Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Started playing again, very suprised at howuch has changed in such a short time, seems to be a lot more options with regard to how to progress.

Hovering around 179 myself now and I'm in the process of clearing all the different zones so i can unlock the search and destroy missions for weekly HVTs, tried a few incursions with randoms and it did not go too well so will avoid them for the time being. Am I best just grinding dark zone and challenging missions for gear in the mean time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

goon_magee wrote: »
    Started playing again, very suprised at howuch has changed in such a short time, seems to be a lot more options with regard to how to progress.

Hovering around 179 myself now and I'm in the process of clearing all the different zones so i can unlock the search and destroy missions for weekly HVTs, tried a few incursions with randoms and it did not go too well so will avoid them for the time being. Am I best just grinding dark zone and challenging missions for gear in the mean time?

Dude just get the intel and I will run them with you, not only will you get the gear for doing them I will give you mine and I will MAKE the rest of my squad do it too!!!

LMAO

SORTED!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dude just get the intel and I will run them with you, not only will you get the gear for doing them I will give you mine and I will MAKE the rest of my squad do it too!!!

LMAO

SORTED!

Lol Nice one Wonda, I'll get farming intel tmorrow and hit you up in the eve when I have it together. won't be back on tonight, heading for the pub now, but will defo take you up on that tomorrow!

While you getting drunk I am getting loot....ya light weight!!

Anyone manage to get their mits on the Caducius AR yet?

I know it drops on hard missions, so surely you can get it on the Heroic ones too. I am speed running Amherst Apartment like a mad fook trying to get it....takes me 4mins from start to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Done a few Heroics at this stage a still haven't seen a remotely decent drop!!! On a side note medic bag plus 2 alpha Bridge pieces, equals 9 medikits, can't argue with that!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yay, map bug is to be fixed tomorrow at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Anyone manage to get their mits on the Caducius AR yet?

I know it drops on hard missions, so surely you can get it on the Heroic ones too. I am speed running Amherst Apartment like a mad fook trying to get it....takes me 4mins from start to finish.

heroic drop 204, it's only available in a 182 right? so you can't get it from heroic is my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Spear wrote: »
    Yay, map bug is to be fixed tomorrow at least.

About bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

15% Nerf to the G36..............

WTF not happy with this at all

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Servers gone down for maintenance, just got kicked...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a couple of threads on Reddit claiming the DZ extractions had stopped working. Something like that may explain a sudden server restart rather than waiting until tomorrow.

Falcon lost incursion on Heroic is a joke....did it 4 times over 2 days and same bug. At least one member of party get disconnected right at the hardest round....and heals not working mid way through!

Notice loot in general is very poor from any heroic missions TBH.

On a side not I got a gold 204 back back last night doesnt look anything remarkable, but it takes my 450 TGHs up to 600TGHs!!! But I cant use it with a vigorous chest piece as the perk is healing to skill objects (turret, shields etc) aswell as yourself.

Shame the G36 is getting nerfed, is it only the 229 GS or all of them across the board. I only ask as I have not got a decent 229 yet only a 204 one.

Falcon lost incursion on Heroic is a joke....did it 4 times over 2 days and same bug. At least one member of party get disconnected right at the hardest round....and heals not working mid way through!

Notice loot in general is very poor from any heroic missions TBH.

On a side not I got a gold 204 back back last night doesnt look anything remarkable, but it takes my 450 TGHs up to 600TGHs!!! But I cant use it with a vigorous chest piece as the perk is healing to skill objects (turret, shields etc) aswell as yourself.

Shame the G36 is getting nerfed, is it only the 229 GS or all of them across the board. I only ask as I have not got a decent 229 yet only a 204 one.

all of them. i;ve two decent ones, one for each alt, best one a 229 brutal deadly responsive. this nerf is going to hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have two G36s myself. Deadly Brutal and Ferocious.

Matchmade for Heroic Falcon Lost last night, its tough but very doable. I have a feeling I got lucky with two of the guys in the group who seemed to know their stuff. We cleared it on the first go. Ended up getting two strikers gloves out of it which was not what I wanted and a bloody lone star of all things.

I was unable to restock my ammo throughout so its a good job I make use of the lone start/police backpack trick at the beginning.

The hardest part about Falcon Lost is the APC bomb can hit in the pit now so taking out the drones/snipers is much trickier.

joe123 wrote: »
    The hardest part about Falcon Lost is the APC bomb can hit in the pit now so taking out the drones/snipers is much trickier.

Smart cover on the left pillar going up stairs 99% of time you take no damage on that wall.

Will be doing it again twice tonight and clear sky on heroic so hopefully I get some Sentry stuff.

We all know the G35 was nerfed by 15% to base damage, but Massive have also stealth nerfed the RANGE, ACCURACY & STABILITY.

The minute I used the gun after the patch I knew the stability was hit it jumps like a mofo now even with mods......this stealth nerfing has to stop.

We all know the G35 was nerfed by 15% to base damage, but Massive have also stealth nerfed the RANGE, ACCURACY & STABILITY.

The minute I used the gun after the patch I knew the stability was hit it jumps like a mofo now even with mods......this stealth nerfing has to stop.

aye, hamish on twitch right now confirming it but saying "sorry we only found out ourselves this morning"

what a shambles

Massive are really out of their depth on a game like this, and it's showing and hurting the game.

You really do have to feel for the Community guys at Massive like Hamish. They get the information from the Studio and I just can't believe the devs didn't tell them about the additional nerfs. It doesnt bother me too much regarding the gun itself but it gives a real bad sentiment within the player base. No one likes ninja nerfs/lack of transparency.

Must be so frustrating dealing with guys like that.

• Advertisement

Massive are really out of their depth on a game like this, and it's showing and hurting the game.

Sure they have been nerfing stuff like a mother****er for months and nobody coped it.

If it was not for the online streamers most of it would not be caught.

Terrible state of affairs.

If you watch the last 2-3 SOTG live streams the amount of abuse scrolling up the screen from players is amazing.

No need to stealth nerf anything in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm on holidays so I can't test, but is the g36 now crap after all these nerfs.? I think i have a 229 ACR and a 229 LVOC in my stash to fall back on but this Nerf is ridiculous destroying one of the good things in the game.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I'm on holidays so I can't test, but is the g36 now crap after all these nerfs.? I think i have a 229 ACR and a 229 LVOC in my stash to fall back on but this Nerf is ridiculous destroying one of the good things in the game.

My PP19 is now better than the g36. The g36 is just another assault rifle now and everyone will go back to using the SMG's again which was the thing they wanted to avoid.

wow. patch notes for tomorrows maintainance:
    Added kill volumes to the Dragon's Nest Incursion
    Increased PvP damage modifier for all weapons by 20%.

there is the response to tanktician. good luck with your health build now boys, it will make you melt anyway.

and typical massive.
    1) they complain that they can't just do mass buffs, then go ahead and do one.
    2) the community screams that 35's are too spongy. so they do a buff to damage, but do it for pvp only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Hi guys. I started playing this last night. I only played through the opening section and have just arrived at my Base of Operations. I have a couple issues/questions that you might help me out with.

1. I played online co-op for one of the introductory side-missions. I've been playing plenty of co-op in Bloodborne recently so I was delighted to see it feature here as well. It's a great way of playing through a main campaign. Will I be able to co-op for most or all of the campaign missions?

2. The amount of equipment and upgrades is a bit daunting. It's not really my scene so the less of it the better, especially since the screen-text is bloody tiny! Does constant upgrading matter more if I plan on playing PVP, or is it necessary even for the single-player campaign? Obviously this is an RPG of sorts so I realise I have to level up, and I'm fine with that, but from reading this thread I can see that a lot of you guys are constantly chasing after various items and equipment. That doesn't interest me so much. I like games where the gameplay and accumulated XP create a natural upgrade path, rather than constantly having to grind and loot.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

you will upgrade fine to level 30. better gear will drop as your level goes up.

the grind begins when you get to level 30 and reach end game, then you start working on gear sets as you will have completed the main game. then it does become a farming game

all the main missions can be matchmaked at the mission start. all the sub missions can be done co-op if you have someone on your squad, but they don't have specific matchmaking functions. at this stage though the difficulty could be finding people who aren't already level 30.

it's not hard to solo it, and to be honest probably more enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

mossym wrote: »
    the grind begins when you get to level 30 and reach end game, then you start working on gear sets as you will have completed the main game. then it does become a farming game

Cool. I might get dragged into PvP at some stage but competitive shooters of any variety aren't really my bag (I suck!) so I suspect I'll just be seeing the campaign through.
    all the main missions can be matchmaked at the mission start. all the sub missions can be done co-op if you have someone on your squad, but they don't have specific matchmaking functions. at this stage though the difficulty could be finding people who aren't already level 30.

it's not hard to solo it, and to be honest probably more enjoyable

I should correct myself. I was playing via matchmaking, not co-op.

Well if it's gonna be more enjoyable then I'll definitely solo it. In the mission I played last night I had support from NPCs, so in that context it felt great having another player alongside. But I suppose other missions would play better on your own.

Anyway, cheers!

I get a decent striker/sentry set.

Then they nerf the hell out of it.

I get a good G36.

I get decent stats so I can do more in the DZ.

Then they nerf the hell out of it by putting me in the 231+ bracket.

Anytime I've made progress or actually achieved anything they just undo it all.

I'm now in a position of doing 206k DPS with my GS229 G36, but I do 181k DPS with the GS204 sidearm instead with the added bonus of unlimited ammo.

Sure they have been nerfing stuff like a mother****er for months and nobody coped it.

If it was not for the online streamers most of it would not be caught.

Terrible state of affairs.

If you watch the last 2-3 SOTG live streams the amount of abuse scrolling up the screen from players is amazing.

No need to stealth nerf anything in this game.

Ah its always the way though, the loud vocal minority will always be giving out on forums and twitch chat. Sure on FIFA's reddit they were planning lawsuits against EA a few weeks back :rolleyes:
    I get a decent striker/sentry set.

I get a good G36.

I get decent stats so I can do more in the DZ.

Then they nerf the hell out of it by putting me in the 231+ bracket.

Anytime I've made progress or actually achieved anything they just undo it all.

I'm now in a position of doing 206k DPS with my GS229 G36, but I do 181k DPS with the GS204 sidearm instead with the added bonus of unlimited ammo.

To be honest the G36 is still the best assault rifle in the game. I tried it out last night and its still really good but you do feel the nerf to stability.

Also, don't just go off sheet DPS. My M1A rifle has a DPS of 120 but it is my best weapon. Things like accuracy and reload speed give a false sheet DPS.

The nerf over the G36 isnt even that bad, People are annoyed they werent open about it more than anything.

Be happy to be in the 231 bracket. The loot drops are much better up there. Run with a semi competent team in DZ 5 and 6, dont rush in on mobs and you will be picking up 229 weapons and 268 gear sets. (well not ALWAYS re. the gear sets but when they do drop! :D )

Finally got my 4th piece Alpha Bridge last night although it rolled the skill power stat instead of stamina. I have the option of either rolling skill stat to Stamina/Firearms or changing health on kill to Crit Damage.

Alpha Bridge is a lot of fun but I its more of a solo build. Sentry is still a really powerful build if you like using marksman rifles, or even if you run an smg/AR just pop out a pistol and three quick headshots and you are doing 45% more damage.

• Advertisement

wow. patch notes for tomorrows maintainance:
    Added kill volumes to the Dragon's Nest Incursion
    Increased PvP damage modifier for all weapons by 20%.

there is the response to tanktician. good luck with your health build now boys, it will make you melt anyway.

and typical massive.
    1) they complain that they can't just do mass buffs, then go ahead and do one.
    2) the community screams that 35's are too spongy. so they do a buff to damage, but do it for pvp only

The more I play this game now the more I REALLY am starting to hate it which is a terrible terrible thing, and its the constant ****ing around more so then the game itself.

Even when it was in its worst state you could adapt and play around it, but now with the constant moving of the goalposts I log in and havent a ****in clue whats what. Its gonna be all shotguns with massive damage now in PvP ffs!

I think the fact they increased damage against PvP and nothing for PvE is a total **** up, the lads running around killing people in 1 second will now kill you in half a second. It will do nothing to entice new players in the DZ. A few lads I play with dont even farm anymore they just PREY on others that have killed bosses and farmed so wait at extractions. And with this type of additions I really cant blame them as its the only worthwhile meta now.....

Game is nose diving big time, best thing they can do is ring EA for some advice at this stage!

:P

Advertisement