Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!Science tomorrow!

Options
  • 12-06-2013 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Morning y'all! ;)
    Probably the hardest subject for most of you boardsies? I'm excited for tomorrow, I love science, I love the exam and I can't wait to do it :D.

Feel free to use this thread to ask and post notes on various of chapters in science :).

Note: SCIENCE EXAM IS UNPREDICTABLE, IT FOLLOWS A RANDOM PATTERN. SO PLEASE DON'T KEEP ASKING FOR PREDICTIONS AS WE CANNOT HELP YOU WITH THAT.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

Nope , science is actually the easiest for me , fav subject after maths doing all science subjects for 4 th year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Mary A wrote: »
    Nope , science is actually the easiest for me , fav subject after maths doing all science subjects for 4 th year :D
    *highfive* Science is the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Nah, Science is easy, I just find Biology and Chemistry really boring, so learning them is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Coyg2210

The great thing about science is that you either know it or you dont know it, theres no long pointless explanations like in history or geography it's just do the question and move on with it. Everyone is usually finished pretty quick :)

Mary A wrote: »
    ohh so small! half the class is doing pass and other higher xD , im doing all honours. only 3 subjects left for me :D!!
    Lucky! ... care to swap lives? I want my summer holidays early! :mad:

• Advertisement

Weird, I thought this was a Science thread -_-

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Darwin said evolution is real :confused:. ;)

Also, Home Economics is a science :p.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »

I'll move the off-topics later. I have to go to work.

spurious wrote: »
    I'll move the off-topics later. I have to go to work.

Have fun :L!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Ugh I am dreading it. Papers are completely random so its not like you can focus on a few topics...., my teacher can't teach (and she spends like 90% of the class giving out to people for whispering like ugh), and I am rubbish at Physics and Chemistry. My only hope is to try and do really well in Biology and I might come out with a C if I am lucky :P
    Also I put a lot of effort into those booklets we had to do, so I am expecting a good grade in that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Could non mandatory experiments come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Could non mandatory experiments come up?

They are not really supposed to come up. Most if not all experiments asked will be mandatory ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Science is the subject that my parents care the most about and want me to focus on 20 times more than all the other subjects yet it is one of the only subjects I have a horrible teacher in. If my project is good then I'm pretty sure I'll get at least a C but I really need an A.

Should I learn stuff from the book, learn off notes from my revision book/the physicsteacher.ie or should I practice exam papers?

Science is the subject that my parents care the most about and want me to focus on 20 times more than all the other subjects yet it is one of the only subjects I have a horrible teacher in. If my project is good then I'm pretty sure I'll get at least a C but I really need an A.

Should I learn stuff from the book, learn off notes from my revision book/the physicsteacher.ie or should I practice exam papers?
    Get notes on a particular chapter ... and do all questions on the past papers refering to that chapter, do with or without the notes. Do that for most of the chapters, and you should be fine!

"Work hard. Win easy." ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Coyg2210

Guys does anyone know if they give you a formula and tables book from the very start of science like in maths paper 1 and 2 or do you have to ask for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

*highfive* Science is the best!

High five again! I love science!

I might just read this encyclopedia I have on the Human Body and use lots of big terms for those questions in biology :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

No you will probably have to ask for a formula and tables book, goodluck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Can anyone help me with the science experiment folder?
    I just read somewhere on a 2009 JC boards thread that you only need to have 24 experiments written up?! I have 45 done but I haven't finished all of my study on habitat booklet.. do you think I'd be safe leaving half of that experiment unfinished and studying instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Its some of ye have bad science teachers? I have one of those, trying to learn physics now but it isn't sinking in :L Hoping for a B at least, I don't know maybe it won't be so bad.... *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

I don't mind science exams, but I haven't opened my science book in a while, so I think I've forgotten most of the stuff I studied. Will revise for a while tonight and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

I hope the s**t about the plants comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ajguy97

Man im so nervous about the experiments :L i find them so hard

What's the difference between the xylem and phloem?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

The xylem transports Oxygen, the phloem transports food. ""X""ylem - O""X""ygen, "ph"loem - "f"ood.

The xylem transports Oxygen, the phloem transports food. ""X""ylem - O""X""ygen, "ph"loem - "f"ood.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Thank you!!

Technically the xylem transfer water and minerals . This would be a better answer than oxygen.even though water does consist of oxygen it's not 100 percent correct.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Technically the xylem transfer water and minerals . This would be a better answer than oxygen.even though water does consist of oxygen it's not 100 percent correct.

Okay! Thanks to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Marking schemes for science always have oxygen when asking about the Xylem, our teacher just told us to remember that way, although you're perfectly correct and more accurate than me, so thanks for the correction. =P

Advertisement