Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really torn about getting this for my PS4 or PC, worried my PC wont handle the game TBH. I have seen the minimum and recommended spec from Ubisoftinthehead and that means nothing from previous experience of specs from devs usually you need a high end machine to get the best from it.

I know it will run it but I dont want a slow stuttery ****e fest. TBH, I think I am answering my own question here....prolly better of on PS4.

PC Spec:
    i5 2500k @ 3.8Ghz, 8 GB fast RAM and HD6990....?

Is this the same version as the GOLD EDITION.....would not dream of buying it from this shower but they have it listed....disgrace of a shop.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/53356/tom-clancys-the-division-sleeper-agent-edition

Boards is soooooooooooo slow now and duplicates posts on the fly it seems......edit to delete same post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Is this the same version as the GOLD EDITION.....would not dream of buying it from this shower but they have it listed....disgrace of a shop.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/53356/tom-clancys-the-division-sleeper-agent-edition

No that's the Collectors Edition. Has some sort of watch and stuff with it. That's £99 or £129 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

If Ubisoft sold the Sleeper Agent Edition minus the season pass, I would go for that.

• Advertisement

• Shiminay wrote: »
    Thing is, as it's an MMO, the servers (as well as UPlay) are more than likely going to be broken as funk on launch day, so delays in the thing in the post may not be terrible :P

This is one of my biggest problems with this game.

Have the devs come out to explicitly call it this?
    It's a really sneaky way to market the game if it isn't.
    Calling it a "online shooter" is just so vague but they can easily appeal to a wider audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

One thing I am watching like a hawk is the campaign completion time. It better not be Destiny campaign 2.0.

I am not buying into a season pass for invisible content that comes out sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Shiminay wrote: »
    Thing is, as it's an MMO, the servers (as well as UPlay) are more than likely going to be broken as funk on launch day, so delays in the thing in the post may not be terrible :P

It is not a MMO. It is a lite-MMO. From what I understand, you assemble your team in a safe-zone where other players are roaming, buying gear, upgrading items, etc., and you 'head out' from there. These safe-zones are quite small. You can play the entire game by yourself, if you choose to. But yes, the server factor is a concern whether you are playing it alone or with friends/strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like the Beta codes are currently being sent out but not sure if it's just for people who pre-ordered or the lottery beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

If you log into your Uplay account and go to the beta section the Beta Key should be in there!

https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/beta-access

That link should bring you to the right area.

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    If you log into your Uplay account and go to the beta section the Beta Key should be in there!

https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/beta-access

That link should bring you to the right area.

"You don't have access to any beta's at the moment" :(

Ubi put on FB that the first round of codes have now been sent so I take it they are for the people who pre-ordered AND on XBOX as they get the beta earlier. That's a good link to keep an eye on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    "You don't have access to any beta's at the moment" :(

Ubi put on FB that the first round of codes have now been sent so I take it they are for the people who pre-ordered AND on XBOX as they get the beta earlier. That's a good link to keep an eye on anyway.

I've got my beta access code for PS4.

I've got my beta access code for PS4.

Did you preorder or try the lottery beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Did you preorder or try the lottery beta?

Pre-ordered on Amazon the other day, when you could get the Gold edition for €60 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't get a code as I pre ordered off PSN so didn't need one but it's up there to download now.

26.1GB and likely a patch or 2

If anyone is stuck just buy it off PSN and cancel after the weekend, you not charged until the week of release.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/tom-clancy's-the-division-beta/cid=EP0001-CUSA03058_00-BETATEST00000001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Just to let everyone know, you can start pre-loading The Division on uPlay. Mine is currently downloading and the total size is 26.2gb.

375955.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wow, that's a large Beta file

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

No it's not...:confused: final game will probably weigh in around 50-60 GB I'd say.

Pre-ordered on PS4, downloading the beta now and will cancel my pre-order then. Even if I decide to buy it, I'd prefer to have a physical copy of this.

If it works come Friday midday (as it says that's when it will start our time) and I get a code in the mean time, I'll post it here in case anyone doesn't want to or can't do the pre-order trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Pre-ordered on PS4, downloading the beta now and will cancel my pre-order then. Even if I decide to buy it, I'd prefer to have a physical copy of this.

If it works come Friday midday (as it says that's when it will start our time) and I get a code in the mean time, I'll post it here in case anyone doesn't want to or can't do the pre-order trick.

Do you know if you would get refunded if you already have money on your account? I assume they would take it straight away then.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Do you know if you would get refunded if you already have money on your account? I assume they would take it straight away then.

They don't take the money from you until the 6th of March so you should be good if you cancel before then. I only have a tenner in my account and it worked fine, didn't add any extra money to my wallet or anything.

They don't take the money from you until the 6th of March so you should be good if you cancel before then. I only have a tenner in my account and it worked fine, didn't add any extra money to my wallet or anything.

Ah cool, thanks!

I just cancelled my pre-order there, no money changed hands at all and my beta is still trying to access the server so looks good for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Where do you pre order?

Fol20 wrote: »
    Where do you pre order?

On the PSN store, go to 'Coming Soon' section or search The Division. click pre-order, then when you search again, a beta ill be available to download now and will go live Friday.

I just cancelled my pre-order there, no money changed hands at all and my beta is still trying to access the server so looks good for Friday.

Yeah, worked for me too, didn't even wait for the beta to finish downloading, thanks.

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, worked for me too, didn't even wait for the beta to finish downloading, thanks.

Remember that before you gank me in the Dark Zone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Ah ok, can you do the same on the xbone store?

Fol20 wrote: »
    Ah ok, can you do the same on the xbone store?

Sorry, no idea. Maybe an xboxxer here can answer that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Remember that before you gank me in the Dark Zone :o

Send him some small metal cylinders in rapid succession ;)

Advertisement