Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I wish my ex a Happy birthday

• 12-06-2013 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭

In all my life's problems I like to consult After Hours, for the sheer insight that you guys offer.

Should I text happy Birthday to my ex Girlfriend.

My feelings to her most of the time is that she was a cheating money grabbing Bit*h. The odd time I miss her.

The Advantages, might lead her into thinking that I still like her and crave her and therefore get an auld ride off her in the future.

The Disadvantages, she might think she has another chance off playing me.

Come on After hours hit me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

To quote Dionne Warwick, "Walk on by".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah, but in a kind of 'I'm better than you' way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

No, at best she'll think you're a sad needy loser, at worst a weirdo who won't move on with their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yes or maybe no, cant decide, funny really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Use something condescending to refer to her. So something along the lines of:

"Happy Birthday pet"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

How old is she? If it's getting towards a decade, like 30,40 etc., mention that.

"Happy Birthday X, nearly '40' now".

That should get her to cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

I hear you got the clap. Happy Birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Its only a one off text,what harm can come of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

If you were on good terms, I'd say go ahead.

But since it ended badly, No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I wouldn't. You might get back the dreaded "who's this?" Or have the text ignored altogether. Then she thinks she has the upper hand cause you're still thinking about her.

And fuck that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Time to move on mate forget it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The reaper draws ever closer. XXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

It's not the done thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

do, but tell her happy birthday a bit late, like two days late. That way it won't be so obvious that you keep thinking about her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

If you put your finger in a wasp's nest and it got stung would you do it again? She's your ex so leave it like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

6541 wrote: »
    My feelings to her most of the time is that she was a cheating money grabbing Bit*h.

Jeez, that's a toughie, what to do..................

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Is it really that difficult to get a ride that you would have to boost the ego of a cheating, money-grabbing ex on the off chance you may get some action?

Seriously?

Jockey Jamie Spencer was being interviewed after a race by his ex-wife, reporter Emma. At the end of the interview she said it was his birthday, so she wished him a Happy birthday. He replied "Thanks, but I'm still not as old as you" Best put down ever!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you're doing it for the possibility of a ride, go crash a birthday party in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

I had to comment here to offer the most insightful and lets be honest... best advice you will ever receive...

F U C K N O !

Now on the other hand... if you had asked should you get off with her sister or best friend... or both... then that would be a resounding Y E S...

There you have it... two pieces of amazing advice for the price of one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

One of my ex's birthdays happens to be a few days before my own birthday. We used be pretty close after it ended but not so much recently.... So I didn't bother texting her because I thought it was pretty much ended between us and we never see eachother or anything. It's funny because I even told my mates should I text her and they were like up to you but were more inclined for me to not bother. So I didn't bother anyway.... Then she text me wishing me "happy birthday! :D xxx". I was like oh fruck.... So I didn't reply. Feel terrible but I don't really care at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Eh I'm gonna advise no.

Definitely no.

So much no.

No no no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Sounds to me that your on the slippery road to...stalking..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

I just showed her this thread....she now knows you still think highly enough of her to entrust this decision with the oh so wise AH'ers...

On a serious note, you need to forget this girl like the Germans are trying to forget the holocaust.

And another thing, I cant remember my own girlfriends birthday at the best of times, **** knows I wouldn't be remembering no ex's...stop making me look bad

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In all my life's problems I like to consult After Hours, for the sheer insight that you guys offer.

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Texting is so impersonal. Hide in the bushes outside her house then jump out and surprise as she comes home. You should probably bring a knife with you as well as she'll probably have cake and you'll be the hero then when it comes to dividing it up.

On the day of her birthday , send her a text saying , "You were awsome last night, i have never had a connection with someone like this before."

Then follow up with the "oops Ignore" Text

THis will piss her off, but she then knows you are off limits which will make you more appealing so you might get that shag in the future.

Oh and spell her name wrong in the Ignore text .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Should you wish her a Happy Birthday after the cheating?? Allow this middle aged Hispanic maid to answer that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Why don't you text her from someone else's phone and when she asks who it is, you say 'it's Mary, my new girlfriends phone'.
    That'll learn her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ring up Joe Duffy.

But serious, don't text her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only if you bump in to her, otherwise no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Why risk picking the scab off a healing wound?.. Let her go f*ck herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

On the day of her birthday , send her a text saying , "You were awsome last night, i have never had a connection with someone like this before."

Then follow up with the "oops Ignore" Text

THis will piss her off, but she then knows you are off limits which will make you more appealing so you might get that shag in the future.

Oh and spell her name wrong in the Ignore text .

Don't do this. The "accidental text to the ex but meant to be for a new partner" is obvious as fcuk and just looks sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Prodigious wrote: »
    Use something condescending to refer to her. So something along the lines of:

"Happy Birthday pet"

It was my biirthday yesterday, some said that exact sentence to me on facebook. I thought she liked me, but she was actually being condescending? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

BlimpyBoy wrote: »
    Don't do this. The "accidental text to the ex but meant to be for a new partner" is obvious as fcuk and just looks sad.

Unless you start the text with...

"This is what I'm going to accidentally send to 'EX_NAME' ... teeheehee... do you think she'll care I'm with 'NEW_NAME' now?"...

And then send it to her... then it looks like you text her by accident while plotting to text her by accident... just be careful though... as only falling into a bathtub of water can return you to reality... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

Unless you start the text with...

"This is what I'm going to accidentally send to 'EX_NAME' ... teeheehee... do you think she'll care I'm with 'NEW_NAME' now?"...

And then send it to her... then it looks like you text her by accident while plotting to text her by accident... just be careful though... as only falling into a bathtub of water can return you to reality... ;)

Textception!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭michael.dublin

send a text saying happy birthday sexy..... and then 2 min later send her one more text saying soory i send this to the wrong person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You still want her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

some along the lines of

"still alive?................thats a pity. In that case - HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

My feelings to her most of the time is that she was a cheating money grabbing Bit*h. The odd time I miss her.

The Advantages, might lead her into thinking that I still like her and crave her and therefore get an auld ride off her in the future.

Kill her with kindness - send the text. you'll be the bigger man for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

no

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Why do even still have her number ? Move on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Should I text happy Birthday to [...] a cheating money grabbing Bit*h.

Hmmm. Tough one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

Plazaman wrote: »
    Texting is so impersonal. Hide in the bushes outside her house then jump out and surprise as she comes home. You should probably bring a knife with you as well as she'll probably have cake and you'll be the hero then when it comes to dividing it up.
    This x 1000, be the hero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Keno 92 wrote: »
    How old is she? If it's getting towards a decade, like 30,40 etc., mention that.

"Happy Birthday X, nearly '40' now".

That should get her to cry.

Sure You are right with the 'N' in now, and it shouldn't be a 'C'?? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

OK - more information required to give this the full consideration it deserves!

Ex what - wife? girlfriend?

How long ago did she become an ex.

Who ex'd who ?

How Long we're you Together.

Em. And what age is she ( & you )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

My feelings to her most of the time is that she was a cheating money grabbing Bit*h.
    OK - more information required to give this the full consideration it deserves!

Ex what - wife? girlfriend?

How long ago did she become an ex.

Who ex'd who ?

How Long we're you Together.

Em. And what age is she ( & you )

You missed two vital questions the OP should answer, how much did she do him for and how often used he do her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Use quotation marks. She won't know if you're being sarcastic or not. Use two full-stops too — not a full-stop or a 'dot dot dot'. So many unanswered questions! Will wreck her head.
    "Happy birthday.."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

One of my ex's was 5 years older than me, and I smsed her on her 30th birthday, just saying "happy 30th birthday", just to wind her up about her age. Petty I know, but she got me back by placing an ad which included my mobile number, on a gay website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

One of my ex's was 5 years older than me, and I smsed her on her 30th birthday, just saying "happy 30th birthday", just to wind her up about her age. Petty I know, but she got me back by placing an ad which included my mobile number, on a gay website.

Your Ex '1' - You '0'

• Advertisement
Advertisement