Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really dont mind coming up against Sticky bomb tank builds TBH, Guys the EMP grenade are vastly overlooked. They are so good and leave the dude useless....changed my build around again. Really hard to settle on a build but for the moment I am super tanky and good damage with a nice level of Skill Power.

I have 2 Stiker for the perk, 2 sentry for that perk and 2 Final measure. All items capped that need to be (mitigation etc) After about 50 rolls got a really nice M1a and I have a vector with the same damage as the BoO Aug with self preserved, brutal and Fierce.

So currently 240DPS, 475TGH w/ 20K Skill.... its working really well & the pulse really ups the DPS so its great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant understand how anyone is still playing this,theres nothing to do after you hit max level and grab some decent gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

People really hate on this game and I don't see why, this is from a PS4 standpoint btw, PC players must be annoyed because of the hacking.

Yeah it was a bit content light at the start and the PVE world was not used but they are trying very hard to do things better.

The PVE world with the HVT missions is pretty cool, nice drops.
    Clear Sky is a step forward (but still not there yet.)
    Multi Builds now work not just Firearms.
    Weapon balancing so Assault Rifles and Shotguns are more viable not just SMG and Marksman Rifles.
    New Dark Zone bracket for higher levels dropping 204 weapons and Emerald Gear.

These are direct fixes for user complaints, not many companies do these kind of fixes so quickly.

Anyone who has played an MMO before will tell you that most of the time it takes months to fix things. Warcraft for WOD was down for days before you could play it and there has been no content for a year now and you still have to play full price for each expansion and a sub. Guild Wars 2 was ok till the level cap and we were told "go explore" so basically see the rest of the map. If you are coming from a shooter background then well you are getting the same COD each year and you still pay full price for some new maps.

They are doing regular content updates and the 1st expansion is the end of this month. I think this is great and I am looking forward to the rest of the expansions this year.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dcully wrote: »
    Cant understand how anyone is still playing this,theres nothing to do after you hit max level and grab some decent gear.

Maybe they enjoy playing, and have fun in the game.

Same crap argument made regarding Destiny so much too - if people enjoy playing, it doesn't matter if there isn't something new to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Same crap argument made regarding Destiny so much too - if people enjoy playing, it doesn't matter if there isn't something new to do.

I agree here.

I gave up before the first Incursion and haven't been back yet but I don't go telling others they shouldn't play it. I had fun for the time I played it but for me I just want to relax playing a game and I was just getting bogged down in stats and spending all my time comparing guns and armour.

Lots of the guys I play with still play and are still enjoying it. I know if I ever get back to playing it they'll donate some gear and give me a hand getting up to speed now.

I used to mainly play single player games on the 360 and on the One the majority of my time has been spent on Destiny and Division and I enjoy playing with friends and having a good laugh and that's what games like The Division gives you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

We need a common enemy. Maybe EA could butcher another Sims release. Then we can all come together around the pitchfork fires :)

How is it a crap argument?

The game lacks content,everyone knows that even the devs constantly mention it yet you spin it as a crap argument :rolleyes:

I love the game,put a lot of hours into it but it needs more , a hell of a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

When you say hit max level - what do you mean? Lvl 30? DZ99 or GS228?

If you say there is nothing to do once you hit Lvl 30 then you are mistaken.

There are 2 daily hard missions and 1 challenging.
    There are 2 incurions with hard and challenging modes. There are intel missions and Daily and Weekly High Value Targets.

There are now 6 gear sets in the game which give you some variety on how to set up and play your character.

And there is the Dark Zone - but maybe you had trouble surviving in there?

I hope they merge the PS4 and XBOX servers like they are doing in a few games if the population dips too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How is it a crap argument?

The game lacks content,everyone knows that even the devs constantly mention it yet you spin it as a crap argument :rolleyes:

I love the game,put a lot of hours into it but it needs more , a hell of a lot more.

Its a crap argument because there doesn't have to be new content in order for people to play the game. I still play Destiny despite having 3 characters at 335 - I play it cause I enjoy the mechanics of the game. I don't need (but would like) new content to push me to play.

How did people sink hours into PES6 - there was nothing new to do after the day of release? How about GTA3? How about Golden Eye? They continued to play cause they had fun playing and messing around the game that was already there. There doesn't need to be new content to play - you can replay the same content, with friends, having fun - mucking around in the Dark Zone etc.

People can simply derive enjoyment from the current game world, and playing with other people. How you can't understand that, is sad.

If your 'enjoyment' from games comes purely from playing actively new content or grinding towards a number, then the behavioral psychologists must use people like you as a template.

• Advertisement

If your 'enjoyment' from games comes purely from playing actively new content or grinding towards a number, then the behavioral psychologists must use people like you as a template.

Ah good man , resort to personal attacks.
    What exactly is your beef? apart from discussing a game.
    Why the aggressive tone?

Back on topic, my point is a loot based game needs a lot of content, an mmo needs a lot of content, if your happy running around in circles in DZ killing the same mobs over and over and maybe running a few repetitive ai scripted missions or incursions then I'm happy for you, the rest of us who have played loot based games,rpg games and mmo games for years expect more, I fail to see your problem with that.

Take my advice, don't take gaming so seriously, don't take a gaming forum so seriously either.
    If people have a different opinion than you ,accept it and move on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Dcully wrote:
    Take my advice, don't take gaming so seriously, don't take a gaming forum so seriously either. If people have a different opinion than you ,accept it and move on

Well couldn't you like you know just take your own advice?....maybe....no... Possibly

Incidentally I kind of agree with your post about it being a bit light but if Ppl find it fun great.

Also for what it's worth posts like "I can't believe Ppl still play this game" etc. Tend to draw personal attacks and entrenched defense of games.

But in my opinion you are probably well aware of that fact already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Clearly not actual gameplay because that shotgun guy didn't kill him and he was only 5 feet away :D

TBH, the PvP element is alot better now. The battles last alot longer now that the crit nerfs and better builds are coming into play. Alot of diversity with builds....before no matter how good or bad you were most PvP battles lasted about 30 secs before one of you died or got taken out by groups.

Its possible alot more now to survive a 3v1 and 4v4 battles can get very tactical, now when a player dies in a 4v4 chances are they can make it back from the safe house to the fight if you group is skilled enough.

DZ is the only thing keeping me playing and thats just the manhunt element go for it and hunting them. I play 4v4 alot and had some cracking battles lately, Ai is still a joke for many reasons and bugs can do you head in (like now when you shoot the ground for a heal it goes about 10m left or right or goes straight through the ground lol)

Back on topic, my point is a loot based game needs a lot of content, an mmo needs a lot of content, if your happy running around in circles in DZ killing the same mobs over and over and maybe running a few repetitive ai scripted missions or incursions then I'm happy for you, the rest of us who have played loot based games,rpg games and mmo games for years expect more, I fail to see your problem with that.

First things first your tone is very condescending, but I guess that this is the internet! we will have to put up with that.

I agree that mmo's and loot bases games needs lots of content but if you look at the biggest loot game made by the biggest MMO company Blizzard. Diablo then that is a massive MASSIVE grind of the same dungeons and the same areas and the same mobs and people still enjoy it as the game play is enjoyable.

You may say that its good that you can level a Monk then do a Barbarian it makes it different, but you have to level the character again through the same areas. At least in division you can swap a gear set and weapons and you can play a different style.

MMO content is another story, no content for WOW for a year and people still may 15 a month to play that is crazy. If you want to talk about other MMO's we can go there as well but WOW is the best example.

I hope you are enjoying the game you are playing at the moment and I hope you like it more then you do The Division.

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ah good man , resort to personal attacks.
    What exactly is your beef? apart from discussing a game.
    Why the aggressive tone?

Take my advice, don't take gaming so seriously, don't take a gaming forum so seriously either.
    If people have a different opinion than you ,accept it and move on :)

If anything you were the one that came across as a bit aggressive imo. Also you were quite condescending to the poster.

As someone else said, if you enjoy the gameplay then who cares if you still enjoy it. Same can be said for many games. FIFA is the same thing over and over, it doesn't stop people playing it.

So new expansion is coming to BOTH XB1 and PC on the 28th June (Official) and to the rest of us inbreds on PS4 on August 2nd!!! Thats over 30 days after the other 2 platforms which kinda sucks TBH.

These exclusive deals are a terrible idea, I can understand maybe small games trying to get finances but AAA titles that are gonna sell like hot cakes getting sown up like this only pisses people off and alienate other console users.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So new expansion is coming to BOTH XB1 and PC on the 28th June (Official) and to the rest of us inbreds on PS4 on August 2nd!!! Thats over 30 days after the other 2 platforms which kinda sucks TBH.

These exclusive deals are a terrible idea, I can understand maybe small games trying to get finances but AAA titles that are gonna sell like hot cakes getting sown up like this only pisses people off and alienate other console users.

100% agree.

Imagine how bad it is for Destiny players on Xbox with their exclusive deal deal with PlayStation:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I for one will enjoy lording it over all you PS4 plebs with my early DLC!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Jayop wrote: »
    I for one will enjoy lording beta-testing it over for all you PS4 plebs users with my early DLC!! ;)

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've never liked these exclusive deals either. Was the beginning of the end for me with COD tbh, although not the only reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

They NEED to make the AR/Shotgun buff apply to PvP. Otherwise people are just going to keep using SMG's because most people are geared up for crit chance now anyway. They won't need to change.

At least I can look forward to using my Hungry Hog more. I have had it all modded up for a while now in anticipation of this patch :pac:

Have to say the 4 new gearsets are pretty interesting and I can see them being utilised very well in PvP and team battles. 3 are know and the 4th is only available in the DZ vendors.

AREKKZ has the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have to say the 4 new gearsets are pretty interesting and I can see them being utilised very well in PvP and team battles. 3 are know and the 4th is only available in the DZ vendors.

AREKKZ has the video.

Was reading on reddit that "Frontline" is still being looked at and won't be deployed for 1.3

The Blind Gear set looks really strong.It will be interesting to see if the older gearsets can drop with the higher gear score. I was wondering would they leave some of them behind especially the original gear sets such as Sentry and Strikers due to them still being the go to choices.

Im still waiting for them to announce a way to save different loadouts/builds. The more gear sets we have and with the higher drops of loot, it is badly needed.

Would be really nice to put builds together and be able to give them a custom name and play around with them without totally dismantling your main build. Ones for Pve, PVP, Skillpower builds etc.

New final headset revealed, it's a support class headset. 100% station speed healing and perks for consumables for the whole team with 3 and 4 pieces. Looks decent set....overall good headsets not focused on DPS and killing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

No way...... Has anyone tested this?:

Absolutely believe this 100%, same with actual drops. Ever notice the way you might get one particular gun on a server constantly like magnum hand guns constantly. Well I tested this out, getting the same guns all the time so I changed server and that stopped but I was getting another type of gun constantly.

So go on a server and if you are getting smgs stay on that server, or snipers. If you are getting sawn off double barrells change server.

Everything in this game is a set rota for a particular time or day.

I found the same with rolling blueprints deffo a pattern

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

My crew I play with are all flat out on overwatch now. The last week or so I've been reduced to logging on, running the daily challenge mission and heading into the DZ solo to do the daily DZ for the 7500xp. It's really tough now because it's all groups of 4 going rogue in the lower DZ's essentially trolling the place. I've got to the point now where I don't even bother trying to extract unless I get something exceptional. Managed to get a 240 set of gloves out last night.

So for gear sets what are we thinking? I tried to run 4 Nomad and 2 striker last night. Took a big DPS hit but the health went way up. The bonus for Nomad is that you come back to life if killed, but I tried it in a mission and just died. Must only work when you're soloing the DZ.

Advertisement