Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Stopped playing a few weeks now is their much point playing it now or just wait till next week for the new patch?

Gear score is 198.

I'm just doing the dailies to hoard some birdie bucks until then, but it's only a few days out at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

I've often had that when I used to run in solo. One time had a group of 2 following me, kept shooting at my feet trying to get me to go rouge on them. Ignored and just carried on. Eventually, they both annihilated me for my loot. Hope they enjoyed their purple scarf!
    started using pulse with scrambler in the dz now, same thing happen to me the other day, guys chasing me solo, clicked on the pulse and disappeared, could hear them in team chat trying to figure out where i went.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

ECO_Mental wrote: »

I suppose that what makes the dz so tension filled you never know who is a wan**ker or not. I just need to be a bit more careful

Tension filled is fine, it's unfortunately ***hole filled instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Stopped playing a few weeks now is their much point playing it now or just wait till next week for the new patch?

Gear score is 198.

Played yesterday after a long time away, bored to tears within an hour.
    Loved the game for a few weeks after release but always worried about lack of content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Game is ****ing borked the last two nights. Almost every time I try to start a mission it doesn't start or I get kicked from the group before it starts. I'm at the point of giving up on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

DZ is now putting me and one of the lads in the 161+ DZ
    Both of us around the 150 mark, neither of us have any extra gear on us that could bump us over the 160 mark. I've one or two bits in my stash that bring me to 162 I think but I'm not actually carrying them around.

Very annoying as we went into the DZ and straight away got wiped by 3 190 ish rogues....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

It counts the gear in your stash. Otherwise he players would just dump stuff in their stash to get into the sub 161 bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Quick update bought the Police T821 and first impressions its quite good, very steady and stable you can keep on target very easily. Rate of fire isn't great but you are getting all bullets on target. I only had a gs183 Navy MP5 so I think it was worth it for me but if you have the Aug as peeps have mentioned here and other places they say dont bother.

That new Vector in today is better I would say :( just my luck....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Quick update bought the Police T821 and first impressions its quite good, very steady and stable you can keep on target very easily. Rate of fire isn't great but you are getting all bullets on target. I only had a gs183 Navy MP5 so I think it was worth it for me but if you have the Aug as peeps have mentioned here and other places they say dont bother.

That new Vector in today is better I would say :( just my luck....
    Loads of time to get back up to 900 for it. Lexington farming runs.

I missed out on the other smg but I'll buy that vector tonight. I find the Aug much better but that vector looks serious even without any mods.

• Advertisement

bear in mind though, that we're promised high end guns will be raining from the sky in 1.2. so you may end up with a better gun in a few days, but i think it's worth the risk

the one definitely worth looking at is the m1a in the dz, 50k dz credits, level 40 to buy, but if you are doing anything with a skill build it's very interesting

My skill points are pretty much non existent

I've only 15k on my main character. But I have a secondary character at 24 and the weekend should get it to 30 with the intention they will be fully geared in the TA gear I have sitting in my stash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mossym wrote: »
    bear in mind though, that we're promised high end guns will be raining from the sky in 1.2. so you may end up with a better gun in a few days, but i think it's worth the risk

the one definitely worth looking at is the m1a in the dz, 50k dz credits, level 40 to buy, but if you are doing anything with a skill build it's very interesting

I must pop over...I knew someplace was selling a socom for my electronics build.

What what what ????? 50k and level 40??? I haven't been on in over a week so maybe it's come up since but last m1a I saw there was over 200k and level 75 , might jump on later and see if I have enough credits. Bet I don't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Its in DZ03. It's not that great. My M1A is miles better but it might suit some.

Might pop over myself so because it's only a skills build I've got at 30k. Although I've got a first wave M1A gs183 and it's quiet good and I'm not a big sniper man but if it's a good gun I'll get it

I must have nothing to do but to keep posting here, but anyway I am just clearing off all the side missions in advance of this high value target element. But in my exploring it's become apparent that massive have created world that has so much potential it's crazy. I mean the size and the detail is amazing and I think they are just getting started. This HVT thing I am looking forward to, not having to go into the dz or have to rely on randoms to do the same missions over and over. Hopefully good times ahead :)

superg wrote: »
    Its in DZ03. It's not that great. My M1A is miles better but it might suit some.

sory, it may not have been clear. anyone focused on a dps build probably has a decent m1a which has higher stats than this. however, any really good m1a is based on balanced and/or brutal, both of which are getting nerfed in 1.2, which is going to make current guns a lot less powerful. balanced especially is changing so the reticles will open up after each shot, making it much slower to shoot the m1a.

what makes the m1a in the dz so nice is
    1) Cheap as chips at 50k dz funds, and only level 40
    2) it has capable, which basically gives you the effect of current balanced if you have a skill active. so if someone is running a skill build, then they can have it active almost all the time. capable is one of the best perks to have on a marksman if you are running a skill build once balanced and brutal get nerfed in 1.2

i just finished leveling a second character to 30 last night which i am kitting out with 4 piece tacticians. main build will stay dps focused. wouldn't use the m1 on the main kit, but for the skill build it's hugely attractive.

skill-up has a really good video on it on youtube

I must have nothing to do but to keep posting here, but anyway I am just clearing off all the side missions in advance of this high value target element. But in my exploring it's become apparent that massive have created world that has so much potential it's crazy. I mean the size and the detail is amazing and I think they are just getting started. This HVT thing I am looking forward to, not having to go into the dz or have to rely on randoms to do the same missions over and over. Hopefully good times ahead :)

100% agree, there are sections of that city that the missions never went to, hopefully we get to see a lot more of it with the hvts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

They mentioned that the high value things would be for people who have done everything in a zone, does this include collecting mobile phone recordings, drones etc? I've done everything bar those.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

superg wrote: »
    They mentioned that the high value things would be for people who have done everything in a zone, does this include collecting mobile phone recordings, drones etc? I've done everything bar those.

No, they said the side missions only, not the intel.

Spear wrote: »
    No, they said the side missions only, not the intel.

thankfully, bad enough having to do all those missions again on a second character. have everything done on my main, the second is a slog.having to get the intel too and i don't think i could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

have they raised the cap for Phoenix Credits yet? I'm on around 980 and could do with a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Jayop wrote: »
    I missed out on the other smg but I'll buy that vector tonight. I find the Aug much better but that vector looks serious even without any mods.
    bought that Vector last night, was a bit undecided, but with some decent gold mods it melts in PvE

looking forward to the HVT thing, although the DZ is starting to get fun now, so many wierdos roaming around. Last nights theme was "explosive bullets", dudes have no problem killing you, going rogue and taking your ****, yet when you meet them again and shoot in the face with explosive bullets its like an affront to humanity.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    have they raised the cap for Phoenix Credits yet? I'm on around 980 and could do with a break.
    comes with the patch tomorrow

Must stop going into the dz solo, for the second night in a row I've got shot in the back literally.

amen to that, went in last night to get the 7.5k daily challenge, was on 12k and need to get to 50 for the m1 before it leaves.

got the daily, and left with 9k total. rogues and some stupid deaths trying to clear the pit. crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As regards to the HVT you have to have the side missions and encounters cleared not just the side missions.

aye, and i never realised how many silly repetitive ones there was on the first play through. doing my nut at the moment

• Advertisement

bought that Vector last night, was a bit undecided, but with some decent gold mods it melts in PvE

looking forward to the HVT thing, although the DZ is starting to get fun now, so many wierdos roaming around. Last nights theme was "explosive bullets", dudes have no problem killing you, going rogue and taking your ****, yet when you meet them again and shoot in the face with explosive bullets its like an affront to humanity.

Yep same on the vector. Again my 163aug had a higher DPS but I'd say that was down to the mag being much bigger. The vector is sweet.

Advertisement