Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Is there any mission or incursion still dropping the old gear? Can't beat Striker or Sentry. I have a sentry chest piece but its only 191, would like an upgrade there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

superg wrote: »
    Is there any mission or incursion still dropping the old gear? Can't beat Striker or Sentry. I have a sentry chest piece but its only 191, would like an upgrade there.

The HVTs do drop them, they just seem to be much rarer than the Lone Star pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Old incursions FTW, but everywhere is still dropping old gear....just a run on lone star **** at the minute it seems.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aye, got a few 240 sentry and striker in the DZ over the last couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Old incursions FTW, but everywhere is still dropping old gear....just a run on lone star **** at the minute it seems.

Just been watching yer man Hamish on twitch and he was running 4 lone star and was swapping between the smg/AR and that reload bonus was working with them not just the shotgun and lmg.... He was doing some serious damage, made me think it might not be that bad!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just been watching yer man Hamish on twitch and he was running 4 lone star and was swapping between the smg/AR and that reload bonus was working with them not just the shotgun and lmg.... He was doing some serious damage, made me think it might not be that bad!

It deffo has its uses, but is it better then 3 striker for all the perks it gives you and coupled with 2 sentry?

Or even savage gloves with a reckless chest! I doubt it.....TBH.

Skill build with the vigorous chest piece and booster shot with critical save enabled and you are VIRTUALLY UNKILLABLE TBH. Was doing the clear sky incursion there and didnt even have to take cover with the build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It deffo has its uses, but is it better then 3 striker for all the perks it gives you and coupled with 2 sentry?

Skill build with the vigorous chest piece and booster shot with critical save enabled and you are VIRTUALLY UNKILLABLE TBH. Was doing the clear sky incursion there and didnt even have to take cover with the build.

Any chance you could post a shot of your build?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

In fairness though, judging from your stats you posted in another post, the gear you are running with sounds like only a very small % would have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Another 4.5gb update for this on PS4?
    That's on top of the 6 odd gb one not too long ago.

I have decent stats but once you have a skill build in group you be amazed how much it benefits the team. It really is that good.... Next time I on I take pic of my build with phone and post it up. I still do not know what build to run with this patch it's so buggy. High DPS or high toughness or 50/50, I cannot get an overheal for the life of me with the bugs in this game. I can get one off teammates but even with critical save and booster shot it just will not do it. I taught it was because my skill is so low but changed that up and it still won't work.

Never taught I'd say it but the game is starting to really annoy me know especially the DZ getting one shotted in DZ 1 with 430k health and 74% mitigation is just bull**** and then you can't even heal properly when u do get hammered. There is a severe problem with lag server side that damage is not registering your side but enemy AI are hitting 100% at all times no matter the distance....tick rate needs to be upped or the like.

• Advertisement

agreed on the skill benefits. that's the main reason my alt is being so useful. have it geared for skill and health, main is for dps and health. useful having the main for soloing the hvt's, makes the dailies at least pretty straight forward. much harder solo pve with the alt and skill, mainly cause the damage i deal is so low, but it can be done. give me one other player though with decent dps and the boost i give them with the skill build is crazy

I have decent stats but once you have a skill build in group you be amazed how much it benefits the team. It really is that good.... Next time I on I take pic of my build with phone and post it up. I still do not know what build to run with this patch it's so buggy. High DPS or high toughness or 50/50, I cannot get an overheal for the life of me with the bugs in this game. I can get one off teammates but even with critical save and booster shot it just will not do it. I taught it was because my skill is so low but changed that up and it still won't work.

Never taught I'd say it but the game is starting to really annoy me know especially the DZ getting one shotted in DZ 1 with 430k health and 74% mitigation is just bull**** and then you can't even heal properly when u do get hammered. There is a severe problem with lag server side that damage is not registering your side but enemy AI are hitting 100% at all times no matter the distance....tick rate needs to be upped or the like.

Have to say I havent come across any problems like that, Im playing on the Xbox One though so could be different. Havent experienced any issues with heals either.

For booster shot, the only way you can get an over heal off it is by using a vigorous chest piece. How are you getting one shotted which such high toughness?

Im 333k toughness and feel really tanky now. The only thing I need to be careful about are the flamethrowers and grenades. With the harder mobs, face tanking is no longer an option so taking cover makes more sense.

joe123 wrote: »

For booster shot, the only way you can get an over heal off it is by using a vigorous chest piece. How are you getting one shotted which such high toughness?

No you can/could always get an over heal regardless of the chest piece you are wearing if you set the talents up right. Hitting the overdose (i think) in the last segment of health gives you an overheal if you have the vigorous chest on its just way more effective. I have being doing it since game launch....

Game mechanics are fundamentally broken still, there is no benefit in having a high gear score as it does not reflect anything TBH. I said it before you grind for the best gear and best stats and the game does not reward you for it, you still take damage like you were a lower level goon. I mean its a terrible state of affairs when I am grinding in this game for prolly 6-8 hrs a day (especially weekends) and the best gun in the game is still the Aug from BoO. I have over 600 gold division tech and nothing to do with it as I am always short the little **** like electronics and fabrics etc etc. I have 2000 PC and nothing to do with them as all the stuff you can buy is inferior to what I have already. You never get or find a decent primary and you can forget about the named elite weapons they are ALL absolute muck....not one named weapon since launch has been decent and the trend continues with the Hungry Hogg terrible stats and mediocre perks at best. The Historian is a classic M1A ffs!!!! :rolleyes:

I know its a bit of a rant but I do/did love the game, I bought the season pass and I have bought 2 different sets off gear to change clothes for the craic so I have invested alot of time and money into the game.....but they really need to sort this. If the paid content is this paid then I would say the numbers with tank BIG TIME.

Last night the official streamer on twitch for the division was in the DZ 3 and DZ4 I watched him for about 25 mins and he died about 9 times!!!! This is the official streamer for the division....they will have to nerf the Ai or just make the higher end gear work as intended and nerf nothing. It would make the game extremely satisfying actually seeing improvement in development as you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

No you can/could always get an over heal regardless of the chest piece you are wearing if you set the talents up right. Hitting the overdose (i think) in the last segment of health gives you an overheal if you have the vigorous chest on its just way more effective. I have being doing it since game launch....

Game mechanics are fundamentally broken still, there is no benefit in having a high gear score as it does not reflect anything TBH. I said it before you grind for the best gear and best stats and the game does not reward you for it, you still take damage like you were a lower level goon. I mean its a terrible state of affairs when I am grinding in this game for prolly 6-8 hrs a day (especially weekends) and the best gun in the game is still the Aug from BoO. You never get or find a decent primary and you can forget about the named elite weapons they are ALL absolute muck....not one named weapon since launch has been decent and the trend continues with the Hungry Hogg terrible stats and mediocre perks at best. The Historian is a classic M1A ffs!!!! :rolleyes:
    I have a level 28 M1A that does the same damage as it :)

My GS163 one does a good chunk more with better talents suited to my build.

Game mechanics are fundamentally broken still, there is no benefit in having a high gear score as it does not reflect anything TBH. I said it before you grind for the best gear and best stats and the game does not reward you for it, you still take damage like you were a lower level goon. I mean its a terrible state of affairs when I am grinding in this game for prolly 6-8 hrs a day (especially weekends) and the best gun in the game is still the Aug from BoO. I have over 600 gold division tech and nothing to do with it as I am always short the little **** like electronics and fabrics etc etc. I have 2000 PC and nothing to do with them as all the stuff you can buy is inferior to what I have already. You never get or find a decent primary and you can forget about the named elite weapons they are ALL absolute muck....not one named weapon since launch has been decent and the trend continues with the Hungry Hogg terrible stats and mediocre perks at best. The Historian is a classic M1A ffs!!!! :rolleyes:

I know its a bit of a rant but I do/did love the game, I bought the season pass and I have bought 2 different sets off gear to change clothes for the craic so I have invested alot of time and money into the game.....but they really need to sort this. If the paid content is this paid then I would say the numbers with tank BIG TIME.

Last night the official streamer on twitch for the division was in the DZ 3 and DZ4 I watched him for about 25 mins and he died about 9 times!!!! This is the official streamer for the division....they will have to nerf the Ai or just make the higher end gear work as intended and nerf nothing. It would make the game extremely satisfying actually seeing improvement in development as you play.

Have to say I really don't agree with alot of your points.

Regarding Gear Score, sure the actual Gear Score can be a bit mis-leading but GS240 has a higher grade for Armor rolls, crit chance, crit dmg etc. To say they don't account for anything is just basically incorrect.

This is a loot grinding game and its all about micro managing your gear.

I don't know what type of luck you are having in the Dark Zone but since the new patch, I've gone from my crafted 182 Vector to a dropped MP7 that has Deadly, Armor destruction and Skilled in the last slot.

Regarding the streams you have been watching, I've watched plenty of Hamish/Gabe and they are generally decent at the game. If you want to view proper pros at the game, check out Streamerhouse especially when Inigo is on.The way they are able to PVP against other groups, sometimes 4 v 8 is brilliant to watch. They know their stuff when it comes to min/maxing too.

Id also advise you to check out the following spreadsheet, it shows the difference and benefits of 240 gear compared to 214 etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1giZHpZ8uXET4qncFPLJC-FU_NowQH-fD7iUJ-avUrIs/htmlview?pref=2&pli=1&sle=true#

Just on the booster shot thing, I'm almost sure the way its intended to work is that booster shot improves damage and also prevents damage taken (doesnt state this on the description but its been tested by streamers) but it does not grant an overheal. You need the vigorous chest piece for Booster shot to grant an overheal as thats it talent perk. "grants overheal to ALL healing skills". I tested it and it works like this for me. Booster shot without Vigorous doesnt.

First aid self heal on the other hand grants an overheal providing you have enough skill power.

I agree on the named weapons, they are terrible. Really surprised you are not getting good drops in the new DZ. Especially 5 and 6.

First off I never said that the 240 stuff did not account for anything, you need to re-read my post. I am saying that the gear (all of it) is not working as intended, especially the high end 240 stuff. Same as alot of the perks on guns still broken...

I have gotten many a 214 piece of gear with better armour and stats some 240 pieces. Hell I have a 204 chest piece thats overall better then some 240 pieces of gear so that is not a given that 240 stuff is better. So 240 stuff is not always better if it was I would be wearing all my 240 stuff and be 228GS. But it should be!

I am a much better player with a 219/221 GS then I am with my maxed out 228 GS so TBH it means zip...unless you find the very best 240 stuff which is a given.

You are very lucky with the MP7 they really are like rocking horse ****, very rare. I farm like a mother ****er in the DZ have done since game launch I was rank 99 in DZ well before the 1.2 patch even dropped. First 75 ranks were mostly solo so I have a pretty good idea of the place and how to operate in there.

I know there is alot of luck involved on the gear front dropping but by the law of averages I should have a stock pile of decent primaries and I dont. Nothing better then what I can craft or buy (hence the Aug from BoO) I have had 1 MP7 drop and it was a terrible roll and it wasnt even 204.

I watch alot of streamers (Exhunz, Like Butter, Skill Up, WiddzTV and Arekkz) constantly and there is terrible trouble with the lag, sure there are thousands of pages on reddit from players complaining about it and its only since the latest patch.

Regards the booster shot, I am not saying its just the booster shot. I am saying no matter what healing I use or talent I have equipped I can not get an overheal at all. Which is bull****, it was perfect before the patch. At least one extra bar was attainable....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Shot in the back by two lads who came from nowhere just as I was entering the Dark zone exit. Twats.

First off I never said that the 240 stuff did not account for anything, you need to re-read my post. I am saying that the gear (all of it) is not working as intended, especially the high end 240 stuff. Same as alot of the perks on guns still broken...

I have gotten many a 214 piece of gear with better armour and stats some 240 pieces. Hell I have a 204 chest piece thats overall better then some 240 pieces of gear so that is not a given that 240 stuff is better. So 240 stuff is not always better if it was I would be wearing all my 240 stuff and be 228GS. But it should be!

I am a much better player with a 219/221 GS then I am with my maxed out 228 GS so TBH it means zip...unless you find the very best 240 stuff which is a given.

You are very lucky with the MP7 they really are like rocking horse ****, very rare. I farm like a mother ****er in the DZ have done since game launch I was rank 99 in DZ well before the 1.2 patch even dropped. First 75 ranks were mostly solo so I have a pretty good idea of the place and how to operate in there.

I know there is alot of luck involved on the gear front dropping but by the law of averages I should have a stock pile of decent primaries and I dont. Nothing better then what I can craft or buy (hence the Aug from BoO) I have had 1 MP7 drop and it was a terrible roll and it wasnt even 204.

I watch alot of streamers (Exhunz, Like Butter, Skill Up, WiddzTV and Arekkz) constantly and there is terrible trouble with the lag, sure there are thousands of pages on reddit from players complaining about it and its only since the latest patch.

Regards the booster shot, I am not saying its just the booster shot. I am saying no matter what healing I use or talent I have equipped I can not get an overheal at all. Which is bull****, it was perfect before the patch. At least one extra bar was attainable....

I wasn't trying to attack your post or anything, just trying to help. I picked it up that you thought there was no difference in 240 gear and 214. I was just pointing out that 240 gear has a higher ceiling for stats so a perfect roll on 240 is better than a perfect roll on a 214 piece for example. Its much easier reach armor mitigation on a 240 piece.

With the way drops work now, I wouldn't agree that it would be a good thing that every single 240 piece should be better than a really good 214 piece. It would really take out the micro managing of gear. Its a big part I enjoy. I was running the Clear Sky incursion last night and I'm currently geared at 204, there was one guy geared at 220 who died more than anyone else in the team, like constantly. Its just he had no clue of stats or how to roll gear.

I follow a few of those guys and check reddit fairly often and I haven't really seen a big discussion around lag but again, not denying it happens or anything.

Very strange you are not getting an overheal from the regular First aid self heal. When you shoot it on the ground and run in and out does it not do it either? I initially took your last post that you were saying booster shot should be giving an overheal but that skill doesnt work like that, only vigorous allows booster shot to overheal. Sorry for the confusion there.

I can only say you are very unlucky with your drops if you havent been picking up some decent stuff. From HVT's and Dark Zone, Ive picked up a fair bit of 240 gear that I will try out again. Sure some stuff I sell/deconstruct but drops are really good now for the large part.

Shot in the back by two lads who came from nowhere just as I was entering the Dark zone exit. Twats.

if thats the first time that has happened you then count yourself lucky. that's a daily occurrence for most

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mossym wrote: »
    if thats the first time that has happened you then count yourself lucky. that's a daily occurrence for most

I learned early on not to consult the map while out in the open. Rookie mistake!

• Advertisement

Alot of peeps running a high GS are not even good players, did not grind and put effort into DZ6 they more then likely glitched the original incursion to get the GS. Start a PvP encouter with alot of these dudes and the first thing they do is pop the survivor link and go down real easy.

mossym wrote: »

Yeah wait till he plays in a matchmaking squad for about 2 hrs only to get kicked from group and shot in the back by a load of yanks!! And gear robbed.....

That stings I tell ya!

Alot of peeps running a high GS are not even good players, did not grind and put effort into DZ6 they more then likely glitched the original incursion to get the GS. Start a PvP encouter with alot of these dudes and the first thing they do is pop the survivor link and go down real easy.

i'm sure the reason they got so generous with the drops was to negate the advantage the glitchers have had. give everyone so much gear the stuff they got from glitching doesn't matter.

i notice all hte rogues are in the lower DZ's now, had a right old slagging match with a bunch of three who killed me last night, was solo in dz01 waiting for some lads to get on, they shot me and started giving me crap. started asking why they weren't in dz05 or 6 for decent rewards, they didn't like the idea that they really weren't as good as they thought at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ubisoft are developing a The Divison movie now with Jake Gyllenhaal attached to star and produce
    http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-the-division-movie-1201742202/

Yeah wait till he plays in a matchmaking squad for about 2 hrs only to get kicked from group and shot in the back by a load of yanks!! And gear robbed.....

That stings I tell ya!

took down a boss in dz01 last night while solo, dropped a sealed green cache. jsut about to pick it up and another solo agent comes over, get an invite. tentatively accept, pick up my green, and we cruise around for a bit. whole time i'm watching his name in the corner and if had switched from being in my group i was going to shoot first and worry about it later, was convinced he was going to drop the group and shoot me at any minute

Yep its quite often those who exploited Falcon Lost way back or are just throwing the highest GS items on now. The most annoying part is matchmaking with groups who then kick you from the group because they see a lower gear score.

Match made with about 5 groups last night, each one kicked me because I had a 204 gear score. Decided to throw on two random pieces of 240 gear just to boost my GS and changed back once we were in the Incursion. :rolleyes:

Usually its the yanks that start all that **** when joining as a random. I joined so many of them and the **** talk/gangland style **** you up attitude is incredible. Some of the immature talk is mind boggling.

Joined a party few days ago and soon as I joined one fella is all with the rules, camp DZ1 and only shot guys on there own and in pairs. Stay away from 3-4 parties....attack guys from behind when in middle of Ai fights this kind of thing.

I said why you being all pussy like and just farm and deal with situations as they occur (rogues etc) he was like thats the hard way and where is the fun in that! I stayed with them for about 30 mins and they must have died like 15 times.

Having said that I have met most of the lads I now play with online matchmaking and playing a few times and most of them are american...depends on the IQ really I suppose lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Ah the yanks. Met some dude in the DZ one day, teamed up, friend requests sent etc.
    So next day I was playing with him. A friend of his joins the team and the chat party.

So their conversation goes something like this

"Hey buddy"
    "hey"
    "how have you been?"

"Great. Just got out of the slammer after 3 years..................."

Must of read the Division reviews inside....lol

• Advertisement

No challenge mode being released this week, found multiple exploits so canned it for next week. That was the reason why they did not release it along side the hard mode to see what exploits would crop up.

Advertisement