check.
    It is therefore reasonable to charge a Consultation fee, but only if a certain minimum of time & expertise (including asking the owner about the pet's history, habits and nutrition) are used.

Advertisement