Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone set up an account in my name?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I moved to a house 6 weeks ago, and the estate agent told me I need to take the bills into my own name.

When I went to the house, the landlord was there, and he suggested Airtricity, and as I had a current contract with them from my previous address, I simply continued to use their service.

Now, I received an email, with a bill from Electric Ireland today.

I did not setup an account with Electric Ireland.
    It turns out the estate agent did.

I did not authorize this.

I need a rep to clarify this. I will be pushing this matter if payment details have been provided, as this has not been authorized by me, so I would appreciate a very quick resolution to this matter.

Feel free to send me a PM and I will reply with details as required.

Regards,
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch. If you can private message me the Electric Ireland account number which is found on your bill, your full name, address and contact number then I will certainly look into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement