Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with helmet issues?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Just reading this the other day about illegal helmets in the US.

Aparently officials are checking gear in transition and removing items not bearing the US equivalent of the CE rating.

Is this taking road worthiness & gear checks too far? Has anyone here experienced anything similiar when racing in the US?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Just reading this the other day about illegal helmets in the US.

Aparently officials are checking gear in transition and removing items not bearing the US equivalent of the CE rating.

Is this taking road worthiness & gear checks too far? Has anyone here experienced anything similiar when racing in the US?

In Roth they check helmets for any damage. In particular Giro Advantage and Spesh helmets, they get cosmetic cracks along the ear flaps. Not allowed race with them. Hence me having two Advantage helmets - Irish one (with cracks) German one (without)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have pinched mine a couple of times while shifting around on the saddle.... oh, not that type.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

I guess the important point is that if you dont look after your helmet, you could find yourself in deep trouble.

My doctor says once I polish mine every day it will be grand.

Advertisement