Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Vector is without a doubt the best SMG in the game bar non the stopping power is immense, however the major drawback is the clip size and reloading after 40 bullets is a MAJOR NO NO especially in PvP. So the AUG is king of the hill at the moment....

However with the new gear set lone star (patch 1.2) and the perk with the ammo its gonna be the major go to gun soon so get the best roll you can. Ammo capacity and reloading gets a major boost with this gear set. So glad I have a 204 vector blueprint in the BoO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

you'll have to wear 4 of that gear though, and it gives nothing to SMG, the boosts on it are for shotgun and lmg. you'll still have to switch to another weapon and back.

i don't see it being as strong as you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Vector is without a doubt the best SMG in the game bar non the stopping power is immense, however the major drawback is the clip size and reloading after 40 bullets is a MAJOR NO NO especially in PvP. So the AUG is king of the hill at the moment....

However with the new gear set lone star (patch 1.2) and the perk with the ammo its gonna be the major go to gun soon so get the best roll you can. Ammo capacity and reloading gets a major boost with this gear set. So glad I have a 204 vector blueprint in the BoO.

I didn't see a BP, I just bought the 204 vector straight. I'm missing out the 2nd talent for a boost on named and elite enemies because my skill build is too low. I'm almost 1k skill points away from it though so it's not even worth trying to adjust for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

What are the other gear types coming out in the new patch.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I didn't see a BP, I just bought the 204 vector straight. I'm missing out the 2nd talent for a boost on named and elite enemies because my skill build is too low. I'm almost 1k skill points away from it though so it's not even worth trying to adjust for.

bp was in the dz last week, but was 250k credits

to be honest, i think the new sets are rubbish. i'll be sticking with mainly the old sets. i do need to get the right roll on the 204 firearms gloves bp i bought, must be up to 20 rolls now and no savage

The new sets will come into it big time with the weapon balance patch comes in after the 1.2 patch, AR and LMGs are getting big buffs.....so I can see the new lone star perks with a LMG as being pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Predator's Mark set is the one interesting me.
    - Added range
    - 800 boost to ARs
    - bleed buff (this might be very powerful)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

What time does the patch go live?

Is it 11am?

• Advertisement

downloading now. goes live at 11am. however 1 hour has gotten me to 10% downloaded on a 40Mb connection. it's sloowwwwww..

mossym wrote: »
    downloading now. goes live at 11am. however 1 hour has gotten me to 10% downloaded on a 40Mb connection. it's sloowwwwww..

Cheers mate I have it downloaded now.

For anyone is this their last chance their giving the game?

It is for me I've tried to play it last week and I find myself turning it off after a half a hour so hopefully this gets me back into it as I loved it at the start and I have noting else to play ha.

patch is 4.6 Gb

I have killed two bosses in dark zone so far and I have got 2 gear set sealed caches so the loot is much better.

I extracted it and it was a 240 chest piece armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Great night the DZ last night. These idiots tried jumping my team at an extraction :D

So to do the HVT daily and weekly you need intel , to get intel you have to go to the boards in the safe houses and do a clear out mission, great :mad:

Edit: Oh the reward I got along with the itel for that mission was a 163gs item

Edit Edit: 1st daily HVT I did dropped a 214gs Sentry's call holster

Can someone explain the HVT to me.

I had one place cleared out of missions so I could do the search and destroy and I got 6 intel so done the first one that cost 5 intel.

It took my intel away so how do I get intel back after I have cleared all areas out as their is some HVT that cost 30 an all.

Does the search and destroy missions missions reset every day or week?

I like it though its a bit of fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the HVT to me.

I had one place cleared out of missions so I could do the search and destroy and I got 6 intel so done the first one that cost 5 intel.

It took my intel away so how do I get intel back after I have cleared all areas out as their is some HVT that cost 30 an all.

Does the search and destroy missions missions reset every day or week?

I like it though its a bit of fun.

Just tried it there during lunch. Did a set of S&D missions for one safehouse area, went back to the safehouse and claimed my reward from the board. It let me select the same missions again so looks like you can just rinse and repeat gathering more pieces of intel.

Nice little addition to the game that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

First named boss in dz01 (the lad in the subway just outside the entrance) dropped a sealed cash and it had a gs214 gloves one of the new gearsets happy with that. Although the difficulty is gone up. Much harder to solo I think I'm the dz now.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just tried it there during lunch. Did a set of S&D missions for one safehouse area, went back to the safehouse and claimed my reward from the board. It let me select the same missions again so looks like you can just rinse and repeat gathering more pieces of intel.

Nice little addition to the game that. :)

What was the reward?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jayop wrote: »
    What was the reward?

HE backpack, wasn't as good as what I had on (nothing new there :D). Some intel too. I'm guessing it's really just the intel that will be useful from the S&D missions as the HVT missions back at BoO give tastier rewards it looks like (well gear set items anyway).

Has the Vector been adjusted? Maybe it's because I haven't played in a few weeks but feels more stable than I remember :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Game is essentially unplayable for me now, was ok for a bit after update, but now it is extremely laggy, hits aren't registering, and it is freezing completely sometimes until I kill it.
    Couldn't mark items as trash also.

Yeah i thought that or was a bit laggy alright, first time I have experience that myself. A bit pissed off was in dz with two other dudes and one of them got three greens 2 of them 240gs :( and the best i got was a crappy 183 assault rifle and some some performance mods.....grrrrr! the DZ is a whole different place now. Loads of bosses and lv33 & 34 npcs that are hard to put down. Not a solo operation now especially dz3 and up

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah i thought that or was a bit laggy alright, first time I have experience that myself. A bit pissed off was in dz with two other dudes and one of them got three greens 2 of them 240gs :( and the best i got was a crappy 183 assault rifle and some some performance mods.....grrrrr! the DZ is a whole different place now. Loads of bosses and lv33 & 34 npcs that are hard to put down. Not a solo operation now especially dz3 and up

i presume i was one of the other ones, even for the few minute i was there, well not to piss you off more but got a 214 new gear set vest, and, wait for it, 204 savage gloves, after buying the blueprints, spending materials for about 20 rolls and not getting them they drop for me in 5 minutes in the dz.

i'll be on later, we'll get some 240 gear then..:)

mossym wrote: »
    i presume i was one of the other ones, even for the few minute i was there, well not to piss you off more but got a 214 new gear set vest, and, wait for it, 204 savage gloves, after buying the blueprints, spending materials for about 20 rolls and not getting them they drop for me in 5 minutes in the dz.

i'll be on later, we'll get some 240 gear then..:)

You are right that does piss me off more..... :( when I'm on later I'll give you shout if you are still on. It might be around ten thought. I have you got that scavenging perk with that path of the nomad set?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My GS is 199 but the game is putting in DZ bracket 201+ which is making it impossible to solo. Do I have to offload every bit of gear I'm not using to another character to get put into the right bracket? I tried to do the daily by killing the named boss in DZ01 who I've rinsed countless times with ease yet today I died 3 times before some other lads cleared it out, now I've to wait for it to spawn again. I don't have the fire power to take down level 32 lads on my own when there loads of them and my health isn't up to the job either it seems.

What's everybody's toughness number now to get feel of what's required. I'm at around 178k I think. It was 60k hp before this update but I moved things around too get my health up and my dps.

OHHH MY GOD....

I tell you what the DZ06 is a no go area solo even 1-2 man teams, I was running past a group of 4 yellow 32s and was taken down with my survivor link on!!! They are hitting like a mother ****er now and that is just the purples. The Q building is now the new incursion to try and clear the place running out of ammo is now a major heart ache. Purple guys running at you with the axes and bat and now one shot you!!!!

There will be VERY LITTLE rouges killing in DZ6 now as you will not be able to run anywhere to get away I tell you that.

Its a tad laggy and hits registry is a tad off but it will settle down, HE gear is dropping like mad now. New AUGs all over the shop. Done all the daily missions and the weekly so into the DZ and incursion for me tonite.....as for my toughness I have it at 230DPS, 330HP and 6HP skill (Gear Score 220). Major drop in DPS with new 240 gear but its about staying alive now to do the DPS. Trust me you wanna be getting HP builds for DZ6 and incursion.

Got halfway through the incursion with 3 before we had to give up. So Id say we get it tonight TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Did my first HVT mission. Got a Lone Star gear set piece immediately. Me and this patch are gonna get along just fine.

Advertisement