Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 History Papers Wed. June 12th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options
  • 12-06-2013 8:43am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

History OL & HL
    Wednesday June 12th 2013

All discussion and questions about the History papers goes here, following the exam.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Gonna study for this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Just finished HISTORY! :D I finished 30minutes early... I know that doesn't sound good if i'm going for an A, but I had a panic attack at the start:o
    My opinions:

-The short questions were slightly more "complex/techniqical" if you know what I mean, you had to write more and have a wider knowledge on the 2nd year course (yes, i'm looking at you American revolution!). I've managed to get at least 10 right for sure.

-The documents were very easy, except I couldn't answer the "Mention two terms of the Anglo-Irish treaty 1921?" question because my teacher didn't bother covering Irish history in 20th century. However, I wrote "Ireland to be a republic state" and "Ireland to have its own parlament". Are they right? :o

-The people in history were amazing, my teacher's predictions came true! :D I've managed to write 2 pages for each People in History.

-The sources were dodgy in my opinion. But I think I've got full marks in it as I've answered everything and mentioned the facts. Good thing the plantations came up! :D

-Now, here is where the panicing started. ANCIENT CIV OUTSIDE IRELAND CAME UP for Q6 A!!!:confused: £@#% SAKE! I wrote about the Romans ... I still remembered everything. I flew pass the housing paragraph but burial was a bit tricky, eitherwise, i'm managed to write 6-8 real facts for each :). I almost cried though :o.

The international relations was amazing! I've wrote loads of pages filled with sweet facts that get to the point :), aced that one! :D

-The pictures section was easy, no hassle :D.

Overall, it was a nice paper, probably the best paper in the last three years. I've had a panic attack at the start, i've straight away looked at section 6 A to see if reformation or reniassance came up, but my heart skipped five beats because it was something I didn't prepare! :mad: I worried that I wouldn't finish in time because I had to remember everything about the Romans, so I quickly wrote in symbol writing and finished the exam 30mins early. I had one page on the exam booklet left ...

I hope you boardsies did good! I'm reliefed that I can now forget everything i've learnt in the past three years as it's a 50/50 for me doing history in the leaving :). TIME FOR A BREAK! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

LUTHER AND COLUMBUS CAME UP, WAYYYYYYY!
    Overall a lovely paper :D Hoping for an A

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Loved that paper so much! I had done Luther and Columbus for the pres and got full marks, so over the moon when they came up :D For q.6 I did C political developments and D international developments, loved them :) So much easier than I was expecting, thank God :D

juniorcert wrote: »
    Loved that paper so much! I had done Luther and Columbus for the pres and got full marks, so over the moon when they came up :D For q.6 I did C political developments and D international developments, loved them :) So much easier than I was expecting, thank God :D

I did three from q.6 because I had an extra 40 minutes and it I'd have to walk home and it was pouring down with rain :P I did Romans, Changes since 1945 (or whatever) and International Developments a.k.a the world war 2 chapter :P
    And the short questions were strange, I think, you had to think about them more but I'm about 98% sure I got 10+ right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I did three from q.6 because I had an extra 40 minutes and it I'd have to walk home and it was pouring down with rain :P I did Romans, Changes since 1945 (or whatever) and International Developments a.k.a the world war 2 chapter :P
    And the short questions were strange, I think, you had to think about them more but I'm about 98% sure I got 10+ right

Ya it started lashing towards the end for us too but I didn't have time or motivation to do another long q so I just sat there, haha. And ya the short q were a bit weird alright, not like the usual ones but I definitely got 10 right :)

It wasn't raining here during the exam! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Think I developed proper wrestling biceps on my right arm from that exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Just finished HISTORY! :D I finished 30minutes early... I know that doesn't sound good if i'm going for an A, but I had a panic attack at the start:o
    My opinions:

-The short questions were slightly more "complex/techniqical" if you know what I mean, you had to write more and have a wider knowledge on the 2nd year course (yes, i'm looking at you American revolution!). I've managed to get at least 10 right for sure.

-The documents were very easy, except I couldn't answer the "Mention two terms of the Anglo-Irish treaty 1921?" question because my teacher didn't bother covering Irish history in 20th century. However, I wrote "Ireland to be a republic state" and "Ireland to have its own parlament". Are they right? :o

-The people in history were amazing, my teacher's predictions came true! :D I've managed to write 2 pages for each People in History.

-The sources were dodgy in my opinion. But I think I've got full marks in it as I've answered everything and mentioned the facts. Good thing the plantations came up! :D

-Now, here is where the panicing started. ANCIENT CIV OUTSIDE IRELAND CAME UP for Q6 A!!!:confused: £@#% SAKE! I wrote about the Romans ... I still remembered everything. I flew pass the housing paragraph but burial was a bit tricky, eitherwise, i'm managed to write 6-8 real facts for each :). I almost cried though :o.

The international relations was amazing! I've wrote loads of pages filled with sweet facts that get to the point :), aced that one! :D

-The pictures section was easy, no hassle :D.

Overall, it was a nice paper, probably the best paper in the last three years. I've had a panic attack at the start, i've straight away looked at section 6 A to see if reformation or reniassance came up, but my heart skipped five beats because it was something I didn't prepare! :mad: I worried that I wouldn't finish in time because I had to remember everything about the Romans, so I quickly wrote in symbol writing and finished the exam 30mins early. I had one page on the exam booklet left ...

I hope you boardsies did good! I'm reliefed that I can now forget everything i've learnt in the past three years as it's a 50/50 for me doing history in the leaving :). TIME FOR A BREAK! :D

I love you so much for putting up those predictions last night, you probably got me an A :O

OisinLAD wrote: »
    I love you so much for putting up those predictions last night, you probably got me an A :O
    <3 Good!

• Advertisement

SHIFT! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SuperMattDude

amazing paper thanks to whoever it was that put up all those predictions hopefully i got an a :D

SHIFT! :P

Already have..

:L if you guys see the papers up let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

That was easy. I'm starting to think the SEC likes us.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

I just want to say thank you SEC for such a nice paper!!

I wasn't banking on doing Irish history on Q6 (although I wanted to) because my teacher didn't cover the whole section with us, and in the end I couldn't do it because we hadn't covered The Shannon Scheme or Mother and Child Scheme and I although I did look up the accounts, didn't know them well enough. Did 6A and 6D which were pretty easy, although some of the short Q'S in 6A I wasn't sure of..?

We also didn't do anything from Jack Lynch's period but the Q was only a 2 marker so thats fine.

In the mocks I got 80%, and I did much better today so I am hoping for an A..!

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    That was easy. I'm starting to think the SEC likes us.

Or their tricking us and we'll all get NG's :O

claryfray wrote: »
    I just want to say thank you SEC for such a nice paper!!

I wasn't banking on doing Irish history on Q6 (although I wanted to) because my teacher didn't cover the whole section with us, and in the end I couldn't do it because we hadn't covered The Shannon Scheme or Mother and Child Scheme and I although I did look up the accounts, didn't know them well enough. Did 6A and 6D which were pretty easy, although some of the short Q'S in 6A I wasn't sure of..?

We also didn't do anything from Jack Lynch's period but the Q was only a 2 marker so thats fine.

In the mocks I got 80%, and I did much better today so I am hoping for an A..!
    What civ did you do for Q 6 A?

What civ did you do for Q 6 A?

Ancient Rome :)

Or their tricking us and we'll all get NG's :O

Man, that'd be a bummer.

claryfray wrote: »
    Ancient Rome :)

Same here.

• Advertisement

Same here.

+3

Same here.
    If you did burial, what did you write? XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Same here.

I wrote down the Roman Empire, would it be accepted as Ancient Rome?

What did you people write down for ii) burial? If you did the Romans :p.

If you did burial, what did you write? XD

I didn't do burial.

And, @green: Of course, there was only the one Roman Empire, anyway.

I wrote down the Roman Empire, would it be accepted as Ancient Rome?

I would expect so..:)

Same here.

We studied Ancient Greece in school, and I thought that I couldn't pick Q6 (a) because the first question was like name a leader/ruler and greece was a democracy :/ But apparently I could have and It was only 2 marks :/ Instead I did Q6 (c) and my account and the mother and child thing was terrible :(

Hoping I get the A from everything else :L I'd hate to have gotten an A in the Mock and then drop to a B :/

We studied Ancient Greece in school, and I thought that I couldn't pick Q6 (a) because the first question was like name a leader/ruler and greece was a democracy :/ But apparently I could have and It was only 2 marks :/ Instead I did Q6 (c) and my account and the mother and child thing was terrible :(

Hoping I get the A from everything else :L I'd hate to have gotten an A in the Mock and then drop to a B :/

I said Julius Caesar for mah Rome :L

I did Q6 (c), easiest thing ever. Couldn't have asked for better.

I did Housing and Family Life. For housing I wrote about the domus, villa and insulae. I THINK I got 8 SRS...hopefully :P For Family Life I wrote about the father's role and mothers role in the family, the education of the children, what they wore, what they ate and I said they went to the baths every day :P I got a load of facts down here but I am not sure how many are going to be taken as 'significant' to family life...I mean its a pretty broad heading..:L

• Advertisement

I said Julius Caesar for mah Rome :L

I did Q6 (c), easiest thing ever. Couldn't have asked for better.

Yeah well for me it was graaand until the mother and child scheme :/

Advertisement