Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I think the only new bit of info was the fact that you take more "pushback" when being shot.

So, yup bring on the sharks. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the level 34 nerf was new, and huge, that pretty much changed challenging mode incursion completely

Info was out in the wild about the AI shotgunners getting a damage reduction.

Actually missed the Stashes in the DZ checkpoints, but that is only game changing from the point of view that you can empty it while getting ammo. I never really minded going off the BoO, emptying my stash and taking a 5 minute break.

invariably i'd find out my stash was full when i had stuff to extract. dropped it in the dz checkpoint the other night, legged it to the boo, emptied stash, then came back but it had all gone, one of your team has to stay in the checkpoint for it still to be there. so it's a pretty handy change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

nocal wrote: »
    Not really that exciting as promised last week.
    But then I guess they stole their own thunder by releasing the promo vid 2 days ago.

As an aside - why were you not on last night? :D

Ha, Getting some work done at home, the guy said he'll be working till 8 so decided to bring my daughter to the local for food and pints plus the Liverpool game :pac: . Lets get a squad together later for Incursion and DZ fun!? .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I never really minded going off the BoO, emptying my stash and taking a 5 minute break.

I fairness Cal when hight speed loot farming with 3 other high level dudes its a pain in the arse going out and back every 5-8 mins when the stash is full up,very annoying.

With the shotgun nerf I really dont mind that they hit like a mule they should do (maybe lower the range) what really annoys me is that you go down to knee with pretty much one shot no matter what HP you have 20K HP or 120K HP so you do not feel your hard grind and dedication to upping your characters gear is worth it. Its the inconsistency, imagine working your ass off and being able to take maybe 2-3 shots before going down that is a sense of achievement right there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just blasted out the incursion with a bunch of randoms at lunch time with their gear scores in the180s and 170s and they didn't have mics. I thought it was going to be a lost cause because doing the incursion with no communication is next to impossible but we did it :) without too much hassle. Only problem I have was the reward it was another vest. I have 4 gear set vests now and only one gear set items for all the other slots. How hard is it for massive to programme the game to see "well he has three decent vests already lets give him a set of good gloves"?? In order for you to make progress! I mean the next incursion requires a gs of 240 I think and that's coming out next week.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just blasted out the incursion with a bunch of randoms at lunch time with their gear scores in the180s and 170s and they didn't have mics. I thought it was going to be a lost cause because doing the incursion with no communication is next to impossible but we did it :) without too much hassle. Only problem I have was the reward it was another vest. I have 4 gear set vests now and only one gear set items for all the other slots. How hard is it for massive to programme the game to see "well he has three decent vests already lets give him a set of good gloves"?? In order for you to make progress! I mean the next incursion requires a gs of 240 I think and that's coming out next week.

Nah they said in a recent State of the Game that the 240 requirement mentioned on the map was wrong, it's going to be the same requirement as Falcon Lost. That still doesn't make up for crappy RNG though. :)

Hard mode doesn't drop gloves does it?

I'll be on later we can try farming FL or the DZ if you want to try and gear up.

Gloves drop at LLexington gave one of the UK guys we played with before a strikers set that dropped there for me on Tuesday.

mossym wrote: »
    Hard mode doesn't drop gloves does it?

I'll be on later we can try farming FL or the DZ if you want to try and gear up.

Gloves drop at LLexington gave one of the UK guys we played with before a strikers set that dropped there for me on Tuesday.

Didn't know specific missions dropped specific gear items I thought it was just random ah well. I have all greens but three are only gs190 just want the 214's at this stage and FL is the only place i think you can get them. Should be on later on as well cool.

On another note did anybody hear what that gs204 smg is like in the BoO. I have a need for a good gun and I have the bird coins for it at last.

• Advertisement

Do a search on youtube for breezypeazy, skill-up and arrekz . They all do reviews of the new gear on sale every week. I think they all said if you didn't have the 204 aug that this one was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Didn't know specific missions dropped specific gear items I thought it was just random ah well. I have all greens but three are only gs190 just want the 214's at this stage and FL is the only place i think you can get them. Should be on later on as well cool.

On another note did anybody hear what that gs204 smg is like in the BoO. I have a need for a good gun and I have the bird coins for it at last.

Yeah I want to know that too. I blew my wad on the 204 Assault Rifle there a week or two back but it's worse than useless. Even with all accuracy and stability mods it's still impossible to control. I'd say in a real situation and not in the range you'd be lucky to get 30/40% of the shots on target even close enough up. With my 4 strikers pieces that destroys my big boost so I still end up using my 163 AUG/

I'm probably about 150 PC's short of the amount needed but if it's worth buying them I'll farm them.

Man that Breazypeasy is a dose.

Still though, he basically said if you missed out on the 204 AUG (I did) then buy that 204 T821. Has a decent set of talents.

He has a unique style alright. I like it though, hes on twitch as well and not as eager when its not scripted. One of the sounder streamers.

Just hit the google machine and i read some meh reviews nothing really glowing about it. But I suppose if you don't have the Aug it's the next best thing. I might pull the trigger later on this one: gulp....

Just hit the google machine and i read some meh reviews nothing really glowing about it. But I suppose if you don't have the Aug it's the next best thing. I might pull the trigger later on this one: gulp....

It doesn't take awful long to add the PC's again so it's not the end of the world if it's crap./

Just doing the daily's along brings in 100 a day I think. 50 for the challenge, 20 each for the Hard's and 10 for the daily combat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jayop wrote: »
    It doesn't take awful long to add the PC's again so it's not the end of the world if it's crap./

Just doing the daily's along brings in 100 a day I think. 50 for the challenge, 20 each for the Hard's and 10 for the daily combat.

It's only 10 for the hard missions now, down from 15 before the daily combat reward started.

Spear wrote: »
    It's only 10 for the hard missions now, down from 15 before the daily combat reward started.

Ah right.

Even so you can farm lincoln on challenge. Only takes a few minutes with a good crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Anyone know what the Craic is with the I am law trophy. Do you actually have shoot them down or elbow them to counted as kills or if your in a group and someone else in the group kills him will it count. It's coming in the ubisoft site I've only killed two

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How hard is it for massive to programme the game to see "well he has three decent vests already lets give him a set of good gloves"?? In order for you to make progress!

They did that in Destiny too particularly before the first DLC (you'd have 4 gloves, 4 chests, no legs and they'd never give you legs). Me and my tinfoil hat think they do it on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jayop wrote: »
    Yeah I want to know that too. I blew my wad on the 204 Assault Rifle there a week or two back but it's worse than useless. Even with all accuracy and stability mods it's still impossible to control. I'd say in a real situation and not in the range you'd be lucky to get 30/40% of the shots on target even close enough up. With my 4 strikers pieces that destroys my big boost so I still end up using my 163 AUG

Once you lose the recoil on that gun it's impossible to get it back down. It's okish in CQ and I generally fire in bursts. I use it on my main but only for the gear score - do not like it.

Anyone know what the Craic is with the I am law trophy. Do you actually have shoot them down or elbow them to counted as kills or if your in a group and someone else in the group kills him will it count. It's coming in the ubisoft site I've only killed two

Shooting them down is only downing them and does not count. They have to be killed.
    Team kills will not count on your behalf.

If you are too far away from a downed player and someone else is running in to elbow them, keep shooting the downed player as you can get the kill that way.

Quick update bought the Police T821 and first impressions its quite good, very steady and stable you can keep on target very easily. Rate of fire isn't great but you are getting all bullets on target. I only had a gs183 Navy MP5 so I think it was worth it for me but if you have the Aug as peeps have mentioned here and other places they say dont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Quick update bought the Police T821 and first impressions its quite good, very steady and stable you can keep on target very easily. Rate of fire isn't great but you are getting all bullets on target. I only had a gs183 Navy MP5 so I think it was worth it for me but if you have the Aug as peeps have mentioned here and other places they say dont bother.

I did the same last night when I realised I had been at 1000 PxC.
    Haven't really gotten to try it yet, but my first impressions where that it was slightly worse than the Navy MP5 I had been using, but I'll see how it goes tonight.

Shooting them down is only downing them and does not count. They have to be killed.
    Team kills will not count on your behalf.

If you are too far away from a downed player and someone else is running in to elbow them, keep shooting the downed player as you can get the kill that way.

so if i get the elbow on them i get the kill?
    i elbowed about 6 rouges last night and think my stats only increased for one rouge kill

so if i get the elbow on them i get the kill?
    i elbowed about 6 rouges last night and think my stats only increased for one rouge kill

That explains the bit I was confused about - so I believe that if you down the rogue and they are subsequently killed then you get the kill. Killing a rogue that someone else has downed will not add to this figure.

That explains the bit I was confused about - so I believe that if you down the rogue and they are subsequently killed then you get the kill. Killing a rogue that someone else has downed will not add to this figure.

yeah that clears that up for me thanks. only have that trophy left to get and was wreaking my head. I'll be ages trying to kill the remaining 18 rogues :pac:

Must stop going into the dz solo, for the second night in a row I've got shot in the back literally. Only went in to knock off a quick challenge and things were going well with my new fancy smg so I went into the construction site and cleared it out solo easy enough. Then I look around and there is this dude looking at me, a bit of staring contest and I run off, new something was a bit dodgy when I heard footsteps behind me so i was half ready for it. So sure enough he shot me on the back as I was going down the stairs. Popped survivor link but still no use he had the drop in me. grrrrrrr Same thing the previous night shot in the back by a dude that pretended to be friendly at the extraction but the minute i was attaching the loot bang. What a coward.

I suppose that what makes the dz so tension filled you never know who is a wan**ker or not. I just need to be a bit more careful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Must stop going into the dz solo, for the second night in a row I've got shot in the back literally. Only went in to knock off a quick challenge and things were going well with my new fancy smg so I went into the construction site and cleared it out solo easy enough. Then I look around and there is this dude looking at me, a bit of staring contest and I run off, new something was a bit dodgy when I heard footsteps behind me so i was half ready for it. So sure enough he shot me on the back as I was going down the stairs. Popped survivor link but still no use he had the drop in me. grrrrrrr Same thing the previous night shot in the back by a dude that pretended to be friendly at the extraction but the minute i was attaching the loot bang. What a coward.

I suppose that what makes the dz so tension filled you never know who is a wan**ker or not. I just need to be a bit more careful

I've often had that when I used to run in solo. One time had a group of 2 following me, kept shooting at my feet trying to get me to go rouge on them. Ignored and just carried on. Eventually, they both annihilated me for my loot. Hope they enjoyed their purple scarf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Stopped playing a few weeks now is their much point playing it now or just wait till next week for the new patch?

Gear score is 198.

Advertisement