Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is that megaphone voice by night in Castle Park area?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I live in Castle Park and often at around midnight I can hear some megaphone voice speaking out loud. seems like garda ?

but why is that on a regular basis?

it is heard not far from the sport field which is between Castle Park and Supervalu.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Seems unlikely that the Gards would be going around causing noise pollution in a housing estate at that hour of nught unless it was for a very good reason

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Not from galway but think I can shed some light on this so to speak,
    A lot of business and school's are using live web based security CCTV monitoring that usually has a loudspeaker system where a person monitoring a location can warn trespassers off using a radio system ,

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

Gatling wrote: »
    Not from galway but think I can shed some light on this so to speak,
    A lot of business and school's are using live web based security CCTV monitoring that usually has a loudspeaker system where a person monitoring a location can warn trespassers off using a radio system ,

yep...that might be this. I live near nissan dealer, there is also other bussinesses so it might be it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Blueshirt or possibly Taliban training camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Sorry to hear about this

I would hate to live beside that sort of noise late at night.Although I had to collect a relative at an apartment in the middle of town recently around 2am and the roarin' and screamin' and pukein going on down on the street was far worse than this I'd say.

• Advertisement

Owldshtok wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about this

I would hate to live beside that sort of noise late at night.Although I had to collect a relative at an apartment in the middle of town recently around 2am and the roarin' and screamin' and pukein going on down on the street was far worse than this I'd say.

please dont exggaterate :cool:

it happens one time every week or two weeks, it last no more than 10 sec. and it is not as bad as drunken crowd in city centre :cool:

Ah ok that's not so bad! My imagination went wild. I was imagining an eerie Orwellian type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭biomech

could be the 24hr filling station,,, late at night talking to punters at the pumps???

biomech wrote: »
    could be the 24hr filling station,,, late at night talking to punters at the pumps???

once every week ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

It's definitely Windsor motors, if anyone walks through it a loudspeaker warns them they are trespassing.

• Advertisement

They should have a bit more consideration for the residents and find alternative security arrangements

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Or the scobes that trespass at night should just stop breaking the law maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

They should have a bit more consideration for the residents and find alternative security arrangements

releasethehounds.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I believe that all inner city buildings should be fitted with external noise activated speaker systems that activate after midnight. Roar in my street, and you will get soaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

might be something like this but for a business, seen them on tv before. if the trespasser dont leave, the guy talking and watching the cctv calls the garda's.

Advertisement