Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Massive FORCED to admit they have done some huge stealth nerfs in game after one of the best division streamers posts video online. After saying they would not nerf anything and that only buffs would be implemented. Turns out that critical hit chance has been absolutely hammered along with skill power and other small items.

Really really sly manoeuvre on massive part, the last thing they needed to be doing when player base Is falling at an alarming rate. Check out Marcostyle video and reddit for full story.

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE GAME CHANGER NERF!

Also after just one week after the patch massive NERFED THE DROP RATE off all HE GREEN ITEMS, I knew I wasnt going mad!!! So we are all back to the way it was before basically, ****e 163 weapons off bosses in DZ6 along with mods and suppressors and the like with old 204 armour.....so now it's 3 times the work for crap where as before at least you could farm with ease. And any new GS dropping its usually lone star being forced on us.

Also alot of talk of season pass being offered for free (not official) to get players back otherwise what's left will have no one to play with ffs.

Better have compensation for those who already bought SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    critical hit chance has been absolutely hammered

Also after just one week after the patch massive NERFED THE DROP RATE off all HE GREEN ITEMS, I knew I wasnt going mad!!!

Wow that is HUGE.

I main a black market AK with armor destruction, crit healing and skill cooldown, so I have it modded more like an SMG and I pulse constantly. Crit is super important to me.

My friends and I were JUST talking about the lack of greens last night. Same thing here, we knew we weren't going crazy either.

So they increased the drops to get everyone back playing again then went back on it after a week and thought nobody would notice? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Very interesting post on reddit from a dataminer (posted 10 hours ago).

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4n7v3r/a_dataminers_pov_how_reddit_got_it_wrong/

He refutes the nerf to loot drop rates and says there have been no changes since 1.2. I seem to be getting plenty of emerald drops in the darkzone. But then I have been running 5 and 6 more over the last while as I have been running with full teams again.

But then there is the reduced ammo drop's from killing mobs - which confirms what I noticed myself on Monday and Tuesday. I was thinking that I was getting hardly any ammo. Usually if I run low on my smg I switch to my other weapon for a few minutes. The ammo drops always seemed to be weighted towards the gun you did not kill a mob with and if you ran with your secondary for a few minutes you could build up a reserve of smg ammo. But recently I have been unable to build up enough smg ammo for the next landmark or an extraction.

nocal wrote: »
    But recently I have been unable to build up enough smg ammo for the next landmark or an extraction.

Do you use the police backpack trick? Never leave home without it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Rob2D wrote: »
    Wow that is HUGE.

I main a black market AK with armor destruction, crit healing and skill cooldown, so I have it modded more like an SMG and I pulse constantly. Crit is super important to me.

My friends and I were JUST talking about the lack of greens last night. Same thing here, we knew we weren't going crazy either.

So they increased the drops to get everyone back playing again then went back on it after a week and thought nobody would notice? FFS

with an AR you are nowhere near the crit hit chance cap anyway so should be okay? it's smg's that are almost at cap without the pulse

• Advertisement

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4n7v3r/a_dataminers_pov_how_reddit_got_it_wrong/

He refutes the nerf to loot drop rates and says there have been no changes since 1.2. I seem to be getting plenty of emerald drops in the darkzone. But then I have been running 5 and 6 more over the last while as I have been running with full teams again.

confirmed by the devs on the stream this morning, no nerf to drops

Do you use the police backpack trick? Never leave home without it.

On one character I use 2 x Lone Star and 1 x Police backpack. On my alt I am using 2 x Lone Star (just for the ammo re-fills). One of these Lone star pieces has 2 x + 9% ammo capacity mods attached.

I just got another item with + % ammo on my alt - so that will bump the amount of ammo up a bit. The main character can get c. 2000 smg bullets, the alt about 1350. As the alt is much lower DPS (but tankier and with more skill) I find that he is chewing through the ammo.

mossym wrote: »
    confirmed by the devs on the stream this morning, no nerf to drops

All due respect m8 but that is absolute bollocks.....would not believe a word of it. And most of the mainline streamers already have commented on it. So Massive are gonna look like douche bags if they keep it up. I am still getting greens but no where near the drop rate, I would say 1 in 7-8 boss kills are greens.

Deffo nerfed.

TBH, we should have been on 214 weapons for this patch all things not glitched. So Massive are constantly playing catch up now. But giving the glitchers higher guns with the already massive in balance would have been a total fubar. And wreaked havoc on all the non glitched players. So the new armour was released but not the higher weapons.

All due respect m8 but that is absolute bollocks.....would not believe a word of it. I am still getting greens but no where near the drop rate.

Deffo nerfed.

i've been saying for days i'm getting nothing compared to what i was so i'd agree. but they were asked specifically on the stream and said nothing had changed. were quite adamant about it.

whether or not you believe it, well that's a different matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Same dataminer has a new thread based on this mornings maintenance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4nbllu/notes_from_datamine_20160609/
    Top DZ bracket drop changes:
    Increased drop weight of all weapons by 33%
    Decreased drop weight of Gear Set pieces by 60%

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    with an AR you are nowhere near the crit hit chance cap anyway so should be okay?

If the cap is 60% then I'd say with my pulse out I do hit the cap. My base crit chance is 22 or 23%, which I always try to increase whenever I can. And the pulse adds 38% or something like that???

With the skill cooldown if I'm going well with the AK I'll usually have another pulse ready to go more or less when the previous one runs out. So I'd say I'm easily at the cap most of the time.

If the cap is 60% then I'd say with my pulse out I do hit the cap. My base crit chance is 22 or 23%, which I always try to increase whenever I can. And the pulse adds 38% or something like that???

With the skill cooldown if I'm going well with the AK I'll usually have another pulse ready to go more or less when the previous one runs out. So I'd say I'm easily at the cap most of the time.

so pre nerf, with the pulse, you got to 60& or jsut above it. now with pulse you are getting pretty much the same, so no real change, maybe a couple of %

someone using an smg and savage gloves could have been close to 60 without pulse (25+ on the smg, 13 on the gloves, add in mods), and could have gotten to 100 with pulse. now with the same gear the pulse is no use..

for you the nerf is a good thing, it has served to close the gap to SMG users if you are an AR user

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think the game is on its last legs...I must have about 20 friends for the division and I'm lucky to see 2-3 of them on a night. And at the start all were massive division fans but just fell away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Blazer wrote: »
    I think the game is on its last legs...I must have about 20 friends for the division and I'm lucky to see 2-3 of them on a night. And at the start all were massive division fans but just fell away.

i`d come back if i was offered something free.

I still like the game but i fell so far behind when my character got deleted in that first batch of glitches, like it was small stuff like i had collected all the colectibles, drones, images, phones, etc. like thats almost 300 pieces of intel.

i was so mad i stayed off a week or two and by the time i came back i couldnt play with any of the boards guys.. as i was first so badly under lvled then so badly undergerared.

and i was so excited for this game lol.. I was the one that set up the bloody psn chat group when it came out sigh.... rant over

Yeah, if I had a character deleted I would have snapped big time. I really would have.....it really is a massive shame (pun inteneded) as the game had the potential to be absolutely HUGE.

If i get one more 163 handgun from a DZ 6 boss I will top myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If i get one more 163 handgun from a DZ 6 boss I will top myself!

Just don't use one of those handguns because it'll never finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

All due respect m8 but that is absolute bollocks.....would not believe a word of it. And most of the mainline streamers already have commented on it. So Massive are gonna look like douche bags if they keep it up. I am still getting greens but no where near the drop rate, I would say 1 in 7-8 boss kills are greens.

Deffo nerfed.

TBH, we should have been on 214 weapons for this patch all things not glitched. So Massive are constantly playing catch up now. But giving the glitchers higher guns with the already massive in balance would have been a total fubar. And wreaked havoc on all the non glitched players. So the new armour was released but not the higher weapons.

Again, I really don't understand why you still play this game. It comes across that you really don't enjoy it and 90% of your posts are complaining about this or that.

Just on Marco Style, he actually apologised on stream yesterday, he said he actually believes now that his friend lied to him ( who said that he had talked to developers about nerfs)

I also feel you are exaggerating slightly, I was only on last night and picked up plenty of 204 weapons and the only 163 stuff I got was from chests. The loot drops are really good since 1.2

My first three drops last night were three green sealed caches. Granted two of them ended up being 214 stuff but the third was a nice 240 strikers mask.

A good hour+ grinding and you will definitely pick up some good stuff.

As far as the datamining goes, while it is a solid look into some of the behind the scenes coding, its already been confirmed that a lot of stuff has been moved server side.

The developers have no reason to lie about that type of thing.

These guys arent stupid and they know plenty of datamining goes on out there. They event talked about it in yesterdays stream. There really is a lot of tin foil hat stuff going around. And people love to complain. Combine the two and what do you get?

joe123 wrote: »
    Again, I really don't understand why you still play this game. It comes across that you really don't enjoy it and 90% of your posts are complaining about this or that.

The game is a horrible broken mess and we really should all give up on it. But it can also be fun. Simples.
    As far as the datamining goes, while it is a solid look into some of the behind the scenes coding, its already been confirmed that a lot of stuff has been moved server side.

These guys arent stupid and they know plenty of datamining goes on out there. They event talked about it in yesterdays stream. There really is a lot of tin foil hat stuff going around. And people love to complain. Combine the two and what do you get?

They seem to be able to configure stuff on the server side for testing or quick fixes, and push the configurations out to the client side to reduce server communication. The files that were data mined were just updated yesterday morning. It would be weird if they had no relevance.

The accusation isnt that they're liars, its that they're inept completely in over their heads at this point.

The game is a horrible broken mess and we really should all give up on it. But it can also be fun. Simples.

They seem to be able to configure stuff on the server side for testing or quick fixes, and push the configurations out to the client side to reduce server communication. The files that were data mined were just updated yesterday morning. It would be weird if they had no relevance.

The accusation isnt that they're liars, its that they're inept completely in over their heads at this point.

No need for the hyperbole really but its part and parcel of the internet I suppose. The game has some issues for sure, but its far from a broken mess. I never said that they had no relevance so not sure where you pulled that from.

Of course they give an insight but we dont have visibility on everything. It would actually be great if we had but for obvious reasons we simply don't.

Games like this really suffer from the salt of the net imo. It is too easy to be influenced by what one reads or sees online.
    Tbh if reading reddit is lessening your experience or view of the game - simply stop reading it and just get stuck in to the game.
    I tend to avoid reading a lot of the complaint threads.

But the other problem imo is that as the game quietens down and you are not running with the same crew anymore the fun factor can decrease.

• Advertisement

One thing the game badly needs is a way to save loadouts/builds. With the way loot drops now you are picking up some good 240 gear but for the most part it just sits in your stash.

Would be nice to be able to build for example a "final measure PVE" build and save it. You'd have everything saved from the gear to weapons and mods and you could then just switch into that gear instantly.

The way it is at the minute is very messy and sort of puts you off experimenting with different builds.

No need for the hyperbole really but its part and parcel of the internet I suppose.

Nope. I stand by it completely. I do feel all the bugs, glitches, expolits, cheating, lack of content and how things have been handled by the developers have been a complete mess so far.

I am enjoying playing it, but hate how much time I've put into it. The game was released months too early, and I don't have faith in the future of the game.

Nope. I stand by it completely. I do feel all the bugs, glitches, expolits, cheating, lack of content and how things have been handled by the developers have been a complete mess so far.

I am enjoying playing it, but hate how much time I've put into it. The game was released months too early, and I don't have faith in the future of the game.

Well thats fair enough if you feel like that but I think its a big over reaction. Not sure when you last played but cheating has been clamped down on big time over the last month and it now results in a perma ban for first time offenders.

Its rare you will come across someone cheating on PC now and they don't last long if they are found cheating. Zero cheating on consoles since launch.

The glitches/exploits really were bad after the release of 1.1 and was probably one of the reasons they went so generous with loot for 1.2. Those exploits have now been fixed. At this point there are very few exploits and those that are still there, arent even worth doing.

For bugs, sure there still are a few issues, combat medic breaking smart cover, occasional heals not coming through but for the most part these are far and few between and hardly game breaking.

1.2 has been a good step in the right direction for adding more content. As a loot grinding game I still enjoy running round the DZ even, so I suppose that's a personal preference really. A game can always do with more stuff.

If you compare this game though to others, the amount of hours Ive spent on it has already surpassed 99% of other games Ive played. Many modern day games you are lucky to get 20 hours out of them and Id reckon most that are still playing the division have now 150+. Thats a fairly good investment and there is still more content to come.

Just on Marco Style, he actually apologised on stream yesterday, he said he actually believes now that his friend lied to him ( who said that he had talked to developers about nerfs)

I also feel you are exaggerating slightly, I was only on last night and picked up plenty of 204 weapons and the only 163 stuff I got was from chests. The loot drops are really good since 1.2

My first three drops last night were three green sealed caches. Granted two of them ended up being 214 stuff but the third was a nice 240 strikers mask.

A good hour+ grinding and you will definitely pick up some good stuff.

If you go back and read this thread from start to finish you will see I was one of the biggest admirers of this game. I have bought the season pass and all available content. The fact that I still play it now in this state ( and you are wearing blinkers if you think this game is running fine with a few hiccups) only re-enforces the fact that I really loved it. I play this game 6-7 hrs a day so I am not exaggerating anything. If you are experiencing none of this then bully for you but I think you are choosing to gloss over the terrible state of the game.

It doesnt matter what I say Joe, if you are having fun playing the game then happy out. The game is in gibblets and what I say is not just my opinion its FACT. I read, watch and play hours of content and everything I have experienced is fact I am exaggerating nothing. So are the 12 lads I constantly play with. And no doubt alot of others in the thread, yes I am being very negative about the game recently but all justified some of the **** that happened with this game from day one is laughable for a studio of this size.

I too am getting green items and green chests, I never said they were not dropping I said the drop rates were NERFed and they were by 66% and I know for a fact that is correct. As I posted the day the patch came out if you re-read the thread that after a few hours I had 3 agents with their stashes stuffed with green armour such was the drop rate and it was me that said this was not sustainable. it has not been like that since. I do believe however that they have increased the drop rate from the back lash recently.

Again, I never said that I was not getting 204 weapons, you really need to stop picking the bones of my posts dude but we are getting a terrible amount of crap 163 weapons and armour that was not meant to drop off DZ 6 bosses. It makes the game extremely frustrating for players especially solo or duo players taking 25 mins to say kill the Mid Town Music posse for a 163 magnum and a level 30 stamina mod ffs!

I am not reading crap off reddit (and there is alot) and typing it up here, I am experiencing this from hours playtime every single night so are the majority of lads I am playing with. Sure I was playing today in clear sky and my tacticians build would not proc! But then again I really dont know WTF I am doing.

So Marco posted up what seems a really good guide for CM mode clear sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCx_Xm2H6Y

I havent even tried it yet but if any xbox lads are on for it at any stage give me a shout. Gamer tag is kirk the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

first experience of this in the DZ today, "Tank build + sticky bomb" equipped, put all of my AR and SMG bullets into him, with fire and explosive rounds, just ran around in circle until sticky bomb charged, fired it, kill team mate, run around more, sticky bomb, rinse and repeat.

really do need a loadout build feature, so could customise a set to counteract that, cause its ****ing annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For my $.02 (as a cranky old bastage). I'm still enjoying the game a lot, yes it's full of bugs (some of them truly face-palm-worthy) but the base is great. It looks fantastic, the sound is pretty great and the gunplay a surprisingly good mix of tactical and reflex. If only they could actually think about their patches in advance, and...I dunno....test things?.... Some of it is tedious (I still stand by my previous piss off with Joe on the Intel missions ;) ) but it as so many awesome ingame moments that I keep coming back. 1.2 was a big improvement to PvE imho and was absolutely necessary.
    I loved PvP in general but not currently with this. the DZ promotes being an asshole, plain and simple, it was great in initial release (I levelled to DZ 50 solo in about a week, loved it and the tension, even the times that tension left me dead) but since then it got so group focused it put me off. I do have friends who play but this is far from their main game so grouping is rare. I accept that the DZ is a different place now and some love it, but I do miss those times. If you want to succeed now in there you need a good regular group or you need to not mind going rogue (which I do, competing is great, but the backstabbing nature of this just doesn't work for me...won't apologise for that but I won't compromise it either).

Anyway, it's good to read some emotional posts about the game, even if conflicting. It seems the general consensus is the base is something pretty damn special. It's the details that divide us, but those they can eventually patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hackers ruined it for me so I stopped playing. By the time it got fixed I logged on and I was running about in a circular route in the DZ mowing down the same named NPC I just killed 5 minutes earlier and then I questioned what the f*ck I was doing with my life and logged out and haven't been back. Haven't even had an inclination to go back in fact.

It was fun whilst it lasted but it was over just as quickly. I'm surprised in fact to see this thread light up so often with new content. Genuinely amazed anyone could still be playing it.

first experience of this in the DZ today, "Tank build + sticky bomb" equipped, put all of my AR and SMG bullets into him, with fire and explosive rounds, just ran around in circle until sticky bomb charged, fired it, kill team mate, run around more, sticky bomb, rinse and repeat.

really do need a loadout build feature, so could customise a set to counteract that, cause its ****ing annoying

Yeah it was a pain in the arse. I've actually switched up to wear two piece final measure which is 50% exotic damage resilience. Works mighty against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Decided to do falcon lost for old times sake ( with a bunch of randoms)as I think i have eventually put together a half good load out and i wanted to test it out. I have 3 sentry, 2 final measure and one other random. 170/260/28 stats but with 32% increase in elite damage and 50% elite damage mitigation. I know my health isn't the greatest but my 204 smg9 has self preserved and health on kill so i thought this will keep me going and fair enough we all got to wave 13 not a problem i only went down only once i think. So things going great was already putting on my 240gs gear item in my head :) ... Then boom we were all taken down with a rocket we all bunched up and it took us all down. Arhhhhhh so much for 50% damage mitigation :( All quit at the same time.

But staying on topic with the last few posts i am really enjoying this game i have put in some serious hours into it. I think the draw is trying to get the best set up and gear, i don't think anybody's happy with their set up and is always striving for that elusive piece and that's what makes people just to do one more mission. But when you make a breakthrough and you can breeze (relatively) through Russian consulate on challenging there is great satisfaction in that.

I do think though new content is due now me areas of the city too open up it will be great. Regarding the dz i think it's what it should be, tough, edgy and a place for big boys were you need backup not just a bit harder version of the main city there would be no challenge to that. I know there as some arseholes who jump loners but if you go in solo then that's the risk you have to take and trying to extract with a mob of 15 elites trying to stop you as well :)

Re. bugs they are a couple but none i think that are major really, minor enough in my experience certainly not game breaking.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Advertisement