Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

ECO_Mental wrote: »

I know massive have said hey havnt changed the drop rate but I cannot get a decent drop for the life of me in the DZ now even though I am running 120% scavenging. Got to a supply drop (solo)just there and all I got was a 183 vest or something:mad: Does scavenging make any difference I am not running it for the perk its just the pieces I have a very good a lot better than the other stuff I have so I'm running it by default.

Got a great drop last night a 240 path of the nomad in the DZ that has 95% scavenging so that now brings me up to 215% scavenging. Got it late and I was very tired and emotional after the game :P so only gave it a quick run to the DZ01 east boss in the subway and he dropped a green and the dz chest gave me 204 gold item. Both got stolen off me straight away by a bunch of a-holes :mad: but it looks like the scavenging might work after all!!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sotg on now
    huge nerfs to sentry, striker(need 5 peice equipped to get what you had from 3 peice before), augs vectors base damage reduced 10%.
    weapon recalibration is in, allowed to reroll 1 talent per gun
    change from crit chance to crit damage on smg's only for new guns, your old guns will keep crit chance, but will reduce 10% base damage

the dz is about to get different, but no change to tanktician/shock turret/triage sets . shame

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got a great drop last night a 240 path of the nomad in the DZ that has 95% scavenging so that now brings me up to 215% scavenging. Got it late and I was very tired and emotional after the game :P so only gave it a quick run to the DZ01 east boss in the subway and he dropped a green and the dz chest gave me 204 gold item. Both got stolen off me straight away by a bunch of a-holes :mad: but it looks like the scavenging might work after all!!

Did they fix Scavenging? I remember that there was a glitch that the code only read the last two digits of the perk. So if you had 20% or 220% it only counted for 20%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

It's Time For 'The Division' To Realize The Dark Zone Is A Failed Experiment

The guy makes some good points about the Dark Zone.

I used to try my luck in the dark zone in the wee hours of the morning (2 - 4am) and that was sometimes bearable. But now it's no longer fun because there are griefers that seemingly one shot me. They're not interested in the loot I have. I'm just a mob to be farmed for DZ credits.

It's Time For 'The Division' To Realize The Dark Zone Is A Failed Experiment

The guy makes some good points about the Dark Zone.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the division in a nutshell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I finally got a named drop last night, the Hungry Hog LMG. Naturally it's a crap one. How else could it be.

hungry hog has fixed talents, everyone has gotten the same one. all the named weapons are the same. you can't get a good one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mossym wrote: »
    hungry hog has fixed talents, everyone has gotten the same one. all the named weapons are the same. you can't get a good one

I know the talents are fixed, but the damage is below even 182GS weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Not sure why people are finding the DZ such a slog. I guess I am lucky when I jump into the DZ. Matchmake with a random group of 4 then just run The pit, Q building and Mid town and on occasion the subway. If I see rogues I purposely avoid them unless we are in a strong group and/or other players are fighting the rogues too.

If you are running from Rogues just mod a pistol to have reduced threat. Equip it and the mobs will start firing on the rogues.

By the way someone said they have scavenging on their gear. Its a waste of time, it doesn't increase chances of getting gear sets to drop. Only the quality of the item.

With SOTG: A good few nerfs. Augs/Vectors base Damage dropping and Sentry/Striker becoming a 5 piece bonus set.

They also mentioned they are looking at the Tank meta and are looking into it. Being able to roll weapon talents will be interesting, makes it FAR easier get a god roll weapon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Jayop wrote: »
    That's my problem. I normally play for about 1-2 hours a night and I was spending most of my time pre-patch running the daily missions to get PC's. If I had spend that time running the DZ even solo I'd be much higher level now.

We didn't watch any vids, just jumped in and ran in circles around the second part till we finally killed the big guy. Probably had the wrong load outs too.

DZ3 is my limit solo now.

I usually play 1-2 hours every second or third night so I'm by no means always on it but Ive been following alot of the youtubers/streamers for tips. Im DZ rank 94 or something now and a strong enough build.

You are wasting your time running the DZ solo. You are guaranteed a 240 gear set item and 204 weapon from drops in DZ 5 and 6 but theres only a chance in the lower DZ's so often you will only get a 214 gear set item.

Its also far far quicker to rank your DZ level up if you are running with a group. Loads of times I don't even bother with a mic in the DZ but always make sure to be in a group. 99% of the player base know what they are at now so the farming routes are all known so theres no real need for mic chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Perks are the same damage is not, I have got one with 10K base damage and as low as 6800.

I would keep one for when the balancing plays out.

As regards the DZ, no reason to run solo with the matchmaking TBH, if you purely wanna rank up you gotta go rouge or kill rouges its that simple. Takes far to long just killing Ai and the XP is not great either.

As regards to scavaging from what I have read online multiple times it only affects low end gear nothing of value so its useless. I have less then 15% on my 2 agents and I get my fair share of greens while other lads in my group have 80%+ some by choice some just had it on armour and they get nothing better then me or more frequent TBH

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Perks are the same damage is not, I have got one with 10K base damage and as low as 6800.

I would keep one for when the balancing plays out.

that's why i said the talents were crap. and unless you talk about the real extremes, no base damage difference is going to make up for poor talents.

and existing weapons won't be getting the balancing, already confirmed on the sotg today that the existing ones will keep their current, so your smg's will stay as crit hit chance, not damage, only ones that drop after the patch will get the change. so what you have now is what you keep, unless they change something

i have a hungry hog in my stash but doubt it will ever see the light of day

As regards to scavaging from what I have read online multiple times it only affects low end gear nothing of value so its useless. I have less then 15% on my 2 agents and I get my fair share of greens while other lads in my group have 80%+ some by choice some just had it on armour and they get nothing better then me or more frequent TBH

I don't know about that.. to test my 215%scav I took down the dz01 boss in the subway 6 times since last night and he has dropped 3, 214 greens for me :) out of six. Now for the last few weeks I never got a green off him always a 183 gold gear set. Now that's an improvement! In anybody's books.

I don't know about that.. to test my 215%scav I took down the dz01 boss in the subway 6 times since last night and he has dropped 3, 214 greens for me :) out of six. Now for the last few weeks I never got a green off him always a 183 gold gear set. Now that's an improvement! In anybody's books.

they confirmed it doesn't give you better gear score items, it just improves the armor/firearms/stamina stats you get on a gun. it won't change 182 into 214, so i think you just had a run of good luck

they confirmed it doesn't give you better gear score items, it just improves the armor/firearms/stamina stats you get on a gun. it won't change 182 into 214, so i think you just had a run of good luck

That's a serious run off good luck if it was.... I'll keep going with it anyway for while makes me feel Luckier

Anyone got a P416 G3, I have NEVER got one....they are as rare as rocking horse **** them bad boys. Seen that streamer Widdz with one last night, Jaysus he was cleaning up.

Anyone got a P416 G3, I have NEVER got one....they are as rare as rocking horse **** them bad boys. Seen that streamer Widdz with one last night, Jaysus he was cleaning up.

Amongst that crappy Hungry Hog, I also had, and ditched, a crappy 204 LOVA-C and 204 P416 G3.

just got one in the dz. 204. predatory, destructive, provident. no good at this stage though with the boosts coming next week

AHH FFS TED!

Gonna save ALL my green and gold caches until the new patch....never know might get the new DZ GS straight off the bat!

• Advertisement

Gonna save ALL my green and gold caches until the new patch....never know might get the new DZ GS straight off the bat!

For anyone who's wondering, the devs did say the new gear set pieces can appear in saved caches opened after the 1.3 patch. I'm sitting on 7 teal ones currently, 3 240, and 4 214s.

Spear wrote: »
    For anyone who's wondering, the devs did say the new gear set pieces can appear in saved caches opened after the 1.3 patch. I'm sitting on 7 teal ones currently, 3 240, and 4 214s.

Yurp thats my thinking, but was playing for a few hours last night as DZ police lol and did not get a single green item or gold chest.

5 new achievements added, from the look of them this will be as deep as a puddle.

One is "Complete each of the 6 different mission objectives in the underground"

Another for 75 collectibles to pad things out nicely :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Ah well, at least they fixed a bug where the moon was upside down. Game fixed!

Well, boo this, my Aug wasn't nerfed, it was gutted.

Spear wrote: »
    Well, boo this, my Aug wasn't nerfed, it was gutted.

How badly?

nocal wrote: »
    How badly?

A third off the DPS, from 196k to 150k.

First underground cache from the intro mission replaces it with a 229GS PP-19, so I guess it works out.

Ouch.

Not so ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Got a glitch where the first mission wouldnt start, so logged out at the train and cant log back in. Keep getting Delta errors. Logging in works fine for other characters...

Advertisement