Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My toughness is around 170k with high dps or 212k with much lower dps, depending on what pack I wear. And neither are anywhere near enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Guys FYI the Incursion is very very short, when I said earlier I got halfway through it with 3 earlier we just bombed right before the boss!!!! I just watched a vid on UTUBE and could not believe we got so close to doing it with 3. So you could deffo 3 man the new incursion very disapointed TBH. I hope the paid DLC is a hell of alot better then this stuff.

Spear wrote: »
    Did my first HVT mission. Got a Lone Star gear set piece immediately. Me and this patch are gonna get along just fine.

It's a reward for doing the weekly HVT, knees and another piece. I did the 30 and 40 Intel weekly ones and got 5 240 pieces :)

Worth mentioning when gathering intel make sure to run over bodies as they drop from enemies too. Was wondering why I had 18 after 2 sets of missions.

The 40 intel weekly had 6 fat flammer dudes come at us at once so yeah don't do that solo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

It's a reward for doing the weekly HVT, knees and another piece. I did the 30 and 40 Intel weekly ones and got 5 240 pieces :)

Worth mentioning when gathering intel make sure to run over bodies as they drop from enemies too. Was wondering why I had 18 after 2 sets of missions.

The 40 intel weekly had 6 fat flammer dudes come at us at once so yeah don't do that solo :D

Did not know that about the bodies to get intel I was only getting 4 per mission.

I only have one place fully unlocked to do them but I don't imagine it makes a difference as you seem to be able to just keep doing it.

Done the incursion its not to bad a lot better than the first one it's just pretty short.

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Did not know that about the bodies to get intel I was only getting 4 per mission.

I only have one place fully unlocked to do them but I don't imagine it makes a difference as you seem to be able to just keep doing it.

Done the incursion its not to bad a lot better than the first one it's just pretty short.

We were hoping around different safe houses trying missions in different areas to see which would be the least leg work but it doesn't matter as they change locations if you repeat them in the same zone between a fixed number of possible locations in the zone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Does the guy run a little faster? I swear my dude seems to be a bit more fleet of foot since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Finished the new incursion on second attempt it's not too hard. Got 2 214 greens for killing the boss and a green 214 for completing it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »
    Did my first HVT mission. Got a Lone Star gear set piece immediately. Me and this patch are gonna get along just fine.

And on doing my first weekly HVT I got a second lone star piece.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Seems to be a lot of lag since this update.
    Also graphics seem strange...like a shadow behind all the text.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of lag since this update.
    Also graphics seem strange...like a shadow behind all the text.

Yeah getting that graphics issue too (on PC) - going into the menu turns into a mess or even displays the UPlay screen for me! Actually that's really annoying - not sure what I'm selecting and don't want to dismantle the wrong item. Will come back in a day or so when it's hopefully sorted. Gives me an excuse to try out Overwatch. :D

• Advertisement

The lads are all playing and even with GS 190 they're getting put into the highest level DZ. Reckon the AI are murdering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Collecting intel is bloody tedious.

superg wrote: »
    Collecting intel is bloody tedious.

Yes should be a way to do it quicker.

Done the incursion and some intel missions one thing I have to give them is that their does actually seem to be a point to the dark zone now I have got some great items today its a tough challenge in the new dark zone rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Yes should be a way to do it quicker.

Done the incursion and some intel missions one thing I have to give them is that their does actually seem to be a point to the dark zone now I have got some great items today its a tough challenge in the new dark zone rank.

What's trick with the incursion myself and mossyn tried it last night with a few others all in the 200'sgs and we wipped every time. Couldn't get the hang of it.

With all my playing yesterday I got f**k all really only one gear set item from the dz, so in my frustration I bought a blue print from the BoO a 214 sentry call mask. I got a great roll as well :) good electronics 25% scavenging etc. Now have three sentry calls and three strikers. The triple Bonus with these are great really makes a difference. So I said I'd give the dz a blast to see how they work before a went to bed. Low and behold I got drop of a burst mp5 gs204 :) had to extract that but OMG it took me about 4 deaths solo at dz01 to get it out. I pulsed at one stage and the was 15 level 32 npcs (gold, purple and named bosses) at the extraction. But I got the fecker out in the end up survivor link and just ran through them impossible to gun them down on my own. It's a couple of levels up now this dz... team only from now on.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was messing round in the dark zone solo yesterday. Even DZ 1 NPCs can be challenging now.
    Trying to find out what the DZ 4, 5 & 6 sellers had was more like playing Metal Gear Solid than The Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    What's trick with the incursion myself and mossyn tried it last night with a few others all in the 200'sgs and we wipped every time. Couldn't get the hang of it.

I'd also love to know this :)

Tried it with a bunch of randoms, got to the boss first attempt but all died immediately.
    Tried it with another bunch of randoms, got to boss on 3rd attempt but all died immediately.
    Spent another hour trying to find a game, as I kept getting warped back to the start of the mission.

Eventually tried it with a friend and some randoms. We got to the boss a fair few times, and even managed to stay alive for awhile once or twice, but we were too focused on just surviving to do any damage to him.

We went to DZ06, and seen a squad get wiped just to the right of the West checkpoint (we had already cleared the boss, so only a few normal AI left).
    Picked up their gear and headed to extract at DZ05, but they followed us. Chased us through DZ06, where of course not a single AI could now be found to distract them now. They eventually killed us, we respawned and they killed us again, so I called it a night. They were GS 220, DZ 99, so if they all went down to a few bots, it tells you how tough it is now.

I did manage to get 3 Lone Star items doing HVT though earlier. Did two dailies on my own (the two highest cost ones), the second one was very tough. Took several attempts (mostly due to lag) and ended up in a 10 minute battle with just me and the boss left. Boss kept healing and I was out of med packs. Used all my SMG ammo, all my Marksman ammo, all my grenades, all my special ammo (explosive etc). Eventually popped survivor link and charged him, had one clip left in my AK when he died.

Two of us did the weekly High Risk mission then. We both got a 240 piece and a 214 piece, and I also got a 204 weapon (which was pretty crap).

For the incursion the best thing to do is at the start run to the right everyone when you get to colombus crew. Have one person do survivor link and run up and turn of the planes defences straight away it will be directly across from it. After that everyone run back to the start of colombus crew and you should see the fuses there one person pick it up one at a time and do survivor link if needed I think their is only 2 once both are put where they need to be you have to go back to the place you turned the planes defences off so everyone after putting the last fuse in run straight back to that and pop survivor link then the boss comes down run a bit away from the plane and 4 stick together with 2 keeping a eye on the sides and back every now and again and 2 constantly shooting the boss. Do all objectives as soon as possible as the enemies keep spawning if not I only noticed this after dying on that bit first but I got it done in the end.

I would not be worrying too much about having a low gear score lads, patch is only out 1 day and my GS has gone through the roof. The amount of drops is not sustainable I think....Id say they might lower the drop rate after a week or so.

I started yesterday as 215GS and I am now 227GS, need to tweak the build to maximize DPS etc but my armour is now 70% (75% Cap) and I have nearly all the slots at 240 items. Its a mix and match at minute for whatever drops but its all good.

Few boys starting trouble last night including 2 mongos trying to cut the rope of us four at an extraction...I could not believe my eyes as turns out they were like a cadburys cream egg (soft as ****) and were dead in seconds.

100% Ammo capacity is a must now in the game, you will be stocking up like mad but cant stress how much toughness is key now over DPS. With a strong electronics build becoming the king tbh. My alt char. has 50K power so gonna filter gear down from my main char with loads of 214/240 stuff left over. Any team with a strong elect. build is gonna rule as it will boost the DPS for a team that is tanked on health.

Guys just another tip (which I learned the hardway) when doing the weekly HVT (or any daily or weekly) be very careful not to leave the area of the misson. On the hardest weekly you get absolutely hammered by waves of 4-6 fat franks (big flamers) that push you back big time. Leave the instance and its game over and you cannot repeat the mission unless you have another 45 intel which I didnt.

Had to farm again like a mad eejet to repeat!

Yes I went from 195 to 215 from a few hours play yesterday. I'm even getting gear drips doing the basis 5 Intel missions.

I prefer it this way as I don't get to play much and I used to feel I was wasting my time.

I've used the vector for months is the better gun to use? It's only the 191 blueprint one.

Plus I have 3 strikers gear for the 50 critical damage but the rest are a mismatch is their any other gear that goes well with it.

I'm just saving phoenix credits at the moment as noting in store worth buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I like that us lower end guys have a slightly easier way to build up PC now with the daily HVT's so we can buy/find decent gear and compete decently in the DZ.
    Also will finally be able to do challenging missions.

Did they drop the toughness of the elites a bit? One of the intel missions I was doing had a load of level 31 guys and I burned through them fairly quick. Is there much of a difference between them and level 32 guys?

Last time I tried a challenging mission I was emptying clips into level 32 lads and barely scratching them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i think they are achieving what they wanted with the abundance of loot drops, they are eliminating the advantage the guys who glitched got with the early incursion. it's levelling the playing field again.

honestly, it's going to be strange on the next release. given it's xbox only for a month, it's not going to have half the same level of hype/discussion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

mossym wrote: »
    honestly, it's going to be strange on the next release. given it's xbox only for a month, it's not going to have half the same level of hype/discussion

What's this now - the next update is an Xbox exclusive for a month?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Andrew76 wrote: »
    mossym wrote: »

What's this now - the next update is an Xbox exclusive for a month?
    the first two paid updates are xbox exclusive for 30 days.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/7/11173606/the-division-dlc-xbox-one-exclusive

Good let them "LOT" sort out the bugs for us....LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Good let them "LOT" sort out the bugs for us....LMAO

The first DLC is due to drop in June but I suspect that will be separate to patch 1.3 whenever that happens. My guess is they have one team solely focused on the DLC stuff.

Just gunna throw up my Gamertag in here again for anyone playing on the Xbox One. Due to the Xbox's friend UI being all over the place and no way of categorising/creating specific friend groups, I can't remember who is from boards and who were randoms I met while playing.

GT: Kirk the Dog
    Platform: Xbox One
    Lvl 30: DZ Rank: 82

I'm usually on whenever I get the chance and its the only game I'm playing these days. Current Gear score is about 195 (still havent had the chance to play post patch 1.2) Can run HM Falcon Lost fairly handy and managed CM Falcon lost just the once.

Drop me a message if any of you need a group member looking to play Incursions, HVT's or Darkzone or whatever really. If you add me just message me to let me know your're from Boards otherwise I won't have a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Soooo. New job, haven't played in nearly 2 weeks and log in to see the how the new features are working out. Collect enough intel for the 30 weekly (yawn) and last til about 3 mins before the timer would run out and die. Fair enough, I was warned not to go solo. figure I'll head back and try it again for a laugh...and nope. One and done intel-cost wise. Why are they so intent on putting barriers in place for just having some fun with a real challenge outside of the DZ. Here players, yet more tedious grind currency before you can get back to actual enjoyment.
    And off the game goes again for another few days, another patch and another reason not to really bother with it anymore.
    Fkn retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Finally found a Midas today.

I was all excited, only to discover it wasn't a patch on my old 163 AUG :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Soooo. New job, haven't played in nearly 2 weeks and log in to see the how the new features are working out. Collect enough intel for the 30 weekly (yawn) and last til about 3 mins before the timer would run out and die. Fair enough, I was warned not to go solo. figure I'll head back and try it again for a laugh...and nope. One and done intel-cost wise. Why are they so intent on putting barriers in place for just having some fun with a real challenge outside of the DZ. Here players, yet more tedious grind currency before you can get back to actual enjoyment.
    And off the game goes again for another few days, another patch and another reason not to really bother with it anymore.
    Fkn retarded.

Lol how easy do you want it to be. There has to be some level of difficultly/grind to it. Just sounds like this type of game isn't for you.

And you said yourself you were warned about trying it solo. No offence but you come across a bit self entitled.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Finally found a Midas today.

I was all excited, only to discover it wasn't a patch on my old 163 AUG :pac:

I broke down my old 163 Aug tonight, very emotional moment and I'll miss it but it was takin up space so had to go.

Anyway, ran the dz in a team tonight for 3 hours and my gear score went from 195 to 214. Pretty much only extracted green and 204 gold weapon. Got 3 240 greens as well as a load of 214s. I'm running with 4 strikers and 2 nomad so that pretty happy after that.

Advertisement