Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions Please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Get the one with the biggest luggage . . . So you can carry my luggage aswell !!:eek::eek:

All three are great bikes that will serve you well. Never drove a VFR so cant comment on that one.

Out of the other too the blackbird is probably smoother and better reliability.

However I have a soft spot for the looks of the sprint, the under seat exhaust is sweet. You also wont meet to many sprints around apart from that Mick fella.:D

All lovely bikes Wonda, there is none there that you wont be happy with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Tbh, I think if it were me I'd plump for ST. I like the colour, it is very new, as well.

I just can't warm to that generation of VFR at all - so it's down to the Blackbird or ST - and I reckon the ST is nicer.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

I would definitely be going for the VFR. I love that model. Single sided swingarm, underseat pipes, twin headlight and V4 with Vtec..all that and luggage too? What's not to like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Blackbird, lovely bike to ride, can be sporty or comfy depending on your mood, great value with lots of luggage potential.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

out of those, it'd be sprint for me - fantastic engine, and great styling imo. Not mad on the red though, but just me - think it looks better in the grey or black

blackbird is too big and heavy, and not a big fan of the vtec viffers. Servicing would worry me, as would the stop/start of the vtec. Bit boring too - just my perception though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Gl with your choice and i hope u gonna get something that will suit u best. VFR is nice big touring bike, i say the coolest looking.. I woudlnt mind having one, but said that Bbird with luggage and low milleage - u can go around the world on her. I cant say anything about triumph tho.

All the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

VFR all the way it's the only decent looking bike with all the panniers attached. The black bird is showing it's age and if i were getting a triumph it'd have to be a striple serious grin factor in one of those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Out of them 3 id go with the Triumph

Really like the looks of that one and the red is lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thanx for the taughts lads.

Its a head wrecker TBH, only other viable option is a Triumph Tiger 1050SE which are like chickens teeth and pricey. I can only fond good ones in the UK with the luggage so thats more expense on top of the bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

VFR would do it for me.Serious amount of luggage can be strapped onto them....dont forget tank bag aswell.

Would be the comfiest too...for those long journeys.I had 1 for a weeks use back in 2007,and it was a joy to ride.

I rekon that 6000 euro cash waving in front of the owner would get you the bike.

Then put the other 500 euro towards panniers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 nigs

Let me know what you think.....throw up any other viable options. Insurance all all 3 are roughly the same give or take.....[/QUOTE]

i could get you a deal on 1 of these.. vintage insurance would cost feck all

stoneagebike_zpse6779183.jpg

but seriously i got a good look at micks on sunday, and that thing can move. and it looks the part aswell.......

Looking at 2 together tomorrow (sprint/Bird) as I know how the VFR is, servicing on the Viffer is meant to be a nightmare with the VTEC. Valve clearances every 20,000 miles or so and that costs so I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Going on looks the Triumph wins it for me:)

Looks would not be the top of the agenda tbh, but they are all nice to look at. I see how we go, you get a feeling for a bike when you see it and ride it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Being a scooterist (who likes a bargain bike mind you), I'd also go with the Triumph Sprint 'cos it's up the years and low in mileage. And you should get it a bit cheaper if you bargain hard. And Triumph have an outlet in Dublin too. The Blackbird is too heavy for traffic realistically unless you are a maniac filterer...

Best of luck anyway with whichever bike you get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Servicing on the VFR would the most expensive of the 3 I'd have thought. And, if, you ever need to do the exhaust on it, that would be the most expensive too. Nothing wrong with it as a bike, mind, but I think the oomph of the Triumph would be better suited to touring etc than the VFR.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Gary, tell them about the lovely bike you got last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Gary, tell them about the lovely bike you got last night.

He's probably out on it since lol

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    He's probably out on it since lol

His new hobby is washing his bike :D:D

Ahh picked up a owl' run around last night.....will get a few pics of it later if it doesnt crack the lens.

What a spin home last night at 12am, FOOK ME it was like a dream!

Thanx to my mobile mechanic Lookbehindyou for the hospitality and recording my 1st voyage on the Red Rocket!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ahh picked up a owl' run around last night.....will get a few pics of it later if it doesnt crack the lens.

What a spin home last night at 12am, FOOK ME it was like a dream!

Thanx to my mobile mechanic Lookbehindyou for the hospitality and recording my 1st voyage on the Red Rocket!

Best of luck with her Gary!
    Fair play too mick always willing too help out a biker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Best I look with it Gary!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Gl Gary hope to see u out there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

class machine best of luck with her Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

great stuff - many happy miles :)

Thanx for all the well wishes lads....the amount of people who have got a new bike in the last 2mths is mental and thats just from the boards circle.

Sean CB600F - VFR 800
    Wonda FZ6 - Sprint ST
    Leppla SV650 - CBR600
    Hornswoggle SV650 - CBR600
    Dave CB600F - Pan European
    Noel got a new Bandit 600

And Blu3 currently has his FZ6 up for sale....so exciting times all round. Have a nice road trip to cork tomorrow morning at have to be in Kildare @ 6am so it will be an early start and a nice test for the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Well wear Gary!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thanx for all the well wishes lads....the amount of people who have got a new bike in the last 2mths is mental and thats just from the boards circle.

Sean CB600F - VFR 800
    Wonda FZ6 - Sprint ST
    Leppla SV650 - CBR600
    Hornswoggle SV650 - CBR600
    Dave CB600F - Pan European
    Noel got a new Bandit 600

And Blu3 currently has his FZ6 up for sale....so exciting times all round. Have a nice road trip to cork tomorrow morning at have to be in Kildare @ 6am so it will be an early start and a nice test for the bike.

The roads are as greasy as hell out there today with the rain.Road surfaces are very slick indeed.

I just saw the mother of all near misses up at Artane Roundabout between a 06 blade and a yellow Mini Cooper.

Chap on the blade lost the front end of his bike,got it back,then his back end went on him,he went through the roundabout,and somehow he managed to avoid the Mini by centimeters.

I walked over to see if he was allright,and he was white as a ghost and shaking like mad.

The lady in the Mini thought she had hit him and was shouting out loud...Oh my god Oh my God Ive hit him.

Myself and another wittness had to explain to her that she hadnt hit him at all,that he pulled over and got off the bike himself.

Both parties were badly shaken up and both hugged and consoled each other.:)

Be carefull out there folks.

Roads are wet,slick and dangerous too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Paddy, that Artane roundabout is always lethal, wet or dry.
    Coming from malahide direction towards city, there is a curve on the approach to the roundabout, so you only see the roundabout when you are leaned over. There is always oil/diesel on that section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Thanx for all the well wishes lads....

Wonda FZ6 - Sprint ST

You definitely won't go wrong with th Sprint. To be honest, all three are good solid bikes with plenty of poke so it's really a personal choice. I had a VFR 800 and recently changed to a Sprint ST1050 and love both of them. I have ridden mates blackbirds on the twisties and while there is nothing wrong with them, I just couldn't get comfortable.

You will love the Sprint, especially the trademark bubbling noise as you roll off the throttle...

So make with the pics.... and enjoy the racing in Cork today

Advertisement