Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Soooo. New job, haven't played in nearly 2 weeks and log in to see the how the new features are working out. Collect enough intel for the 30 weekly (yawn) and last til about 3 mins before the timer would run out and die. Fair enough, I was warned not to go solo. figure I'll head back and try it again for a laugh...and nope. One and done intel-cost wise. Why are they so intent on putting barriers in place for just having some fun with a real challenge outside of the DZ. Here players, yet more tedious grind currency before you can get back to actual enjoyment.
    And off the game goes again for another few days, another patch and another reason not to really bother with it anymore.
    Fkn retarded.
    the hardest daily mission can be done solo, i did it solo on tuesday. and if you die you can restart it without rebuying as many times as you want.

the weeklies are harder, and you need to rebuy . but what's wrong with that? they should be harder, and should take a bit of work as the rewards are better. they have to provide a challenge for those that are putting time into the game, if they were easy enough that someone jumping in anytime could knock out easily then what's the point?

they've gotten it pretty well balanced i think. if you're not strong enough for the toughest missions, they have the easier ones, and they can still drop decent rewards. they have the easier missions for those not geared/not playing as much, and the tougher missions for those that want the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got 2 of the new Hogg machines guns last night....my Jesus they are a nice LMG. And it's huge really impressive looking I really hope with the new weapon balance LMGs get a good buff. It really is a cool looking gun same rolls on all them just damage changes.

Trick with the incursions is to start on the right fuse after turning off laptop, kill the two gold mini bosses and designate a walker. All 4 walk up and pop a special link defense ( neat trick is you walk faster backwards carrying fuses) one person shoot the direction of mini gun you will only get 2-3 Ai. So the other two guys go in front where resistance can be heavy for a little bit. If getting over whelmed pop a tactical link and clear. Rinse and repeat for other side.....when boss comes out retreat to the bus you jumped over at start as it has loads of room to run around. Stay away from cover as the APC hammers and you need space to dodge. Did it 4 times last no weapons all the same.....roll on challenge mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah got myself a Hungry Hog last night too. Picked it up in DZ06 where I certainly shouldn't have been on my own :pac:

Ended up bringing it all the way down to DZ01 only to have some guy cut the rope! Somehow managed to grab my Hog off the ground and leg it as he and his mate shot sticky bombs at me. Managed to get to a checkpoint and hold up as they went manhunt outside waiting for me to reappear.

Managed to extract it later after waiting things out. So exciting!

Must give Clear sky another go. Got wrecked the first few times I tried it. It's hard to do these things with randoms that don't talk :(

Dummies video is up:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Still havent had the chance to properly give 1.2 a go, there really is so much content at the moment that I keep jumping from different modes.

Tried the incursion but two of the lads in the group with a gear score of 215 just kept running in and getting killed straight away. Spent half the time reviving them and then they just quit.

The DZ is brilliant now. I'm still gear score 195 despite having 240 stuff in my stash. Its just what I currently have has really good stats rolled. Was kicked from a few groups before even properly joining the group. Was about to get kicked from another group when the guy on the mic said "sorry dude your gear score is too low". I told him honestly Im grand its just I prefer a couple of lower piece gears. Sure enough, I spent more time reviving them than they did me.

After a while though we had a great route going and the DZ was really good. The mobs hit HARD but it makes PVP way better too. Went rogue a couple of times and battles last way longer.

My only gripe about the patch so far is that my map is lagging at times and had a few ui glitches where I had to re log.

Anyone playing the DZ, make sure to check out purple drops as they can be Sealed Caches. They include roughly 3k DZ funds and gold Div Tech. Gained about 100k DZ funds in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

My head is melted :o.... with all this new gear sets I dont know what load out or gear item to put it. my GS is now up to 212 or something but I dont know if im better than my 196 loadout I had a day or two ago :confused:

I have only one character as I couldnt be bothered getting an alt up and running and i'm looking for a balanced load out but I dont know if that's feasible currently as I think more and more its becoming a team based game now where your team has to be balanced not you. For example a team needs to 2 DPS, 1 tank and 1 skills. I am trying to be all of them and its not working out, maybe because the difficulty has been ramped up and the DZ is certainly a team based activity.

Got some good gear in the DZ last night about 2 240 gear sets and a good bit of gold but lost about the same as we were jumped at the dz by rogues and they got a couple of greens off me :mad:

Haven't yet completed the new incursion (failed the past two nights:o) but I dont know is it worth it considering the gear now being dropped in the DZ

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    but I dont know is it worth it considering the gear now being dropped in the DZ

Incursions are the only way to get backpacks right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rob2D wrote: »

I had a Lone Star backpack drop last night, but I can't recall if it was from a challenge mode mission or a HVT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

My head is melted :o.... with all this new gear sets I dont know what load out or gear item to put it. my GS is now up to 212 or something but I dont know if im better than my 196 loadout I had a day or two ago :confused:

I have only one character as I couldnt be bothered getting an alt up and running and i'm looking for a balanced load out but I dont know if that's feasible currently as I think more and more its becoming a team based game now where your team has to be balanced not you. For example a team needs to 2 DPS, 1 tank and 1 skills. I am trying to be all of them and its not working out, maybe because the difficulty has been ramped up and the DZ is certainly a team based activity.

Got some good gear in the DZ last night about 2 240 gear sets and a good bit of gold but lost about the same as we were jumped at the dz by rogues and they got a couple of greens off me :mad:

Haven't yet completed the new incursion (failed the past two nights:o) but I dont know is it worth it considering the gear now being dropped in the DZ

Dude dont sweat it, you are over thinking it. TBH the new stuff is NOT better then the old gear apart from the one or two perks on different sets. I am still running 4 STRIKER and 2 LONE STAR.....but sentry has its place in a four man squad.

If in doubt about a build I strongly recommend a skill build especially for team play and incursions, really strong class.

You will get the same gear you have dropping but higher and then switch them out. You only really know your best build when you start hitting the high GS mark so your not constantly changing out stuff. When you reach that mark that is when you know that you are getting a good build as its alot harder to find stuff to improve you.

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]to be honest, high score gear is dropping but i'm pretty much wearing the same gear i had last week with the exception of my gloves. my alt character has a higher gear score than my main, cause i'm dumping all gear on it as it's not making my main any better. i still think 3 striker/2 sentry/savage is the best combo, and testing in the range seems to back that up . [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]to be honest, high score gear is dropping but i'm pretty much wearing the same gear i had last week with the exception of my gloves. my alt character has a higher gear score than my main, cause i'm dumping all gear on it as it's not making my main any better. i still think 3 striker/2 sentry/savage is the best combo, and testing in the range seems to back that up . [/font]

That's what had myself before 1.2, 3 striker and 3 sentry great perks on the triple bonus. I actually got some 204 and 214(I think) plain old gold last night and they were very good and I had one in for a while. But I like seeing all green for some reason.

That's what had myself before 1.2, 3 striker and 3 sentry great perks on the triple bonus. I actually got some 204 and 214(I think) plain old gold last night and they were very good and I had one in for a while. But I like seeing all green for some reason.
    will be on later tonight, than usual, so might just blast dz for an hour or so instead of incursion if you are on for it

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

If yas are on tonight add us Burkie7-MUFC nobody on my friends list plays it anymore and fed up playing with randoms. Gear score is 212

Burkie7 wrote: »
    If yas are on tonight add us Burkie7-MUFC nobody on my friends list plays it anymore and fed up playing with randoms. Gear score is 212
    xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I died doing a weekly last night, I went back to the Boo, approached the weekly lady and the weekly I died in was showing as "available" and I just reselected it and tried again. No more intel was required.

I died several more times before I gave up, my GS is 209 but my toughness is clearly not up to the job. Game is forcing me to do everything with a team but not giving me any way to match make for a team like you used to be able to do on the standard daily missions. I want to be able to match make and do the HVTs but you can't.

superg wrote: »
    I want to be able to match make and do the HVTs but you can't.

I think over on the reddit people decided to matchmake for HVT's at Camp Hudson. Maybe try get someone there.

I think over on the reddit people decided to matchmake for HVT's at Camp Hudson. Maybe try get someone there.

Bit silly you can't do it in the game though! Its an online game meant to be played with people yet they've removed your ability to matchmake for missions!

will be on later tonight, than usual, so might just blast dz for an hour or so instead of incursion if you are on for it

I have been up to 2am for the last two nights playing this and I have to get up for work at half six also, so I am drained at this stage. I have gear set combinations going around my head all day long as well. But as they say "never say never" :)

Just FYI on the weekly HVT missions, If you die you definitely don't have to get more intel and buy it again. Just go back to the woman in the BOO and the mission will be available to re try. It will just move to a different location. I died several times yesterday and kept re trying and its still there for me today to re try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

joe123 wrote: »
    Lol how easy do you want it to be. There has to be some level of difficultly/grind to it. Just sounds like this type of game isn't for you.

And you said yourself you were warned about trying it solo. No offence but you come across a bit self entitled.

I didn't say it was too hard, or I wanted it easier etc. Have no idea where you got that from. I deliberately picked one of the hardest (weekly) missions for the challenge....why on earth would anyone do that and then complain it was too hard :confused:

I said I didn't appreciate having to do the tedious intel grind again, it's just time wasting imho.

Also it's just a wee bit conceited to think you can tell someone if the game is for them or not....especially considering I have about 200+ hours in on it.

TLDR; Your misunderstanding of what I thought I had stated plainly does not a self-entitled-Creed make.

the hardest daily mission can be done solo, i did it solo on tuesday. and if you die you can restart it without rebuying as many times as you want.

Ditto'd...minus the conceit part :). Not a rant about difficulty but their insistance on adding yet another grind-laden sub-currency to the game as an impediment to what could be a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

but I dont know is it worth it considering the gear now being dropped in the DZ

nope, got 240 GS new gear set backpacks in the dz last night, now it was dz06 in the 201+ bracket and it was from supply drops

on the tedious intel grind. part of the aim of this was to make use of the city, not to make the world they built just someting people fast travelled through. the intel is a grind alright, but it is a step towards using the huge and highly impressive world they build

nope, got 240 GS new gear set backpacks in the dz last night, now it was dz06 in the 201+ bracket and it was from supply drops

Same here!

Was in DZ06 by myself again last night about to die when this group of 3 came along and bailed me out. They invited me to the group and we went on a tear until 2am.

I must have extracted 60+ items plus supply drops! I've been playing since day one but I've never been around the DZ with a group before :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Played the daily challenge with a 223 guy last night. Just pissed through the mission as if it was on easy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

on the tedious intel grind. part of the aim of this was to make use of the city, not to make the world they built just someting people fast travelled through. the intel is a grind alright, but it is a step towards using the huge and highly impressive world they build

Valid point. My days tended to be fast travel to daily, fast travel to Lincoln tunnel, fast travel to BoO.....
    Played a bit of the Intel missions the other day and did see parts of the city I'd never seen before. That said ever it got old fast.

Any else one unable to mark stuff as junk since the maintenance today? I can break it down with LS but won't mark it with LT if I want to do several items.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Any else one unable to mark stuff as junk since the maintenance today? I can break it down with LS but won't mark it with LT if I want to do several items.

Is that not part of the current UI bug? It's patched early next week on XBox.

Spear wrote: »
    Is that not part of the current UI bug? It's patched early next week on XBox.

Could be but don't recall having that problem when I played on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

One issue I'm having is when I go to the b.o.o whither my second character and go to the crafting station. It's shows I can craft the blueprints available but when I go down to the bottom and craft the blue and gold weapon parts or electronics and go back up I can no longer craft the blueprints available. Any ideas what's causing this?

• Advertisement

Got a great pair of knee pads which has transformed my experience since the update. I can get my toughness to 314k now while keeping my dps respectable.

Advertisement