Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

mossym wrote: »
    it's way overpowered

Who cares?! That's a good thing!

Almost 300hrs put into this game, I should be allowed to feel like a f***ing God at this point :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So just 24 hours after release I can get my gear score to the max of 255 already. Though a realistic choice of gear normally sets me at a more humble 246 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

mossym wrote: »
    ah right. misread you earlier, thought you said you weren't getting any.

you think it's worthwhile wearing 1 piece from a set?

I have a 214 BLIND that I use as well.
    So 2x BLIND, 2x Lone Star, 2x Final Measure.

Want to replace the Lone Star next but they were good rolls so haven't found anything better yet.
    Not sure about the BLIND either, as Pulse is bugged at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Well lads I'm a PS4 player who hasn't played in a few weeks I have the season pass do you think the new content is good and will stretch the game out more?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Well lads I'm a PS4 player who hasn't played in a few weeks I have the season pass do you think the new content is good and will stretch the game out more?

Ah yeah it will, variety is the spice of life. And it will give the game a bit of much needed oomph.

The biggest problem I see is keeping the players and the drop off in terms of numbers is huge. My own friends list has about a quarter of the players now compared to 2 mths ago.

The underlying problems still remain and tbh I dont think Massive really know how to fix the game but at its core its great game. If you just accept the game currently for what it is instead of what it could be you will enjoy the game alot more. And the frustration eases off A LITTLE.

I just hope I get my season pass moneys worth lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Rob2D wrote: »
    Who cares?! That's a good thing!

Almost 300hrs put into this game, I should be allowed to feel like a f***ing God at this point :pac:

Its not though and its not how a loot driven game should work. Of course you should feel stronger and if you have geared properly then you should definitely feel pretty strong.

Ive picked up a g36 with deadly and brutal and it shreds enemies on Challenge. If they left overpowered stuff in you would have people complaining that the game is too easy. Im still running a 4 piece Sentry and its still doing good damage despite the nerf.

Think im Undergound rank 10 now. It really is a lot of fun but Ive been enjoying the game since launch so :pac:

Haven't picked up many GS items though, mainly guns. And I always feel like I'm missing chests in the underground, some of the areas are very large and when you are on a timer it makes things tricky to find.

EDIT: As always, any Xbox Players existing or returning, feel free to give me a friend invite. Send me a message though to let me know who you are, I haven't a clue of 90% of the people in my friends list at this stage! GT: Kirk the dog

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

exactly,it's not a good thing. one overpowered gun just means the whole place uses it and there is no point not using it. why did no-one use lmg's or shotguns? cause they were so low. you want things balanced or the game just doesn't work. especially if a gun's advantage outweighs any talents people can use to make other guns as popular

i've no issue with them putting it back to what it should have been, they still say it will be the most powerful AR in the game

How are the PS4 players gonna be able to play the game when the patch 1.3 drops? I mean the DZ will now be rank 36 Ai and anyone gear score 228 will be put into the highest bracket to farm etc. Yet we cannot access the new armour (underground mission and incursion) for a month after it drops so we are basically running around in limbo with the only strong weapons we have collected thus far being nerfed to make matters worse.

Even with new weapons its the gear that will keep you alive.....Its gonna be very frustrating until the underground opens up id say.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How are the PS4 players gonna be able to play the game when the patch 1.3 drops? I mean the DZ will now be rank 36 Ai and anyone gear score 228 will be put into the highest bracket to farm etc. Yet we cannot access the new armour (underground mission and incursion) for a month after it drops so we are basically running around in limbo with the only strong weapons we have collected thus far being nerfed to make matters worse.

Even with new weapons its the gear that will keep you alive.....Its gonna be very frustrating until the underground opens up id say.

existing gear sets will drop at 268. i have 268 sentry gear. plus you'll get the alphabridge gear

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Yup. I was thinking the exact same.

Afaik, drops at higher levels will only begin to drop when the DLC is released and not on release of patch 1.3.

The game really will be in limbo for PS4 players until the DLC drops. Then by the time that PS4 gets the DLC, a lot of the Xbox and PC players will be done with the expansion and will move on. A great way to suck the life out of the overall community.

• Advertisement

nocal wrote: »
    Yup. I was thinking the exact same.

Afaik, drops at higher levels will only begin to drop when the DLC is released and not on release of patch 1.3.

The game really will be in limbo for PS4 players until the DLC drops. Then by the time that PS4 gets the DLC, a lot of the Xbox and PC players will be done with the expansion and will move on. A great way to suck the life out of the overall community.

It certainly would be if we could play on cross platforms. Last 3 nights only 3 friends on my list playing game. Id say they all back either for 2nd August or next Tues for patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

What I mean - by the time the PS4 players are posting in here (and other places) about the underground a lot of the Xbox and PC players will not be posting\active. So there will be life sucked out of the overall community.

July is going to be a quiet co-op gaming month for me. Might have to give UC 4 or Doom a bash.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, I've seen claims that the weekly HVTs are bugged and are only spawning level 30 enemies. But one of them, Eagle Squad, spawns 4 named enemies who still drop at normal rates, so that means GS229 weapons and GS268 gear. I'm in work and can't confirm it personally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Spear wrote: »
    Hmm, I've seen claims that the weekly HVTs are bugged and are only spawning level 30 enemies. But one of them, Eagle Squad, spawns 4 named enemies who still drop at normal rates, so that means GS229 weapons and GS268 gear. I'm in work and can't confirm it personally though.

Can confirm (on the xbox one) we did the eagle squad bad thing is it 58 intel.
    We also did the other weekly for 30 intel (can't remember name its the high risk one) and people got 268 gears.
    So if you have the intel bang out those 2.

It'll probably mean 268 Lone Stars, but I'm already a bit tired of 268 Firecrest at this point.

On that note, the 100% reload speed from Firecrest is a neat little bonus to have.

Spear wrote: »
    It'll probably mean 268 Lone Stars, but I'm already a bit tired of 268 Firecrest at this point.

On that note, the 100% reload speed from Firecrest is a neat little bonus to have.

Yeah we did get Lone star.

can drop anything, i did it and got 268 TA gear

The new Darkzone bracket is amazing. It drops 268 and 229 weapons so you will be fine. I've actually decided to darkzone more than the underground so I can gear up a little first. Apparently the underground caches scale with your current gear so it increases the chances of getting too items when going back into the underground.

I've picked 3 striker pieces from the DZ all gs268. Just make sure you run DZ 5 and 6.

Edit: forgot to mention even the crappy cheats in the dz that dont require keys drop gold sealed caches

Yeah we did get Lone star.

And I got two 268 Lone Star and two bad 229 marksman rifles...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

mcgovern wrote: »
    Either you got very lucky or I got very unlucky.
    Level 10 and I've gotten 4 GS items in total. 2 from underground caches (1 268, 1 240), 1 from a boss (214), and one from a chest (268).

I have gotten 4 229 x45 pistols, 2 229 G36s and 1 229 PP19 however.

I've been pretty much on the opposite side of the Weapon/Gear equation. I've only picked up one >204 weapon and it was a handgun :( . I did get a fair few of those 240 Gears from the underground bosses, I'd say 2/3 of them dropped that way for me on day 1. Played about 10 missions tonight though and I think only got one 240 Gears from a boss (though 2 from caches).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Can confirm (on the xbox one) we did the eagle squad bad thing is it 58 intel.
    We also did the other weekly for 30 intel (can't remember name its the high risk one) and people got 268 gears.
    So if you have the intel bang out those 2.

It seems you can only do it once yeah? We tries to do it again and it wouldn't start

Jayop wrote: »
    It seems you can only do it once yeah? We tries to do it again and it wouldn't start
    Yeah only once

Yeah only once

We have a cunning plan though. Get someone who hasn't done it to start the mission and then jump into the group. Trying it soon and I'll let you know.

Not sure if there's much point. Seems to be only 268 lone star holsters. Might get a nice weapon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is 1.3 coming on ps4. I havnt played since the 1st incursion came out. Kinda lost as to what to do next. Incursions, high value targets, daily challenge missions?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When is 1.3 coming on ps4. I havnt played since the 1st incursion came out. Kinda lost as to what to do next. Incursions, high value targets, daily challenge missions?

This Tuesday seems likely, since Tuesdays are patch day on the PS and Ubisoft have delayed releasing the new vanity items sets back to that day as well.

FYI everyone we did get another mate to start the hvt but anyone who did it before got no drops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Blasted out the 2 weekly HVT also last night, should have taken a picture :) of the carnage and green drop lights. I think i got 5 268's mostly lone star but a 268 sentry thrown in as well. Also a few 229 guns nothing great. Lv30 npcs didnt know what hit them teamed up with a bunch of lads who were just looking for an extra body to free roam but they were well kitted out.

Went on to do a couple of heroic mission the Lincoln tunnel and for the hell of it Russian consulate on heroic. Went very well, breezed through them I would say it was no harder than challenging nothing to be afraid of.

What does help is my 229 enhanced G36, omg I have that thing set up beautiful ATM. Base dmg to elites is 17k per bullet and i have 45% increased amour damage with it as well. Lv30 &31 npcs are just melted, 32&33's are dispatched with ease as well. God I hope they don't Nerf it to bad

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    God I hope they don't Nerf it to bad

Course they will, nothing in the game is geared towards the player, its all geared towards the AI.

Cant wait to grab a G36 and see whats up brah!

What does help is my 229 enhanced G36, omg I have that thing set up beautiful ATM. Base dmg to elites is 17k per bullet and i have 45% increased amour damage with it as well. Lv30 &31 npcs are just melted, 32&33's are dispatched with ease as well. God I hope they don't Nerf it to bad

Wow 17k per bullet is high. Whats your build stats at the moment? I have a G36 myself with Deadly and Brutal. Ive just enough firearms to unlock the brutal which is at 2825 I think it is.

Think I have 12k per bullet. My build is 240 DPS, 419k Toughness and 28k Skillpower.

The gun will be nerfed/fixed though. Even before 1.3 was released they stated it had too high of damage but couldn't delay the patch for one gun.

• Advertisement

Blasted out the 2 weekly HVT also last night, should have taken a picture :) of the carnage and green drop lights. I think i got 5 268's mostly lone star but a 268 sentry thrown in as well. Also a few 229 guns nothing great. Lv30 npcs didnt know what hit them teamed up with a bunch of lads who were just looking for an extra body to free roam but they were well kitted out.

Went on to do a couple of heroic mission the Lincoln tunnel and for the hell of it Russian consulate on heroic. Went very well, breezed through them I would say it was no harder than challenging nothing to be afraid of.

sorry, got your message after logging off, was done for the night...

Advertisement