Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Had my first go at Clear sky, pissed it in ten minutes. Falcon lost was miles tougher the first time, took me ten go's to beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

mossym wrote: »
    if thats the first time that has happened you then count yourself lucky. that's a daily occurrence for most

I only ever go in there to do the daily task and then I'm gone. My GS has me in the top bracket but I can't compete so no point hanging around. I beef up to go in there so I can survive against the AI but my DPS drops so low if a player comes along I may as well just shout at them and hope they go away :D. I've clearly been very lucky with rogues so far. I've been killed by them about 5 times in total and two of those were yesterday! As I say though, I don't spend long int here anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Decided to give the 4 lone star gear set a go and i am very happy with it. What has made it was I got a very convenient drop today my first decent lmg that you can actually use.... it's a 204gs with one of the perks it has a 42% increase in accuracy and a 35% increase in head shots. It has a small kick at the start but once up and running it's as steady as a laser. My secondary then is a 204 mp7 with an insane 900rpm but only 40 round mag but the swapping weapons perk with the lone star means you are constantly putting down fire so it's not an issue.

Problem now is that I don't have a double bonus for my two remaining slots I have only one gear set holster for some reason. I have loads on the rest but are holsters' rare for some reason. I am thinking of I could get a final measure that 50% damage mitigation with the double would be great.

I was out of the country all week now going away for the weekend I am getting withdrawal symptoms at this stage:(

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Good few Holsters on sale in the DZ and blueprints and in BoO....pick one of them up.

Also the Aug on sale in the BoO is actually better then the one a few weeks ago, its slightly lower base damage but the perks are alot more useful. Was testing it out last night and I would prefer it anyway. But I have all 32 mods on it so it makes up for the slightly less base damage and its only 260 PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xboxgamer1982

I don't think this game will ever be fixed. I'm lucky enough to of finished it on the Xbox one before it all went downhill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I don't think this game will ever be fixed. I'm lucky enough to of finished it on the Xbox one before it all went downhill

The Division is primarily a online multiplayer game and was never intended as a complete the campaign and the game is finished. The game only starts after you complete the single player campaign.
    Its pretty balanced now really. The next dlc better be good though.

Blazer wrote: »
    Its pretty balanced now really. The next dlc better be good though.

You having a laugh mate, I can tell you I had a much much better agent pre 1.2 and would rather go back and farm the DZ for **** gear then troll the DZ 6 now and get so ****in frustrated at the **** you have to put up with.

The game is in a FAR worse state now then it ever was, I am playing it less and less. I really just cant stand the stupid inconsistencies anymore.....went into the DZ yesterday to check out all the vendors and between DZ2 and 4 I died 4 times from absolute mind boggling situations. One purple shotgunner taking me down with 420K Toughness and 75% Mitigation!

Dropping higher loot (which is only really high for people with bad gear before it came out) is the only positive thing to come from 1.2. And having said that my stats are terrible even with all the 240 stuff.

Self heal is totally broken (1-2 secs for it to work most time)
    Armour is totally non exsistant
    Toughness means absolutely nothing in PvE works for PvP strangely
    Enemy Lag is beyond ridiculous since 1.2
    Cover only works 50% time
    Enemy grenades blow up before the red radar patch.

Was doing Falcon lost on challenge last night and the immune station stopped working half way through and tactitions vest would not proc for other lad! Had to abandon it and leave.

Loads of other little things too, real shame TBH. Especially as I was stupid enough to get the season pass ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    You having a laugh mate, I can tell you I had a much much better agent pre 1.2 and would rather go back and farm the DZ for **** gear then troll the DZ 6 now and get so ****in frustrated at the **** you have to put up with.

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    The game is in a FAR worse state now then it ever was, I am playing it less and less. I really just cant stand the stupid inconsistencies anymore.....went into the DZ yesterday to check out all the vendors and between DZ2 and 4 I died 4 times from absolute mind boggling situations. One purple shotgunner taking me down with 420K Toughness and 75% Mitigation!

This was loving it, but man some of the glitches, I never really came back to it the same way after my main got deleted in that first patch tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Dropping higher loot (which is only really high for people with bad gear before it came out) is the only positive thing to come from 1.2. And having said that my stats are terrible even with all the 240 stuff.

Self heal is totally broken (1-2 secs for it to work most time)
    Armour is totally non exsistant
    Toughness means absolutely nothing in PvE works for PvP strangely
    Enemy Lag is beyond ridiculous since 1.2
    Cover only works 50% time
    Enemy grenades blow up before the red radar patch.

Was doing Falcon lost on challenge last night and the immune station stopped working half way through and tactitions vest would not proc for other lad! Had to abandon it and leave.

Loads of other little things too, real shame TBH. Especially as I was stupid enough to get the season pass ffs!

Again, really don't understand how you are struggling so much with the game. The game is in a far better state now than it was pre 1.2

Players had to adjust the way they approach the game now, you can't just face tank every mob you see, you need to use cover, you need to do your best to pass by undected if you are up against a large group of elites and trying to reach a safehouse/checkpoint.

The overall consensus is positive from most. Just because you have 75% armor mitigation does'nt mean you should be able to waltz through a horde of enemies. Its added a much more strategic balance to the game.

And if you are soloing he DZ and expecting to blast away enemies then youve missed the point of the update completely.

Joe,

You just dont get it mate. So we will agree to disagree......this is not about me having 75% mitigation and high toughness and thinking I am John Mc Clane m8. I was making that reference to outline that someone with half the toughness and no mitigation goes down in the same time frame Therefore the games hit detection and armor is fcked.

Reading up on the lag issue it seems that Massive is taking an awful lot of information off the client side and moving it to server side creating havoc for players with latency issues.

In relation to the cover, how can you use cover when the cover does not work, you are plain as day getting hit behind hard cover majority of the time.

Was also killed out right last night when 10-15 mins after a battle in DZ 6 2 seeker mines appeared on screen and just out right killed me.....no idea what happened there.

Had 2 bars of health last night outside DZ 5 safe house, could not get in as it said I was in combat when lo and behold was put down in one shot by a shotgunner at the t juction just at the pit.......which is miles away.

Got a lovely Aug last night and I takes 2053 across the three sections (firearms,health,skill) to proc the guns talents.....I am fairly sure this CANNOT BE ACHIEVED with current gear sets.

Never had a problem with the game pre 1.2 patch apart from ****ty loot the game was pretty decent until the falcon glitch, that forced massive to do some serious adjustments that will take months to right.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    You just dont get it mate. So we will agree to disagree......this is not about me having 75% mitigation and high toughness and thinking I am John Mc Clane m8. I was making that reference to outline that someone with half the toughness and no mitigation goes down in the same time frame Therefore the games hit detection and armor is fcked.

I'm with Wonda-Boy on this one I'm afraid.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Joe,

Reading up on the lag issue it seems that Massive is taking an awful lot of information off the client side and moving it to server side creating havoc for players with latency issues.

In relation to the cover, how can you use cover when the cover does not work, you are plain as day getting hit behind hard cover majority of the time.

Was also killed out right last night when 10-15 mins after a battle in DZ 6 2 seeker mines appeared on screen and just out right killed me.....no idea what happened there.

Had 2 bars of health last night outside DZ 5 safe house, could not get in as it said I was in combat when lo and behold was put down in one shot by a shotgunner at the t juction just at the pit.......which is miles away.

Got a lovely Aug last night and I takes 2053 across the three sections (firearms,health,skill) to proc the guns talents.....I am fairly sure this CANNOT BE ACHIEVED with current gear sets.

Never had a problem with the game pre 1.2 patch apart from ****ty loot the game was pretty decent until the falcon glitch, that forced massive to do some serious adjustments that will take months to right.

Haha I get what you are saying alright no need to assume I dont :pac:

I can only go off my own experiences and guys I chat to online while playing and the overall consensus is that 1.2 has been a change for the better.

Sure there are issues here and there but I never find myself dying from any of the things you complain about. Rarely experience death caused by lag or being hit from behind cover.

Shotgunners are tough but throw an over heal on and you are already on top, crit them in the head and they melt fairly easily. Flashbangs, shock grenades etc are all ways of dealing with them.

I would love to see some of this footage where you mention some of the ways you are dying. Its rare now where I find myself blaming the game rather than my own actions.

We were doing the incursion the last night with a random matchmade group, all of us had mics however one guy just seemed to like doing his own thing and sure enough he started dying more and more.

Then the excuses came, "Ughh this lag", "this game is so bugged", "how did I die there"

We were literally telling him he has to stop running out into open spaces / doing stupid **** without getting cover, he was getting shot at from all angles and just wouldn't listen.

The leader of the group then just kicked him and said he was fed up of him blaming the game. Before you think I'm attacking you again or anything, this is just an example of some players who don't change the way they approach the game.

Anyways as you said, I wont be able to help you enjoy the game. I really don't understand why you would play games that you clearly dont enjoy. Plenty of other stuff out there to try out! No point getting yourself frustrated over something that should be fun!

joe123 wrote:
    We were doing the incursion the last night with a random matchmade group, all of us had mics however one guy just seemed to like doing his own thing and sure enough he started dying more and more.

joe123 wrote:
    Then the excuses came, "Ughh this lag", "this game is so bugged", "how did I die there"

Played with Wonda-Boy a nice bit at the start, he was the guy pulling us through early DZ, I know you said your not saying he's playing wrong. And I'm saying he definitely is not playing wrong.

That Base of Operations Aug is well worth a look. Gear Score is 182 but its really good. Tried it out last night for a bit and think Il stick with it over my Mp7 for a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've gone with that Aug, and it seems to be fairly dependable and usable. I've taken to using over a SMG 9 with higher base DPS, as it behaves better at mid-range.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i think the toughness arguements are valid, but if something was going to need 600k toughness to survive, and you have 200 you'll die. if you go up to 400, you might think you're twice as tough, but you'll still die. i don't think there is an issue with the armorr/toughness as such, more on the hit power of the NPC's at time .

on the flip side, i went from 3 striker/2 sentry/savage to 3 striker/2 final measure. the 50% resilince FM offers definitely makes a huge affect, was much more tanky in the dz and Clear sky last night, especially against the mortars(can survive being hit by all 3 pretty much), and the big fatty flame throwers. took on two of them last night, 4 of us in a team, i was obviously the biggest threat as they both chased me down the street from q building to midtown with the other 3 guys on my team behind them laughing their heads off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Anyone else use the Midas? I use mine quite a bit as my secondary in close quarters and I like it a lot. But I know I'm in the minority.

I got a nice crit chance on mine of 25.50%. I slapped on an extended mag with rate of fire and I ended up with quite the good little gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I use the Midas on my alt character and like it. It's got like a billion bullets in the magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I use the Midas on my alt character and like it. It's got like a billion bullets in the magazine.

Yeah mine has 59 I think, and that's with only 80 something % mag size. I might try crafting more to get that number a little higher.

My main gun, a black market AK only holds 57 :p

Rob2D wrote: »
    Anyone else use the Midas? I use mine quite a bit as my secondary in close quarters and I like it a lot. But I know I'm in the minority.

I got a nice crit chance on mine of 25.50%. I slapped on an extended mag with rate of fire and I ended up with quite the good little gun.

Wasnt really gone on it, I find the MP7 better in terms of mag size and better talents. The Midas is a great gun to sell though. All named weapons sell for more than the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Started an Alt character last night and ran though almost to level 8. great fun actually doing the early missions with crap weapons. It's like a different game to the repeated running them on hard or challenging at level 30.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Jayop wrote: »
    Started an Alt character last night and ran though almost to level 8. great fun actually doing the early missions with crap weapons. It's like a different game to the repeated running them on hard or challenging at level 30.

if you want to rank it up quickly, get a level 30 to run the missions for you, turn on the bonus xp talents, and just run behind them with a small gap. did that with my alt and had it to level 30 in about 4 to 5 hours. depends if you want to work through it or not though

mossym wrote: »
    if you want to rank it up quickly, get a level 30 to run the missions for you, turn on the bonus xp talents, and just run behind them with a small gap. did that with my alt and had it to level 30 in about 4 to 5 hours. depends if you want to work through it or not though

I'm kinda enjoying doing this now but I'll soon get bored of the grind and try to talk/bribe someone into doing that.

182 Aug is a good buy, base DPS is down but better perks over the one 2-3 weeks ago. Well worth the 260 PC credit.

Was in DZ 2-3 for a bit getting manhunt status, made a fortune I tell ya (200K+ for 2-3 hrs work) 2 out of the 4 of us were totally invisible apart from the name after we changed server.....mad glitch that I tell ya. AFAIK, only invisible to group not to server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sorry for such a horrendously noob type question but bear with me.

I love the look of this game, but have never played an multi player online game before. Is this the type of this that I will get killed immediately like GTAV online? Or is it like COD online where I have missed the boat already and everyone has huge xp points already?

Or, and I hope the answer is yes, can I just drop in now and play away?

gimmick wrote: »
    Sorry for such a horrendously noob type question but bear with me.

I love the look of this game, but have never played an multi player online game before. Is this the type of this that I will get killed immediately like GTAV online? Or is it like COD online where I have missed the boat already and everyone has huge xp points already?

Or, and I hope the answer is yes, can I just drop in now and play away?

Game play is closer to gtav but until you get to end game it's tiered so you will only be playing with other noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Well there is the single player PVE element.

It would be ideal to team up with other new players for it though. Even though the online side to begin with will be with other lower ranked players, the chances are that some of them will be leveling alt characters up and thus will have a much better understanding of the mechanics and character builds. Having said that, it is now much easier to gear up a character once you reach the endgame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thanks. Do I need a ps+ account for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Yup.

Advertisement