Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Done the 2nd highest weekly today on my own just about to kill boss and got disconneted, logged back in and intel gone and COULD NOT DO IT AGAIN. Have to grind that **** again now ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah the two High risk target weeklys are one shot only, if you die you rebuy! The two High value targets you can do numerous times after failing. Got a good team of randoms tonight and we did them all no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

superg wrote: »
    Just FYI on the weekly HVT missions, If you die you definitely don't have to get more intel and buy it again. Just go back to the woman in the BOO and the mission will be available to re try. It will just move to a different location. I died several times yesterday and kept re trying and its still there for me today to re try.

By any chance were you in a group when this happened and did another group member originally purchase the intel? If that's the case, the one who made the purchase should have lost their tokens.

I was playing last night and purchased the HVT for 30 tokens. One of the lads was already at the mission area but fast travelled back to us which caused us to fail the mission as we "left the mission area". When I went back to purchase it again, it showed I'd only two tokens left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How has the new patch affected the game. I havnt played it since the last big patch came out and all the problems that came with it. Is it worth getting back into?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How has the new patch affected the game. I havnt played it since the last big patch came out and all the problems that came with it. Is it worth getting back into?

This patch has brought with it it's own set of issues and problems. Ubi just can't get it right. They need to fix this up and stop adding stuff in, it's getting pointless at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

This patch has brought with it it's own set of issues and problems. Ubi just can't get it right. They need to fix this up and stop adding stuff in, it's getting pointless at this stage.

like what? i'm finding the new patch superb

loads more for solo players to do
    negated the rogues in the dz as they won't go near dz06
    farming for gear/improving builds is actually worthwhile now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

50 in gamestop, tis tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

joe123 wrote: »
    By any chance were you in a group when this happened and did another group member originally purchase the intel? If that's the case, the one who made the purchase should have lost their tokens.

I was playing last night and purchased the HVT for 30 tokens. One of the lads was already at the mission area but fast travelled back to us which caused us to fail the mission as we "left the mission area". When I went back to purchase it again, it showed I'd only two tokens left.

woulnd't mind but I had warned him not to move into the area as it immediately does a timer if you move out of it

No I was solo. I died loads of times. Once you die the mission is over so there is no mission area. Just head back to the boo and restart it. Diets work for the high risk targets though, just the first two weeklys and all the dailys.

I played them last night in a group though and one of the lads got himself to the mission area before everyone else and it started a timer saying we had left the mission area so make sure everyone goes in together.

It might be the case if you fail cos you leave the mission area that you have to buy it again but you don't have to if you die while on the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

What's the state of your load out now after all these new gear sets and been able to get them easily.

Me I'm running

2 lone star for 100% ammo
    2 path of the nomad for 100% scavenging for the dz just got it don't know if it going to work though?
    2 tactician for the extra skill power.

GS209 145k dps 197k hp 37k sp

Trying to get balanced loadout but trying to keep my skills close to 40k as I can as i hear that's the best. I had it at 44k and with pulse you are getting 40% crit chance and 80% crit damage so I can see why! Also it refreshes about every 30 secs so it's on all the time.

Bit disappointed about my dps but you can't have everything.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

4 Striker and two Sentry for free roaming and daily missions which gives 215k dps and 188k toughness.

For DZ 201+ and tough missions I go 2 striker, 2 sentry, 1 tactician and 1 Hunters path for no other reason than the last two bump my toughness up to 314k but drops DPS to 188K. Skills on both are about 13k.

On the first loadout my crit chance is 36.5% and my crit damage is 182%. Headshot damage is 152%. On the second load out Crit chance is 50%, Crit damage is 132% and headshot stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    2 path of the nomad for 100% scavenging for the dz just got it don't know if it going to work though?

They haven't fixed scavenging yet so you might want to hold off on that.

Rob2D wrote: »
    They haven't fixed scavenging yet so you might want to hold off on that.

I thought they fixed it for 1.2, but one of the reasons why I went with it was it was a 240 piece and it had other perks namely 3000sp so it filled two tasks. I have yet to try it maybe tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I thought they fixed it for 1.2, but one of the reasons why I went with it was it was a 240 piece and it had other perks namely 3000sp so it filled two tasks. I have yet to try it maybe tonight

It didn't make it, it's still pending.

Spear wrote: »
    It didn't make it, it's still pending.

well feck it.. At this stage in going to stick with it. In my mind all that green dropping is my 100% scavenging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Speaking of which, The Division has already dipped below half price if anyone hasn't tried it yet

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Speaking of which, The Division has already dipped below half price if anyone hasn't tried it yet

Not surprised TBH, alarming drop off rate even with the new patch. Alot of really annoying bugs now seems like its a step back never mind a step forward.

DZ is not buzzy anymore even one afraid to do anything as the death rate is soooo high.

What pisses me off is that for server work on thursday all they did was fix an exploit where you could kill the boss for a weekly and then die from week Ai and go back and rinse and repeat the boss for multiple green drops....they fixed that **** straight away and left all the other bugs. That is piss poor TBH......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I haven't played in about 3 weeks or so now...have moved on to Overwatch :P I don't mind anyways, got about 70-80hrs into the game..got my money's worth.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What pisses me off is that for server work on thursday all they did was fix an exploit where you could kill the boss for a weekly and then die from week Ai and go back and rinse and repeat the boss for multiple green drops....they fixed that **** straight away and left all the other bugs. That is piss poor TBH......

if they hadn't fixed that asap everyone would have been bitching about it..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

'the dz changes seems to have put people into three camps:

those that were rolling around in groups wiping out solo players/small teams for fun with no challenge hate it as the risk of death is gone way up and easy farming is gone. they're now seeing the dz the same as the guys they were wiping out previously

those that weren't and are playing with mates think it's better because the risk isn't that much bigger than it was pre-patch due to the first goups .at elast now the rewards versus risk is better

last group is the only one i feel sorry for, solo players who can't play in teams, because the dz is really a no go area. the NPC's are way harder, and the bands of rogues are just roaming the lower dz's now meaning solo is pretty much impossible

• Advertisement

Held off on buying the historian last night as I knew if I bought it I would get a 204 M1a after it from DZ..low and behold I get one in a drop in DZ06.
    So we hit the extraction point.Place is flooded with elites which we clear out and then call in the extraction..another team join in and we try to clear out the 10 or so elite 34's that spawn in..my pulse identifies an enemy coming around the corner and I open fire..instead its a bloody player and I go home..I stop immediately but he kills me and takes all my stash...then they get killed as my team and the elites take them out...and then my team get taken out..so we head back there..and rinse and repeat. No idea who got my m1a in the end but I got my 204 acr and 204 rpk-74( none really good to me ) but christ its tough up there.

Would love to hear some of the reasoning behind that?

The patch has on the main, been a success right across the board. The only annoying gripe is the UI bug but both are getting fixed this week.

The community in general have been extremely positive about 1.2. The DZ is harder but DZ01 and DZ02 are definitely doable solo. I ran it on my own for a bit the last night and it was grand. You need to be more strategic but whats wrong with that?

PVP has also improved too. Players now can no longer just face tank and empty a clip and the battle is over.

Loot has improved immensely too. You still need to work for the good rolls though, which isn't a bad thing. You see a lot of high gear score players now, who have no idea how to manage their gear and still die fairly easily. I've a feeling a lot of players pick up GS 240 stuff and throw it on without really looking at its stats.

Have to say The Division has been one of the most addictive games I've played in the last while.

They really have shafted solo players though.

I pretty much always play solo and I just can't go higher than DZ03 now. The best I can hope for is to latch onto a group in 06 during a supply drop and get a boss item. Then pray I can make it back to 01 to extract.

Plus the HVT's need a group as well. This game is just stupid hard now for the guy on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's pretty easy to hook up with randomers or at least it used to be - thought I saw somewhere this has changed since the patch.
    Anytime I joined a group it was a pretty good experience.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to hook up with randomers or at least it used to be - thought I saw somewhere this has changed since the patch.
    Anytime I joined a group it was a pretty good experience.

Yeah the matchmaking in this can't really be faulted at all. 99% of the time when I'm playing, I just matchmake with randomers and more often than not you join a group who basically want to do the same thing as you which is farm checkpoints, kill bosses etc.

Sometimes I don't bother with a mic for one reason or another and theres no issue. I dont really understand why those Solo-ing don't make more use of the match making?

The only times mics are really needed are for incursions.

I might join up with a random DZ group now and again, but I'm not going to the bother of trying to matchmake somewhere.

Rob2D wrote: »
    I might join up with a random DZ group now and again, but I'm not going to the bother of trying to matchmake somewhere.

You know you can matchmake by just going into your map any place outside the DZ? Takes 2 minutes.

I'm not even attempting the newest incursion or bothering doing the old one. No point when good gear drops elsewhere now. Keep getting lonestar stuff though. Its an awful gear set. I've loads of 240's of it but wearing none of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I'm not even attempting the newest incursion or bothering doing the old one. No point when good gear drops elsewhere now. Keep getting lonestar stuff though. Its an awful gear set. I've loads of 240's of it but wearing none of them.

Equip 2 of them then restock your ammo then take them off you'll still have 100% extra ammo.

• Advertisement

I'm not even attempting the newest incursion or bothering doing the old one. No point when good gear drops elsewhere now.

Old incursion on challenging is a piece of piss now, getting stronger every day you farm. I am going in with 480K toughness and 220DPS. Plus you are certain to get a 240 piece of kit and a decent weapon.

Still better off rocking old gear, I still wear a 204 chest piece!!!!

Advertisement