Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

joe123 wrote: »
    Wow 17k per bullet is high. Whats your build stats at the moment? I have a G36 myself with Deadly and Brutal. Ive just enough firearms to unlock the brutal which is at 2825 I think it is.

That 17k is to elites and above, 14k to the rest of the grunts. My stats are not all that great to be honest 200/300/25 health way to low at 300. To unlock my talents I need only 2260 in just firearms and health. I have destructive, deadly (the one that increases my crit damage) and then focused. My G36 with no attachments is around 10.1k per bullet.

I then have
    around +700 assualt rifle damage with a gear talent
    13% increase in damage with extended mag
    14% increase with the focused talent
    30% increase to elites and above

Add all these up and you get to the 17k. Its about the only good thing with my set up:o reorganizing again atm to get my toughness to somewhere near the 400k as I am going down far too easy. I think I am going to ignore skills as my gun talents dont need them to activate.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

mossym wrote: »
    sorry, got your message after logging off, was done for the night...

no worries I only manage to get on late anyway when everybody is going to bed. Now with the kids off school I have no legitimate excuse to kick them off the xbone telling them they have school in the morning. I think I need another xbox;) that xbox Scorpio looks ok :D if I am goods Santa might give me one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So fecking annoying tonight. I only had to do two missions before 1 to get the weekly. Logged on at midnight said I'd know the challenging out of the way and I landed on the worst team in history. One guy had a gs of 80. Pretty much had to do it all myself. Then I ended up with 15 minutes to do one hard mission and the stupid missions were both locked every time I jumped into them. Ended up getting in one at 5 to 1 but by the time we were done it was just after 1 and I miss out on 40pcs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ran one of the missions that was only hard and got upgraded to challenging/heroic, jumped straight into heroic. won't mention which one, as it would ruin the surprise, but there was some nice surprises we weren't expecting. was fun, worth trying the new ones if you haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Who knows when Xbox exclusivity window on Tom Clancy's "The division" expires?

• Advertisement

Doodleking wrote: »
    Who knows when Xbox exclusivity window on Tom Clancy's "The division" expires?

first two DLC's, so one more after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well the massive (10GB+) 1.3 patch landed this morning with all the bells and whistles, Lvl 35 Ai in DZ are mental fun. Purple axe guys swarming at you and the panic is mental lol.

Still cant understand how 268 gear is dropping and is way worse then anything equipped already (just ruins the farming it should be at least par never worse)...cant wait to get a decent 229 weapon. All the lads in my squad are getting super stuff left right and centre ffs..... lol.

Great the way you can re roll exsisting weapons for a useless perks, beers in and ready to raid the DZ 6 all night!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well the massive (10GB+) 1.3 patch landed this morning with all the bells and whistles, Lvl 35 Ai in DZ are mental fun. Purple axe guys swarming at you and the panic is mental lol.

Still cant understand how 268 gear is dropping and is way worse then anything equipped already (just ruins the farming it should be at least par never worse)...cant wait to get a decent 229 weapon. All the lads in my squad are getting super stuff left right and centre ffs..... lol.

Great the way you can re roll exsisting weapons for a useless perks, beers in and ready to raid the DZ 6 all night!!!!

Give it a day or two and your gear will all be better at high level.

Jayop wrote: »
    Give it a day or two and your gear will all be better at high level.

Day or two?! By the end of the night I will be well up. Sure I seen lads at 245 when I was logging off earlier.

Just want a G36 with great base damage and I be happy out.

Day or two?! By the end of the night I will be well up. Sure I seen lads at 245 when I was logging off earlier.

Just want a G36 with great base damage and I be happy out.

I'm a muppet. I had for some reason assumed the G36 was an assault rifle so I was running it and either a sniper or another assault rifle thinking I couldn't run it and a SMG because of the ammo issue.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm a muppet. I had for some reason assumed the G36 was an assault rifle

The G36 is an assault rifle....;)

it's rate of fire makes it pretty effective as an smg. i got a brutal destructive focused one, rolled off focused for Responsive (Damage is increased by 5% when closer than 10 meters to the target), and now run the g36 and a 229 m1a with my aug relegated to a backup in my backpack. always saw the AR's as an alternative to the marksman but with the g36 in it's current form you can run it for pretty much everything

that nerf is going to hurt a lot

The G36 is an assault rifle....;)

You know what I mean lol. Still confused.

Ran Russian on heroic last night. 3 in group and it was pretty rough but doable.

mossym wrote: »
    it's rate of fire makes it pretty effective as an smg. i got a brutal destructive focused one, rolled off focused for Responsive (Damage is increased by 5% when closer than 10 meters to the target), and now run the g36 and a 229 m1a with my aug relegated to a backup in my backpack. always saw the AR's as an alternative to the marksman but with the g36 in it's current form you can run it for pretty much everything

that nerf is going to hurt a lot

is there any news on what they are going to nerf it by, 10% like the Aug and vector maybe?

Must put in a right shift tonight... as I'm going on holidays very early on Friday morning for two weeks so tonight will be my only chance for the next two weeks to get in some serious looting :( bloody holidays. I'm going to be way behind when I get back. If only I had that xbox slim I could slip it into the bag she'll never notice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Well lads, been thinking about jumping back in for a while now, and judging by the thread there seems to be plenty of content to get stuck into by this stage!

Just wondering though, as a player who quit shortly after reaching 30, is there much point in me jumping back in at this stage? Or will the uphill struggle to get up to speed be too much? Also wondering if the game suffered similar problems to Destiny, as in old content became obselete after each new content drop, or have they managed to develop the game in such a way that new content stayed relevant?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

No point in trying to reason with the game goon lol, good a time as ever to drop in and get some serious loot. Sure running the weekly HVTs will improve you no end (hit me up and I do them with you) my mate did them the minute the patch dropped and got a 229 Aug and PP19 and a new Alpha chest. On the 2nd one he got a G36 that has him at 300+ DPS ffs!

I done VERY WELL last night and the RNG god smiled on me.....I know have 4 piece Alpha and PP19 along with 3 SVD snipers. I swear the SVD is the best sounding gun in the game bar none, its like a deck gun off a warship and hits like a mofo! From reading up its more like a sniper/battle rifle then out and out sniper rifle it excels at medium range due to the stabilty and RoF, does not hit as hard as the M1A but is more versatile in combat.

Cant recommend the G36 enough all the same, I only have a 204 one and its very good. Very stable at default and sounds great too...not as good as the PP19.

Patch is only out 2 days and I am 250 GS and TBH not that much stronger.

Rouges are getting a little sneakier I feel, loads of stab ya in da backs especially at supply drops healing you and taking down bosses then WAMMO hit you from behind after you collect. Trust no one especially Wonda 3oy, I am deffo gone dark side !!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

goon_magee wrote: »
    Well lads, been thinking about jumping back in for a while now, and judging by the thread there seems to be plenty of content to get stuck into by this stage!

Just wondering though, as a player who quit shortly after reaching 30, is there much point in me jumping back in at this stage? Or will the uphill struggle to get up to speed be too much? Also wondering if the game suffered similar problems to Destiny, as in old content became obselete after each new content drop, or have they managed to develop the game in such a way that new content stayed relevant?

It's better, but still pretty messy.

The older content isn't obsolete exactly, the new heroic mode means the 268GS items are available on the original missions and incursions, plus the new DZ brackets also makes those drops available there. If anything the old content is still the best way for certain gear drops.

They're still finding their way on the game, often with sudden shifts on some things, e.g. leaps in material costs, then two patches later a sudden jump in the materials given.

Nice one lads cheers for the feedback. Think I will jump back in sure, regretted stopping playing then just felt like it would be too much hassle to get up to speed again, bit if gear drops are as generous as they have been for you wonda, then that makes me all the more eager!

Wonda I will defo hit you up for them HVT missions once I get on and get me bearings again. Might not get on tonight taking the missus out to the cinema, should get me brownie points and a few nights hassle free gaming lol so will probably be tomorrow before I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

You will probably have to do a dedicated "gear up" session or two. e.g. run missions, weekly HVT's - whatever will get you some decent gear to get your GS up. First session should give you what you need for a second session to get to GS 228 or so and then you will be able to run with the players who have been playing all along.

Handy tip - if you join a squad and they are in DZ 231+ and you have a DZ mismatch - any shareable loot that they get while you are in the squad can still be shared with you back in the DZ entrances.

nocal wrote: »
    You will probably have to do a dedicated "gear up" session or two. e.g. run missions, weekly HVT's - whatever will get you some decent gear to get your GS up. First session should give you what you need for a second session to get to GS 228 or so and then you will be able to run with the players who have been playing all along.

Handy tip - if you join a squad and they are in DZ 231+ and you have a DZ mismatch - any shareable loot that they get while you are in the squad can still be shared with you back in the DZ entrances.

Cheers nocal, yeah was thinking there would be a bit of work involved before I got up to speed but don't mind that so much when it sounds like it's reasonably easy to gear up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Cheers nocal, yeah was thinking there would be a bit of work involved before I got up to speed but don't mind that so much when it sounds like it's reasonably easy to gear up now!

Reasonably easy - you will have to "go after" some items to begin with.
    If you get high level items, keep them in your inventory even if they are not equipped as they will be used to determine your DZ gear score level (which is not your displayed GS level). Apparently it is now the highest piece of each class of armor summed plus your highest weapon and then divided by 7. So the items do not have to be equipped. e,g, if you get a 240 set of gloves keep them - no need to keep a second set of 240 gloves if both sets are not equipped.

My mate went from a gs of next to nothing to over 200 in one day. We dropped him everything we got too so it was easy.

Got a 204 shotgun the other day and got at the same time a couple of decent 268 lone stars that enabled me to get the 4 bonus and the extra 1000 shotgun bonus. Pushing out 100k dps but it's a serious piece of kit can one shot lv30s and lv30 elites can be dropped in two good head shots. Going to rock this for a while, didn't put it up for a serious test yet like heroic or challenging but at last shotguns are showing a bit of potential.

It's payback time bitches.......

Yeah I am gonna run one in the DZ 6 tonight to see whats what, I got an MCS870 last night with over 100K base damage without a single mod!!!!! And it has 270% stagger, not sure how it works I assume it has to be a headshot to stagger but we give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ran around dz6 last with mates against level 35s picked up 7 229 handguns. Delighted!!!!

Ran around dz6 last with mates against level 35s picked up 7 229 handguns. Delighted!!!!

That feeling of dying inside when you get another handgun that you'll never ever use.

That's why you change servers when u get repeated gun types, trust me it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

That's why you change servers when u get repeated gun types, trust me it works.

What's the handiest way to change servers. I'll try that next time

Maddest night in the dz for ai. Every corner had dozens and there were rogues everywhere too. Madness

• Advertisement

What's the handiest way to change servers. I'll try that next time

Leave the squad you are in, go and matchmake (go to checkpoint obviously). When you spawn in on random people leave the group and the rest of the squad join you in new server.

Nothing worse then getting the same **** over and over again, I do the same if too many agents in the DZ 6 and all the landmarks are down.

Advertisement