Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**ART HISTORY Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SeanMcG95

What does everyone do for the illustrations? Maybe it's just me but for some reason I find replicating a renaissance painting or a page full of squiggles from the Book of Kells off the top of my head somewhat difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TentacleCubes

I completely forgot about the sketches. Welp.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

Someone give me a topic to revise off each of the 3 questions please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

SeanMcG95 wrote: »
    What does everyone do for the illustrations? Maybe it's just me but for some reason I find replicating a renaissance painting or a page full of squiggles from the Book of Kells off the top of my head somewhat difficult.

if something you've covered comes up on the illustrated sheet go with it, its easier to copy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

bunclan wrote: »
    Thinking about studying Iron age and Newgrange for section 1 and maybe a little bit of Bronze age to cover myself if I have time.
    For section 2 I was thinking Degas, Monet, Manet, Van Gogh and Cezanne.
    Section three will be fine for me. I usually do the gallery question.

Do you think I will have enough covered here for tomorrow then?

That's basically what I've done except I'm focusing on the manuscripts and the Bronze age for the early irish section. Hopefully one of those artists come up!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mollymulligan_

I am literally fecked for this exam

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

I don't have time to study much. I'm putting my hopes on Newgrange, botticelli, da vinci or michelangelo on coming up.
    Im not too worried since the project went well. :)

do at least one out of the four: Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello come up because I've noticed at least one out of those four up to 2006 have appeared? Leonardo and Michelangelo both came up though last year apart from Michelangelo's architecture and that's hardly a four page essay, I hope Botticelli or Van Eyck come up haven't seen that since I think 06
    Anyone have an idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TentacleCubes

How long should each essay be, roughly?

How long should each essay be, roughly?

I usually do 4 pages for an essay that's what my teacher taught is to do, that's with the diagrams aswell though and there should be 2 or 3 of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

Any last min predictions ha

I did a really good pre paper and then completely neglected the subject thinking I knew it all and now I'm skimming through all the artists and I know nothing ha ha ha ha I am ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I did a really bad pre paper and still neglected the subject! I know nothing! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Getting slightly worried that I've been at bit too neglectful of them chapters that are easy at the time but you go to look back on and can't remember which artifact belongs to where/which artist painted each painting.

I know my stone/metal ages, could wing it on a Georgian Q, know my Romanesque and Gothic architecture and sculpture, know impressionism and post impressionism, know public sculpture (ish) and the gallery visit is handy.

This is going to have to be enough.

And have ye seen Eoin Jacksons predictions? We haven't done any architecture or Georgian/Romanesque buildings and those things we mainly did artists. Not one of our Irish artists are on his list, all I have notes on is the book of kells!

And the only European artists I know right now are Giotto and Van Eyck. Pray for us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

peekachoo wrote: »
    And have ye seen Eoin Jacksons predictions? We haven't done any architecture or Georgian/Romanesque buildings and those things we mainly did artists. Not one of our Irish artists are on his list, all I have notes on is the book of kells!

And the only European artists I know right now are Giotto and Van Eyck. Pray for us!!

Where abouts did you see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

If Georgian and Romanesque, and maybe Michelangelo comes up. Sorted.

If not, dead.

Thataone wrote: »
    Where abouts did you see them?

YouTube him! If you dare :-/

peekachoo wrote: »

Nope I haven't? We didn't do any Irish artists though. We did the Georgian and Romanesque buildings though

Jade. wrote: »
    Nope I haven't? We didn't do any Irish artists though. We did the Georgian and Romanesque buildings though

Eoin Jackson predictions:

Irish:
    Georgian buildings
    Chalices
    Book of kells
    Pre christian metalwork
    John Rocha
    Romanesque architecture
    Michael Scott
    Pauline bewick
    Eileen grey

European:
    General question (talk about a painting under the theme war etc)
    Botticelli
    Cubism
    Gothic painting
    Raphael
    Surrealism
    Rembrandt
    Giotto
    Romanesque architecture
    Romanesque sculpture
    Michelangelo

• Advertisement

Right I love his predictions! I would be extremely happy if they were on the paper :O

They make me sad. I need an A in this paper!

I really need to do well in it too! But his predictions don't be the best! So knowing my luck they're the ones that wot be coming up!

I'm just worried about the Irish section! I mean in European if something you knew didn't come up there's always that general theme question. Just praying for Le Brocquy in the Irish section, I'm hoping the SEC thought to put him on after his death in 2012 and maybe Eoin Jackson didn't mention him as he came up last year. Desperate wishful thinking here!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Is there a possibility on Edouard Manet? Van Gogh or van eyck?
    Will Bronze Age make an a appearance??

Right lads I'm off into school now for last minute cramming, best of luck to everyone - we all need it! :P
    c'mon le brocquy/van eyck please make an appearance <3

Good luck! I've about another hour and 15 mins left at home cramming! :eek:

Well..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Done the book of kells and gothic cathedral happy enough but that gallery question was annoying :pac:

• Advertisement

Was planning on doing gothic but my teach said there is to much info in it to change to Monet and Manet a month before today....what comes up fu*k*ng degas! Thanks teacher!!
    Thanks S.E.C!
    No luck!

Advertisement