Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 History Papers Wed. June 12th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

You get 2 marks per point therefore it is 4 per each and 8 in total....

Oh sorry misunderstood what you were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Em_Yayy

Are dates important? My history teacher put no emphasis on dates when she taught us so I learnt very few, infact the only one I remember using today was 1492 in my Columbus pih.

Will I get severely marked down for this? I used no dates in the mocks either and still got the A but i'm worrying now that it may just have been that corrector?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Trait

Em_Yayy wrote: »
    Are dates important? My history teacher put no emphasis on dates when she taught us so I learnt very few, infact the only one I remember using today was 1492 in my Columbus pih.

Will I get severely marked down for this? I used no dates in the mocks either and still got the A but i'm worrying now that it may just have been that corrector?

Not severely but you will lose some marks

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Em_Yayy wrote: »

Nope, dates don't matter. Include them? Awesome. Didn't? No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Nope, dates don't matter. Include them? Awesome. Didn't? No worries.

as spurious says :P

• Advertisement

as spurious says :P

I was going to "As spurious says..." yada yada. But I would have to go check exactly what spurious said to ensure I quote correctly :L

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I was going to "As spurious says..." yada yada. But I would have to go check exactly what spurious said to ensure I quote correctly :L

lol :P Excited for science? i studied this crap 3 months ago and i forgot it going to cram at midnight might come back

lol :P Excited for science? i studied this crap 3 months ago and i forgot it going to cram at midnight might come back

No, I'm neither excited nor nervous. More pissed off, really, I've tried to learn this crap but it isn't happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Time to cram for science.. I'm so nervous :/ Its one of the hardest subjects for me but if I learn off the facts, I should be grand :p

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Would mentioning the fact that Vichy France had controlled the Southern half of France (and explained what it was) and that Nazi Germany controlled the Northern half in an essay about the D-Day landings get a mark or two? I know it's not directly related but it was something I knew so I thought I might as well say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I am going to do terrible in science...I might just cram tomorrow morning except I don't know where to begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Plants/Circultatory System/Digestive System/Foods/What an element is/What an atom is/What the PH Scale is/Experiments [learn as many as you can, if one you learn comes up you're guranteed marks]/How to balance an equation etc.

I recommend going to this siteh ttp://www.juniorcertscience.com. It has very good and concise notes buddy,

Goodluck with your science exam, don't get too bogged down :) Alot of science is common sense and logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Em_Yayy

Would mentioning the fact that Vichy France had controlled the Southern half of France (and explained what it was) and that Nazi Germany controlled the Northern half in an essay about the D-Day landings get a mark or two? I know it's not directly related but it was something I knew so I thought I might as well say it.

Our history teacher told us that you're allowed marks on one point of background information in an essay, but after that it has to be directly related, so I'd say you got the marks for it :)

Advertisement