Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions Please...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Best of luck with the new bike, she looks great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Paddy, that Artane roundabout is always lethal, wet or dry.
    Coming from malahide direction towards city, there is a curve on the approach to the roundabout, so you only see the roundabout when you are leaned over. There is always oil/diesel on that section.

It was a much better and more free flowing roundabout and intersection in the old days when it was 1 very large roundabout and not the fcuk up of a little thing they created now.:(:rolleyes:

Oh and the biker on the blade was comming up the Malahide road heading towards Coolock.

I heard the bike comming,happened to look around and then saw him all over the place and watched the mother of all near misses happen right beside me,as I had just crossed the road at the traffic lights.

Both the rider and the car driver were badly shaken up by what happened.

But thankfully no impact and no injuries for either party.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

@ Wonda-Boy.

Best of luck with the Sprint ST.

Many happy years of riding it/enjoying too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Well wear!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thanx again lads.....had an epic blast down to cork in the pissing rain. But bike was faultless and planted superbly on the wet road with the new PR3's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Congrats on the new bike Gary, what did ya get??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

hint: check the post #34

I got a Triumph Sprint 1050ST Graham, none of them HOOOLIGAN boikes for me mate. Them GSXRs are so 2012!!!!!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

When you out for a spin GRANDAD, leave some demon drink for the rest of the crew over the northside will ya and get up outta bed and ride that bike.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I got a Triumph Sprint 1050ST Graham, none of them HOOOLIGAN boikes for me mate. Them GSXRs are so 2012!!!!!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

When you out for a spin GRANDAD, leave some demon drink for the rest of the crew over the northside will ya and get up outta bed and ride that bike.

Just seen the pics, lovely bike mate

:D Im off Thursday and Friday if ya fancy an aul spin??

Just seen the pics, lovely bike mate

:D Im off Thursday and Friday if ya fancy an aul spin??

Yeah, if a lad does not get back to me for a service on Thurs I deffo go for a blaast. Cant do friday unfortunately.....

• Advertisement

Yeah, if a lad does not get back to me for a service on Thurs I deffo go for a blaast. Cant do friday unfortunately.....

sounds like a plan, let me know anyway

Anyway lads as you know ended up with the Sprint ST.

nerw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Anyway lads as you know ended up with the Sprint ST.

nerw.jpg

Gorgeous, well wear.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nigs

lovely bike. . . . where is every1 getting the readies for these new bikes........... id love a shiny new bike. im just a jealous fecker though. well wear wonda, cant wait to see her out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

well wear. nice looking bus.

Thanx lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

The red looks great on that bike!

How are you finding it so far Gary???

Well I had a quick blast on some serious twisties yesterday with Leppla and Dorannoel and its a different beast altogether. Gonna have to take it handy for a bit to get used to the weight and bars feeling so low down even if they are not. It just turns in alot different with the lenght and the weight thats all. Obviously I cant hit the throttle as hard as the FZ6 either or my eyebrows will slide with the power.

Slowly Slowly Catchy Monkey as they say....

You must be finding it totally different on the GSXR aswell, how you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Looking forward to seeing her in the flesh it looks spotless

Im getting on good on the gsxr as you said just taking my time on her until im used to it, feeling more comfortable on her every time i go out which is a good thing:D

Got a new set of Battlax Bt 016's on her last week in Cotters and the difference they make is unbelievable, the old tyre was in bits

Having a small charging problem at the min think it could be the rectifier on the way out, seems to be a common fault with that particular model

Nothing worse so early on a new bike puts a dampner on it....but once its sorted you be flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

How am I only seeing this thread now? :confused:

That's a lovely clean example, only real criticism of the bike is that riders in the hot parts of the US don't appreciate the heat from the underseat pipe (should be nice for most of the year here though!) and the OEM panniers are on the small side and tend to leak. Some people have put a bead of black silicone around the seal to help with leaks.

There's a nice evolution of these bikes, from the first ones in '98 or so (definitely future classics), to the 955i's which sorted out a few niggles and added more power (my one), to the 1050s. No revolutionary changes between them because they got so much right the first time.

Best tyres on the ST are Avon Storms. Good luck :)

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement