Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 History Papers Wed. June 12th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I said Julius Caesar for mah Rome :L

I did Q6 (c), easiest thing ever. Couldn't have asked for better.

Emperor Constantine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I said Julius Caesar for mah Rome :L

I did Q6 (c), easiest thing ever. Couldn't have asked for better.
    I wrote Julius Caesar too!

What did you write down for their achievements? I wrote a little about Romanesque architecture and then said frescoes :L

And what did you write for how evidence was found about the civilization or something? I wrote ruins of ancient rome eg. Colosseum and I think i wrote down documents of people accounting seeing the Gladiator Fights or some crap like that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

OisinLAD wrote: »
    Yeah well for me it was graaand until the mother and child scheme :/
    Weirdly enough the Mother and Child scheme was the last thing I looked over at half one; must be psychic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

claryfray wrote: »

What did you write down for their achievements? I wrote a little about Romanesque architecture and then said frescoes :L

And what did you write for how evidence was found about the civilization or something? I wrote ruins of ancient rome eg. Colosseum and I think i wrote down documents of people accounting seeing the Gladiator Fights or some crap like that :P

The Aqueducts and the architecture.
    I wrote about the ruins and the city of Pompeii

I said the calender, roads and architecture.

For evidence i said Pompeii and I think something about art or ruins :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I wrote for achievements:
    -Conquered most of europe at the height of the empire.
    -Conquered several middle-eastern countries such as Palastine.

I wrote for evidence:
    -The Gauls kept records of the presence of the Roman Legion
    -Pompei is a roman city preserved under a layer of ash from the eruption of vesuvius.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Aqueducts and infrastructure.

I said artefacts like Pottery, Coins, Jewellery etc. and documents written by writers such as Tacitus.

Yeah thanks guys! I was going to write down Pompeii but I thought it was too similar to Colosseum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SeanIAm

I wrote Constintine ( or something equally as wrong), do you think I'll still get the marks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SeanIAm wrote: »
    I wrote Constintine ( or something equally as wrong), do you think I'll still get the marks?

Yes it is not a spelling test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

amazing paper hoping for a way, really wanted to do irish history as a 3rd option after i was finished the others but didnt have time i didnt like the plantation question cause i didnt study for that but i wrote 4 pages for people in history total :P im happy

spurious wrote: »
    Yes it is not a spelling test.

Ha ha when we were doing The Cuban Missile Crisis everyone was looking at Khrushchev like..:O And my teacher was like 'If you get the K at the beginning and the v at the end you'll be fine' :P

i knew the irish history so well, so badly wanted to do it :( i knew every single thing about mother and child :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Emperor Nero is best emperor..... except that time when he burned rome down..

That was fine, hoping for an A. The account for Q5 didn't suit me much but overall I don't think I lost 27 marks :)

Emperor Nero is best emperor..... except that time when he burned rome down..

That was fine, hoping for an A. The account for Q5 didn't suit me much but overall I don't think I lost 27 marks :)

your like me :D

amazing paper hoping for a way, really wanted to do irish history as a 3rd option after i was finished the others but didnt have time i didnt like the plantation question cause i didnt study for that but i wrote 4 pages for people in history total :P im happy

Same, I wanted to do International Relations for a third long q, but didn't have time. I sort of crucified myself cause I wrote 8 and a bit pages for P.I.H, was so happy that Luther and Columbus came up, would have preferred an artist but oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

Same, I wanted to do International Relations for a third long q, but didn't have time. I sort of crucified myself cause I wrote 8 and a bit pages for P.I.H, was so happy that Luther and Columbus came up, would have preferred an artist but oh well!
    8 pages??? What?? I did a page on a bit on each :/

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

A page and a bit on each is perfect. There's no need for more once you have your facts to get your marks.

Yeah, its a problem of mine!

Yeah, its a problem of mine!

i had to cut out half of wat i wanted to write cause time -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 laurarxo

note to self: do not study just the predictions that your teacher gave you:)

that was a nightmare paper for me! for section 5 our teacher was 100% sure that the revolutions would come up! so I learnt the revolutions inside out and upside down. i barely touched on the plantations.

for section 6 (A) she was sure that the renaissance would come up. so what did I do? study the renaissance, Middle Ages and industrial revolution, just to be sure. Luckily I had very good knowledge of burial customs and housing so I hopefully did ok.

Part (c) and (D) though. oh dear. for part (c) she was sure that the accounts would be cumann na ngaedheal, Fianna Fáil and The Emergency. Nothing came up that I could do except the Economic War, I waffled my way through the mother and child scheme. For part (D), she said Rise of Mussolini, rise of hitler, Cold War case study, the invasion of France and the Nazis&Jews. None of these came up and I wasn't too sure on the accounts that I could get an A, so I just did (A) and (C). our school doesn't do social
    change, and I regret not studying it because I would have aced it!

The people in history's were fine, even though the only one we were told that would come up that actually came up was Luther and ECI monk. I did Luther and the news reporter during the Korean War, so that was fine.

I loved the short questions and Im
    sure I got atleast 15 right:D pictures and
    documents were fine but I was a bit unsure on the T.Q's....

I'm still hoping to get an A but I'll probably get a B...

i had to cut out half of wat i wanted to write cause time -.-

Yup, such a bummer! -.- That's why I'd love to be doing the continuous assessment junior cert, then we would have to do essays and stuff outside exams! I just get frustrated when I don't have enough time to get all the information inside my head down on the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

That was an amazing paper! I studied Christopher Columbus/Martin Luther before I went into the exam woop woop :) Got ten short q's right, I was grand on Q5 the Plantations. I aced social changes as I revised it the night before and this morning, I quickly went over political developments this morning, I knew most of the political development q's to me as they were mainly common sense,I think I fellow down on that though cause I had to write about an economic war, but I think I got an A for sure.. if I don't, I'd be very dissappointed, oh the documents/pictures were easy.. there must be a reason for it being so easy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Damn i spelled Pompeii as Pompoa LMFAO -facepalm- what's wrong with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I did Housing and Family Life. For housing I wrote about the domus, villa and insulae. I THINK I got 8 SRS...hopefully :P For Family Life I wrote about the father's role and mothers role in the family, the education of the children, what they wore, what they ate and I said they went to the baths every day :P I got a load of facts down here but I am not sure how many are going to be taken as 'significant' to family life...I mean its a pretty broad heading..:L

I didn't cover political developments with my teacher as I said, I learned it in my own time. I did social change but learned it in my own time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mr person

For the Romans question do the primary sources have to be specific items places etc. or can you just write artefacts such as pottery and ancient manuscripts.

mr person wrote: »
    For the Romans question do the primary sources have to be specific items places etc. or can you just write artefacts such as pottery and ancient manuscripts.

i did like you artefacts and then i said ruins of pompeii :L

I didn't cover political developments with my teacher as I said, I learned it in my own time. I did social change but learned it in my own time too.

Yeah I tried to learn Political Developments but started too late (I kept waiting for him to cover it..he never even acknowledged that we skipped it? ) and didn't get it all done.
    He told us he wasn't doing Social Change because students tend to answer it badly so I didn't bother doing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

What a paper! Everything was great. Document and pictures were reasonable and I definitely got 10 of the S.Qs and the essays were predictable and ones I know well (Luther and Columbus I did, I know monk well aswell). Question 5 I knew a few SRS-worthy facts but I dunno if I got full marks. Same with Question 6 where I did 6B and 6D. Overall, I think I got an A and I'm delighted with the whole thing. Now on to science :D

Advertisement