Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping it going (Half Marathon)

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭

I'm what you would call a bad runner at this point. I'm used to sprinting 10 seconds for a ball, break, ball is up other end of pitch so just keep an eye on the man, sprint for ball, take break.

still i've been co-opted by a friend to do a few runs. when i say runs i meant run, walk, run, walk.

have done Ballycotton 10 last 3 years always very near back of the race. roughly 12 min miles

did mallow 10 in 1:52

did cork half marathon recently. had a training plan which was going well enough before the injury bug hit.

there went training runs. was just about recovered before race day

on day i think i did well enough considering the bad start to race (delays) and hot conditions. stayed with 2.30 pacing group til mile 8 and a bit. longest i had ever continuosly run

finished in 2.38 which is prob bit closer to 2.36 when you take difference between start gun and when i crossed line. was hoping for 2.30

so my next goal is hopefully Midlands Half.

going to try the training plan and hopefully i'll stay injury free through it and championship season.

main goal is to keep running/jogging for entire race

sub 2.30 would be nice

2.30 pacers would be fantastic again but won't be there so i'll just have to get on with it

Day 1: wet conditions. 5k 34.14

thankfully injuries seem ok after run

Advertisement