Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Fiber disaster and poor customer service

Options
  • 12-06-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hello,
             I have been an eircom customer for 6 years. I was recently contacted by a sales rep to confirm I was eligible for Efiber at both 50 meg and 70 meg packages. I opted for the 50 meg package even though I was told I could avail of the 70 meg package on my line. Last week a technician came to the house and installed the new router. I tested the line that day and got 33 meg upload and was very happy with it. However every day since the speed has reduced. At present I'm getting 5 megs down. I'm only about 150 meters from the cab so I expected around the 30 meg line..To add to my frustrations I contacted customer service and was cut off twice and put on hold for 40 min twice.. I finally contacted accounts termination to ask if I was still within the 10 day cooling off period. Your rep put a note on my account to remove the 10 day period. Before I make the jump to another provider can you tell me why my speed has reduced so much considering my line is obviously capable of 33 meg? Why was I offer 70 meg package when I'm only able to get 33 meg which I don't even get now. Feel free to PM me for my account details
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2768433843.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

Why would the rep remove the 10 day cooling off period?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Why would the rep remove the 10 day cooling off period?
    Possibly because they wasted over an hour of my life on the phone.. Or that the box was installed past 10 days of availing of the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

If your only 150 meters from the cab, you should be getting over 40 mb down on the 50 package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello,
             I have been an eircom customer for 6 years. I was recently contacted by a sales rep to confirm I was eligible for Efiber at both 50 meg and 70 meg packages. I opted for the 50 meg package even though I was told I could avail of the 70 meg package on my line. Last week a technician came to the house and installed the new router. I tested the line that day and got 33 meg upload and was very happy with it. However every day since the speed has reduced. At present I'm getting 5 megs down. I'm only about 150 meters from the cab so I expected around the 30 meg line..To add to my frustrations I contacted customer service and was cut off twice and put on hold for 40 min twice.. I finally contacted accounts termination to ask if I was still within the 10 day cooling off period. Your rep put a note on my account to remove the 10 day period. Before I make the jump to another provider can you tell me why my speed has reduced so much considering my line is obviously capable of 33 meg? Why was I offer 70 meg package when I'm only able to get 33 meg which I don't even get now. Feel free to PM me for my account details
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2768433843.png

Hi lordstilton

From your post I can’t see any indication that you have contacted ourbroadband technical support team?

I understand you have contacted accounts but the best advice I canoffer is to contact eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260 (option 0) as I've discussed this with them and we agree that the speeds you are getting are quite slow and they have assured me that they will work to a resolution on this. I'm sorry I'm unable to help from here as efibre has recently launch we are unable to provide support and assistance to such efibre issues.

Regards

Al

Hi lordstilton

From your post I can’t see any indication that you have contacted ourbroadband technical support team?

I understand you have contacted accounts but the best advice I canoffer is to contact eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260 (option 0) as I've discussed this with them and we agree that the speeds you are getting are quite slow and they have assured me that they will work to a resolution on this. I'm sorry I'm unable to help from here as efibre has recently launch we are unable to provide support and assistance to such efibre issues.

Regards

Al
    I did contact you broadband support who put me on hold for 40 min first time.. I gave up and rang back and they did the exact same thing!! The excuse second time was there was a separate tech support for efiber.. I was put on hold while they transfered me and again ended up on hold for forty min.. It was then I rand account cancellation.. So there is no chance I'm going through this again and came here to see if you could help

• Advertisement

I did contact you broadband support who put me on hold for 40 min first time.. I gave up and rang back and they did the exact same thing!! The excuse second time was there was a separate tech support for efiber.. I was put on hold while they transfered me and again ended up on hold for forty min.. It was then I rand account cancellation.. So there is no chance I'm going through this again and came here to see if you could help

Hi lordstilton

I'm very sorry to hear this, As efibre is recently launch I'm unable to offer technical advice or support on this however if you could please contact broadband support on 1890260260 and after entering your phone number chose option 0 as this is a shortcut to an agent who will then put you through to an efibre support representative.

Due to efibre being a very new service there can be quite a large call volume at certain times. I understand waiting for technical support can be quite frustrating and I apologise for this.

Thanks

Al

Hi lordstilton

I'm very sorry to hear this, As efibre is recently launch I'm unable to offer technical advice or support on this however if you could please contact broadband support on 1890260260 and after entering your phone number chose option 0 as this is a shortcut to an agent who will then put you through to an efibre support representative.

Due to efibre being a very new service there can be quite a large call volume at certain times. I understand waiting for technical support can be quite frustrating and I apologise for this.

Thanks

Al
    Not a hope am I going through that again.. Vodafone it is so..

Not a hope am I going through that again.. Vodafone it is so..
    Hi lordstilton

If you would like to PM me your eircom account details and your mobile number I'll try to get a member of broadband technical support to contact you.

Al

Hi lordstilton

If you would like to PM me your eircom account details and your mobile number I'll try to get a member of broadband technical support to contact you.

Al

Sent

Sent
    DM sent in reply

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement