Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 French Papers Wed. June 12th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options
  • 12-06-2013 8:41am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

French OL & HL
    Wednesday June 12th 2013

All discussion and questions about the French papers goes here, following the exam.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Higher level paper was quite easy, the only challenge was the writing section, was expecting to get demolished on the comprehensions & listening, would expect to only lose a few marks on the comprehension & listening, the writing on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Listening and reading were so much easier than I thought they would be :D the letter though was much more difficult than I thought it would be :( I reckon I might have just got a low a, although I might be pushed down to a B because of the bell curve. I was happy with the paper though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

i liked the paper got stuck a bit on comprehensions and like 2 on the listening.... the f*ucking plant smelled like meat? like seriously? Probably lose a few marks in writing but expecting an overall a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

What came up in the written? Note?

i liked the paper got stuck a bit on comprehensions and like 2 on the listening.... the f*ucking plant smelled like meat? like seriously? Probably lose a few marks in writing but expecting an overall a

Ya my friend who is fluent in french told me about the plant afterwards and I was so annoyed, lol. I doubt hardly anyone got that, haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

juniorcert wrote: »
    Ya my friend who is fluent in french told me about the plant afterwards and I was so annoyed, lol. I doubt hardly anyone got that, haha.

I did :P

Jijsaw wrote: »

Your guaranteed an A then I'd say if you managed to get that. I didn't have a clue so I just said it was the only plant of that species there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I said it smelled nice, do you think I'll get any marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stephlumo

the french letter was definitely the hardest over the past few years for me.. there was so many different things to write :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzana

I actually wrote that the plant smelled like meat I thought I was mad writing it down!

but the letter was difficult I thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Couldn't get that question, so I said it had a unique fragrance. Close enough I guess. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

I said the plant eats meat :)

I said the plant eats meat :)

it said 'parfum' so I think it might have been smell?

juniorcert wrote: »

i said it's smell and like 2 minutes before i handed it up i wrote like meat because i heard it but i thought that i was imagining ;P gambled in the end

Jijsaw wrote: »

have five to us we got it :P

aw :( I'd say they will probably change the marking scheme for that if lots of people got it wrong!
    It was a gamble for me too, I hated the letter so much >:(

emzana wrote: »
    aw :( I'd say they will probably change the marking scheme for that if lots of people got it wrong!
    It was a gamble for me too, I hated the letter so much >:(

everything i learned didnt come up, luckily i knew my verbs and surprisingly overall i got stuck on 5 questions in the comprehensions that i made a guess on :L

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

emzana wrote: »
    it said 'parfum' so I think it might have been smell?

Probably.. I only heard viande because I got a f**king nosebleed in the middle of it so i put the first thing that came into my head :DD

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

listening would have been much easier if it wasnt too loud but it had to be so everyone else could hear, reading was too easy, the note kinda surprised me but i had a feeling.

listening would have been much easier if it wasnt too loud but it had to be so everyone else could hear, reading was too easy, the note kinda surprised me but i had a feeling.

is there any things that you have to do for a note like layout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

is there any things that you have to do for a note like layout?

Yeh, you have to write the time and then continue on as you would with a postcard but shorter and quicker to the point.

Yeh, you have to write the time and then continue on as you would with a postcard but shorter and quicker to the point.

oh **** i didnt right the time i just put madame dubert and wrote a note :L cause i didnt leave the house or ne thing i was just giving it to her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

I found section e of the listening impossible! I thought reading comprehensions and letter were simple though!! Although I wasn't sure of school bag so I said sac d'école is this right?

I found section e of the listening impossible! I thought reading comprehensions and letter were simple though!! Although I wasn't sure of school bag so I said sac d'école is this right?

it's as cartable i think

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

Listening was good except for one or two questions from part A-B and a lot of part E was tough. The reading was also okay except for the last 2/3 which got a good bit harder. The note was okay also but the letter was difficult. Would be delighted with an A :) But I think I got a high B!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

The letter and postcard was pretty hard and reading comp was easy enough and since y'all takin abbout the odd plant I will say I wrote own that it looks like a lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

I was quite frustrated with the exam because I've been finding French ridiculously easy (finished the exam papers before Christmas and the teacher put me working ahead on my own). I got 94% in the Mocks and think I got around that but it wasn't an enjoyable paper, in my opinion!

I didn't like Section E because of that goddamn flower! I should've known, it was on the Simpsons!

The Reading was grand, nearly full marks in that one at least.

I really liked the letter, oddly enough. Even if it was a bit weird with the topic. And anyway, how are you supposed to have played a match when you only just moved to a new town? Oh well, who needs logic in a language? xD

I was quite frustrated with the exam because I've been finding French ridiculously easy (finished the exam papers before Christmas and the teacher put me working ahead on my own). I got 94% in the Mocks and think I got around that but it wasn't an enjoyable paper, in my opinion!

I didn't like Section E because of that goddamn flower! I should've known, it was on the Simpsons!

The Reading was grand, nearly full marks in that one at least.

I really liked the letter, oddly enough. Even if it was a bit weird with the topic. And anyway, how are you supposed to have played a match when you only just moved to a new town? Oh well, who needs logic in a language? xD

it could be in your old town and you came back. I just said j'ai joue au foot
    Then I said j'ai gagne... i got caught out never came up across those :L

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Trait

I think I did pretty well in listening and comprehensions, can never write letters though..
    Think I got a D grade in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

LawdyLad wrote: »
    Listening was good except for one or two questions from part A-B and a lot of part E was tough. The reading was also okay except for the last 2/3 which got a good bit harder. The note was okay also but the letter was difficult. Would be delighted with an A :) But I think I got a high B!

preach

i was really disappointed with my letter ugh

Advertisement