Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

DPS is dead now tbh, before the patch it was king. 200DPS is fine now with skill power build with a decent amount of toughness, against Ai it really doesnt matter what toughness you are as you will go down the same time not matter what you are, but you really notice it against PvP.....

I am running 2 sentry 2 striker and 2 final measure and it works well, decent DPS with high toughness and around 18K skill.

Last 2 days the lads in my group cannot get either sentry or striker to work, so they are now running 3 of 1 and 2 of the other with a decent healing chest piece. Also in the subway you cannot shoot the ground for team to heal it will not work (another bug ffs) so be careful if fighting down there. We found out the hard way today when we were 4v3 and LOST!!! Could not heal properly.....:rolleyes:

I see they have already pulled the ballistic GS from 1.3 as it does not WORK!!! The Ballistic shield is bugged now so rather then fix the problem now they pull it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Jayop wrote: »
    I tried to run 4 Nomad and 2 striker last night. Took a big DPS hit but the health went way up. The bonus for Nomad is that you come back to life if killed, but I tried it in a mission and just died. Must only work when you're soloing the DZ.

I'm running this at the moment and I quite like it. You get a good mix of everything which is nice if you're often on your own.

I believe the problem with Nomad is that if there's any bit of lag at all or if you take a lot of damage very fast, you can die before the perk has a chance to activate.

Hopefully they can fix that somehow. It has saved me quite a few times though. It's great to save you from fire, gas or snipers. Things with steady damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

My crew I play with are all flat out on overwatch now. The last week or so I've been reduced to logging on, running the daily challenge mission and heading into the DZ solo to do the daily DZ for the 7500xp. It's really tough now because it's all groups of 4 going rogue in the lower DZ's essentially trolling the place. I've got to the point now where I don't even bother trying to extract unless I get something exceptional. Managed to get a 240 set of gloves out last night.

So for gear sets what are we thinking? I tried to run 4 Nomad and 2 striker last night. Took a big DPS hit but the health went way up. The bonus for Nomad is that you come back to life if killed, but I tried it in a mission and just died. Must only work when you're soloing the DZ.

Aim for at least 350k Toughness, 170k DPS and 20k Skill Power. The better your gear, just keep increasing that. Once you get to 400k or thereabouts you are fairly solid. Just make sure your Armor mitigation is at 75% before even worrying about your health. As for the gear sets, 2 Final measure is very handy in terms of survivability as it increases Exotic Damage resilience. After that, its down to choice. Nomad is rubbish and probably the worst gear set going in my opinion. Its only use is to switch into it when stocking up on ammo.

Why don't you just use the matchmaking if you are on your own? You can matchmake by going into your map, it takes 10 seconds and you are usually with a group.

95% of the time I use the matchmake system. Ran the Clear Sky Challenge Mode incursion with a random group the last day and it was one of the most organised teams I was ever with in any game. Was great fun doing it. Took us a few attempts but once we got our tactics down it was brilliant. Got a pretty cool looking riot jacket from it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

joe123 wrote: »
    Aim for at least 350k Toughness, 170k DPS and 20k Skill Power. The better your gear, just keep increasing that. Once you get to 400k or thereabouts you are fairly solid. Just make sure your Armor mitigation is at 75% before even worrying about your health. As for the gear sets, 2 Final measure is very handy in terms of survivability as it increases Exotic Damage resilience. After that, its down to choice. Nomad is rubbish and probably the worst gear set going in my opinion. Its only use is to switch into it when stocking up on ammo.

Why don't you just use the matchmaking if you are on your own? You can matchmake by going into your map, it takes 10 seconds and you are usually with a group.

95% of the time I use the matchmake system. Ran the Clear Sky Challenge Mode incursion with a random group the last day and it was one of the most organised teams I was ever with in any game. Was great fun doing it. Took us a few attempts but once we got our tactics down it was brilliant. Got a pretty cool looking riot jacket from it too.

My figures are awful. I must have made a balls of my gear when I rolled them. My DPS is usually around 200k but my toughness is only at 170 so I'm soft as butter to kill. Gear score is around 216 so it's not ****e gear. My weapons are dragging that down too because I'm using two 180 weapons.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I see they have already pulled the ballistic GS from 1.3 as it does not WORK!!! The Ballistic shield is bugged now so rather then fix the problem now they pull it altogether.

You're always complaining :P

Don't think it was meant to be in it, they said that at the start and that it was just part of the E3 showcase. They've also stated the stats shown on gear pieces are not the final builds either. The Reclaimer gear set looks very overpowered at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes there.

• Advertisement

My figures are awful. I must have made a balls of my gear when I rolled them. My DPS is usually around 200k but my toughness is only at 170 so I'm soft as butter to kill. Gear score is around 216 so it's not ****e gear. My weapons are dragging that down too because I'm using two 180 weapons.

Check out this video below, it has everything you need to put together a good build. Rolling armor on gear is essential for most pieces is the gist of it. With 1.3 just around the corner, I wouldnt suggest wasting materials on crafting at the moment, there is a big update to gun balancing too. Big changes for SMG's as well as all guns running with a perk now.

Assault rifles have armor shred, SMGs have crit dmg instead of Crit chance etc.

Just on that about teh SMG and Assault rifle, if I'm taking down AI in the DZ am I as well using an Assault rifle first and switching to SMG then to take them down.

I took yer man at the library last night by staying way up the street and sniping him. Took me about 60 shots to down him.

Just on that about teh SMG and Assault rifle, if I'm taking down AI in the DZ am I as well using an Assault rifle first and switching to SMG then to take them down.

I took yer man at the library last night by staying way up the street and sniping him. Took me about 60 shots to down him.

No those weapon perks such as Armor Shred are only coming in when 1.3 drops. For now you are best going with what you feel most comfortable using, what has the best weapon talents etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rob2D wrote: »
    No way...... Has anyone tested this?:

I don't believe any of it. For years PCs, servers and home PCs alike have had true random number generators in hardware, utilising truly random effects such as thermal noise.

You can read a detailed description of the on Intel use here:

http://electronicdesign.com/learning-resources/understanding-intels-ivy-bridge-random-number-generator

Given that there's already a free source of random numbers to use, someone would have to explicitly go out of their way to code it to use something like the system clock. And equally, if the system clock was used, there'd likely be larger variance in the items rolled, unless they had the exact same seed, and turned out identical.

This is someone taking a small and invalid sample size, and adding a huge dose of bias confirmation to blow it up into a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

joe123 wrote: »
    Nomad is rubbish and probably the worst gear set going in my opinion.

But it has orange bits....

• Advertisement

And you are Tom Cruise Joe, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! Lmao

204 Aug blueprint in the DZ vendors along with the M1A blueprint.....just have to farm for tools and weapon parts now! Already rolled 10 Augs not even close to a decent roll.

Ahh the joys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

higher level weapons coming next week, i wouldn't be wasting your materials until you see what comes.

ah, sorry, ps4. craft away...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

mossym wrote: »
    higher level weapons coming next week, i wouldn't be wasting your materials until you see what comes.

A bit too late for me :( out of boredom and too many credits I bought two hunters faith blue prints as an experiment today and wasted a pile of mats to craft them.... My aim is to have 3 sentry and 3 hunters faith that will give me 40% damage to elites. My 204 mp7 has ferocious that gives me 14% to elites then one or two other perks gives me another 20% around. So in the end up I well hopefully have over 70% damage to elites :). This is an experiment so I don't know what it will do for my toughness or skills but I'm short fabric ATM to craft the finial piece.

Am I mad?....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Am I mad?....

very pve focused, you'll do nothing against other players, but stick to the incursions and dz05/06 and it should be pretty strong. don't forget though, you'll have a harder time taking down purples than you will yellows with that :)

very pve focused, you'll do nothing against other players, but stick to the incursions and dz05/06 and it should be pretty strong. don't forget though, you'll have a harder time taking down purples than you will yellows with that :)

I can live with that, I don't go chasing rogue's anyway don't worry too much about the purples they go down handy anyway. I have 44% already damage to elites with my current load out and it just melts lv31-32 elites. My mp7 has 10.1k base damage as it is, so with elites it puts out 15k @ 900 rpm at least :)

Switching off the Ireland game now 3 nil down disaster

A bit too late for me :( out of boredom and too many credits I bought two hunters faith blue prints as an experiment today and wasted a pile of mats to craft them.... My aim is to have 3 sentry and 3 hunters faith that will give me 40% damage to elites. My 204 mp7 has ferocious that gives me 14% to elites then one or two other perks gives me another 20% around. So in the end up I well hopefully have over 70% damage to elites :). This is an experiment so I don't know what it will do for my toughness or skills but I'm short fabric ATM to craft the finial piece.

Am I mad?....

You still playing this so the answer is YES....lol

OFFICIAL

PS4 players will be getting everything XB1/PC users are getting except the following 3 items.

Underground Levels.
    New Dragons Nest Incursion.
    And 4 exclusive Gearsets to the DLC

EVERYTHING ELSE will be available from the 1.3 patch, all the weapon balancing & new weapons. New patches and the new weapons along with 1 new gearset. Everything else is available on 2nd August.

After a relatively small number of rolls 10 or so (compared to the 50 odd I rolled for my M1a) I finally got a better Aug then the BoO one a few weeks ago. Has 11.9 base damage with brutal and fierce....will only get 2 weeks outta it until new weapons are out ffs

2 weeks? 6 days right? new weapons will be up next tuesday. you should be okay though, there are going to be so many weapons now that the probability of getting a high GS weapon with decent mods will be low. i' still using 2 182 weapons on my alt character.

ticked off clear sky challenge mode last night, hadn't done it yet, so that pretty much everything done pre the tuesday release. only thing i potentially have left is rank 99 in the DZ, couldn't be ar$ed to be honest, at 66 now and it's too hard/far a slog

2 weeks? 6 days right? new weapons will be up next tuesday. you should be okay though, there are going to be so many weapons now that the probability of getting a high GS weapon with decent mods will be low. i' still using 2 182 weapons on my alt character.

ticked off clear sky challenge mode last night, hadn't done it yet, so that pretty much everything done pre the tuesday release. only thing i potentially have left is rank 99 in the DZ, couldn't be ar$ed to be honest, at 66 now and it's too hard/far a slog

Same as. Been floating around 66 and 67 for ages and can't seem to make significant gains. Did clear sky this week too, got crappy 214 pieces which was disappointing after how tough it was.

I death in the dz is costing me about 3k xp so I'm just avoiding all pvp because it's not worth it. I have to kill 15 odd AI to make up the xp

• Advertisement

Same as. Been floating around 66 and 67 for ages and can't seem to make significant gains. Did clear sky this week too, got crappy 214 pieces which was disappointing after how tough it was.

I death in the dz is costing me about 3k xp so I'm just avoiding all pvp because it's not worth it. I have to kill 15 odd AI to make up the xp

you got 214 pieces from clear sky challenging? must have been hard, challenging is guaranteed 240's isn't it?

Think you did the wrong mode for Clear Sky! Challenge Mode is guaranteed 240 pieces and a 204 weapon. Yeah its best avoid PVP. Just farm with a group and your rank will shoot up. Im on DZ rank 94 and thats not from any excessive grinding. Hardly do any PVP unless someone goes rogue on the group I'm with.

After the Spain game last night I jumped into the DZ with a random group. Managed to pick up a serious amount of gear set items. At one stage there were around 3 different groups all running DZ6 with some of them dying to flamers etc. It was brilliant for picking up their loot. At one stage all I could see were green and gold coloured beams everywhere. Ended extracting three 240 sentrys gloves, a strikers piece and some final measure stuff.

Two separate sentry gloves rolled Crit Dmg, Crit Chance along with additional gun damage. The perfect stats you need for gloves.

Yeah we did it on hard first just to see what it was like. Very rough so I'd imagine challenge will wipe us out.

Sadly when I run dz with my crew they obsess over rogues and I end up losing levels rather than gaining them. The odd time we do get to farm I tend to jump a level or two.

For now I mostly go in, do the daily and kill a few ai. I might extract if I get something decent but I'll mostly not bother.

Do you get xp from extracting?

yeah DZ is a tough slog atm, I am only at 52 although last night I jump two spots went in solo just testing a new load out, but it worked out that I got the daily DZ challenge then bumped into a random and the two of us got a couple extractions out. He then decided to go rogue on some poor solo bastard trying to extract as well! I did feel a bit guilty when I rabbit punched the poor old fella in the back of the neck to put him down though :o (but only for a small bit ;)) We survived the rogue status so got a good bonus there. He left, then on the way out I bumped into a crew chasing down another rogue and so that one fell into my lap so I got a rogue kill there. I picked up one or two items so then I said what the hell and and do another extract and thats where I met a bunch that decided that they would cut the rope:rolleyes: Luckily another crew came along and we took two of them down as well, they even picked me when I went down. It was good fun for a solo run. Got crap gear but I felt that the DZ is buzzing at the moment I know it can be tough and there are some arseholes but also there are guys trying to put manners on these guys and the place is alive at least with people.

So so glad I was solo for ages before the 1.2 patch....I think I was mid 80s when the patch dropped. Have been rank 99 for a hell of a long time not that there are any benefits TBH.

Alot of lads I play with are making very little progress now in the DZ and we are in there all the time....

One thing about the new weapons, the perks on them might be even HARDER to proc (needing a higher number across the range) so we might be using the old Augs and the like for a bit longer yet. Or the flipside might be that we can proc the old weapons easier with better gear.

Lost count the amount of times I found a super weapon with prolly 2500 across all 3 attributes.....never gonna happen.

yeah DZ is a tough slog atm, I am only at 52 although last night I jump two spots went in solo just testing a new load out, but it worked out that I got the daily DZ challenge then bumped into a random and the two of us got a couple extractions out. He then decided to go rogue on some poor solo bastard trying to extract as well! I did feel a bit guilty when I rabbit punched the poor old fella in the back of the neck to put him down though :o (but only for a small bit ;)) We survived the rogue status so got a good bonus there. He left, then on the way out I bumped into a crew chasing down another rogue and so that one fell into my lap so I got a rogue kill there. I picked up one or two items so then I said what the hell and and do another extract and thats where I met a bunch that decided that they would cut the rope:rolleyes: Luckily another crew came along and we took two of them down as well, they even picked me when I went down. It was good fun for a solo run. Got crap gear but I felt that the DZ is buzzing at the moment I know it can be tough and there are some arseholes but also there are guys trying to put manners on these guys and the place is alive at least with people.

On second thoughts its crap...:) just got ganked a couple of times just there had an hour to spare so said Id give the DZ another go solo after last nights exploits. But got killed three times twice at the extraction, a-holes made me go rogue by walking in front of me while we were being rushed by a mob (should have known better) there was four of them easy kill and then buy a bunch just outside the checkpoint :rolleyes:

I know massive have said hey havnt changed the drop rate but I cannot get a decent drop for the life of me in the DZ now even though I am running 120% scavenging. Got to a supply drop (solo)just there and all I got was a 183 vest or something:mad: Does scavenging make any difference I am not running it for the perk its just the pieces I have a very good a lot better than the other stuff I have so I'm running it by default.

Yeah we did it on hard first just to see what it was like. Very rough so I'd imagine challenge will wipe us out.

Sadly when I run dz with my crew they obsess over rogues and I end up losing levels rather than gaining them. The odd time we do get to farm I tend to jump a level or two.

For now I mostly go in, do the daily and kill a few ai. I might extract if I get something decent but I'll mostly not bother.

Do you get xp from extracting?

good lord if you think hard clear sky's is difficult stay the hell away from challenging. no offence but hard mode is probably the easiest speed run farming method in the the game, it's quicker than some of the challenging original missions!!

challenging mode clear sky is a different matter altogether. it is a huge step up over hard. if you're going to do it, watch the videos on how to use the hut at the back of the map where the snipers are, that's the method we used and it's pretty decent, it does need high toughness and some high skilled 4 piece tacticians authority players to run strong smart covers.

still though, you have 6 days with not a lot else to do to get it done.Falcon Lost challenging as well if you've not done that

On second thoughts its crap...:) just got ganked a couple of times just there had an hour to spare so said Id give the DZ another go solo after last nights exploits. But got killed three times twice at the extraction, a-holes made me go rogue by walking in front of me while we were being rushed by a mob (should have known better) there was four of them easy kill and then buy a bunch just outside the checkpoint :rolleyes:

I know massive have said hey havnt changed the drop rate but I cannot get a decent drop for the life of me in the DZ now even though I am running 120% scavenging. Got to a supply drop (solo)just there and all I got was a 183 vest or something:mad: Does scavenging make any difference I am not running it for the perk its just the pieces I have a very good a lot better than the other stuff I have so I'm running it by default.

at a guess if you are solo you're in the lowers dz's. really need to be up in 5 or 6 to get decent drops, but that means running in a team

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

at a guess if you are solo you're in the lowers dz's. really need to be up in 5 or 6 to get decent drops, but that means running in a team

Yup, and the A-holes tend to hang around 1 and 2 to make life miserable for anyone who is weaker than they are.

Progress in the DZ is very slow at the moment. I have been trying to get my alt up to 75 for the last 2-3 weeks. Think he is 69 now. And I have been running in teams. On Monday night we actually tried to change servers for the first time because it was impossible to get any loot out or gain XP. There were only 3 of us and there was a "group" of 7 griefing.

I love the tension in the DZ but I do think there is a bit of dis-connect between ability and level/build of a player/team.
    To me it seems like there are 3 main levels
    1) play a few hours here and there - weak
    2) play 3-4 hours a day - average
    3) play > 5 hours a day - strong

I always seem to be 1 piece of good gear away from being strong.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So so glad I was solo for ages before the 1.2 patch....I think I was mid 80s when the patch dropped. Have been rank 99 for a hell of a long time not that there are any benefits TBH.

Alot of lads I play with are making very little progress now in the DZ and we are in there all the time....

One thing about the new weapons, the perks on them might be even HARDER to proc (needing a higher number across the range) so we might be using the old Augs and the like for a bit longer yet. Or the flipside might be that we can proc the old weapons easier with better gear.

Lost count the amount of times I found a super weapon with prolly 2500 across all 3 attributes.....never gonna happen.

That's my problem. I normally play for about 1-2 hours a night and I was spending most of my time pre-patch running the daily missions to get PC's. If I had spend that time running the DZ even solo I'd be much higher level now.
    good lord if you think hard clear sky's is difficult stay the hell away from challenging. no offence but hard mode is probably the easiest speed run farming method in the the game, it's quicker than some of the challenging original missions!!

challenging mode clear sky is a different matter altogether. it is a huge step up over hard. if you're going to do it, watch the videos on how to use the hut at the back of the map where the snipers are, that's the method we used and it's pretty decent, it does need high toughness and some high skilled 4 piece tacticians authority players to run strong smart covers.

still though, you have 6 days with not a lot else to do to get it done.Falcon Lost challenging as well if you've not done that

We didn't watch any vids, just jumped in and ran in circles around the second part till we finally killed the big guy. Probably had the wrong load outs too.

DZ3 is my limit solo now.

Advertisement