Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

joe123 wrote: »
    Ah its always the way though, the loud vocal minority will always be giving out on forums and twitch chat.:rolleyes:

Its deffo not the minority, even the most loyal division fans are fed up with this game now. You will always get the mongos giving out granted even if the game was perfect but this is a whole different level. Massive havent a clue what they are doing and the mere fact most of the nerfs are stealth based is an admission in itself that they messed up beyond belief and have not got the balls to tell the player base.

I know from your posts regarding the game you are a "glass is half full kinda guy" and good luck to you. I was like that too back in the good old days. But the bottom line is that the stats dont lie and the numbers dont lie, the game is dying a thousand deaths and this is a last gasp tactic to try and salvage some players before the PS4 DLC and I said it before I can see the season pass being given out for free.

Here is food for taught:- The 10-13 regular lads I play with only 4 of them (incld me) have the season pass. And they are adamant they are NOT getting it, so if we used that as a guide I bet thousands of others feel the exact same way. I know that if I did not stupidly get it I would not get it now thats for sure!

I can foresee when the new content drops no one even on line to play the ****ing game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I think the fact they increased damage against PvP and nothing for PvE is a total **** up, the lads running around killing people in 1 second will now kill you in half a second. It will do nothing to entice new players in the DZ. A few lads I play with dont even farm anymore they just PREY on others that have killed bosses and farmed so wait at extractions. And with this type of additions I really cant blame them as its the only worthwhile meta now

This has happened me the last few times I've gone into the DZ so I don't really go in anymore.
    Not exactly encouraging to go in and spend time getting some half decent gear only for someone to one shot you at an extraction site and rob it, or just leave it there if they're feeling particularly trolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Its deffo not the minority, even the most loyal division fans are fed up with this game now. /QUOTE]
    yeah, this was my first week been fed up with it, zero interest with all of the hvt missions/dz/challenges/underground, the only thing worth it is todo FL on Heroic, have to spend 30-40 minutes trying to find someone with a 'Mic' and actually know whats going on, so its another form of RNG i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Its deffo not the minority, even the most loyal division fans are fed up with this game now. You will always get the mongos giving out granted even if the game was perfect but this is a whole different level. Massive havent a clue what they are doing and the mere fact most of the nerfs are stealth based is an admission in itself that they messed up beyond belief and have not got the balls to tell the player base.

I know from your posts regarding the game you are a "glass is half full kinda guy" and good luck to you. I was like that too back in the good old days. But the bottom line is that the stats dont lie and the numbers dont lie, the game is dying a thousand deaths and this is a last gasp tactic to try and salvage some players before the PS4 DLC and I said it before I can see the season pass being given out for free.

Here is food for taught:- The 10-13 regular lads I play with only 4 of them (incld me) have the season pass. And they are adamant they are NOT getting it, so if we used that as a guide I bet thousands of others feel the exact same way. I know that if I did not stupidly get it I would not get it now thats for sure!

I can foresee when the new content drops no one even on line to play the ****ing game.....

Don't know if Im a glass half full kind of guy but I just think there is so much pointless giving out over the smallest of stuff. I'm enjoying the game, Il play it and sure I will give constructive criticism but 90% of the stuff people give out about you would swear they are being forced to play it.

Like it feels like months ago when I was asking why you are still playing the game when all you ever do is complain and give out about it but yet here you are still playing it and still giving out about it, not just giving out about it but coming across like you hate it.

I dont know the numbers still playing this game on console. Im guessing 10% of the player base are those that visit reddit, view twitch streams and give out. The other 90% either don't care or don't know about those types of forums. If you post on a forum about it, consider yourself in the 10%. The ratio there would even out the further we go into the games life cycle as its the more devoted players that hang on to playing a game.

Go to ANY games forum, its always people with issues or experiencing bugs etc.

If the game dies it dies, but its only natural especially for game that are big on Consoles, the user base will drop, interest will fade over time. Happens every game. Ubisoft likely have a target of however many players still playing/purchasing DLC by January 2017. If its maintaining that number they'll probably continue to fund it, if not they won't and we will all move on.

Have to say I love the game, haven't had something like this hold my attention in ages. Im not going to lose my mind because the GS231 bracket is tough or they knocked 10% headshot damage of a piece of gear etc. If it stays fun then sound.

Im not saying the game is pefect and constructive feedback is needed. Work needs to be done on the User interface, ways of saving builds, better communication and things like Stealth nerfs come across as sneaky and unnecessary.

Every game has bugs, every game has balance issues and every game experiences ups and downs. Too much over reacting though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Overall i regard theDivision as one of the best games in a while, based purely on the amount time i spent on it, the last game i poured the same amount of effort into was Black OPs II, so would recommend it to anyone.

This was an interesting chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Is the game buggy, **** yeah!
    Do I have fun there? Yep.

As of 1.3 and the stealth nerf. Yes the G36 is nerfed, but tbh if you're running that in the DZ, you're running it without any bonus, which may have been reason to leave it alone.

So a lot more choice there, complainers will note the team bonus from sentry is still available and it rules with a SG and so is 4 piece striker.

G36 probably needed balancing and got it. Shock turret is fixed. Sentry was op, now fixed with the option to retain all bonuses, Strikers was always pretty good in pve and still is, I get a stack then switch to SG FTW.

Other than balancing the game more, what has really changed is you can get a lot more damage out of your armor, you can easily hit the 75% cap and have 20K+ skill power.

We now have:

5 sentry / 1 savage = awesome
    5 striker / 1 savage = awesome
    4 tach / 2 final = awesome
    4 reclaimer = awesome, just not as awesome as it used to be
    4 deadeye = hilarious + awesome
    4 alphabridge = awesome
    4 firecrest meh, but 3 is pretty good.
    4 blind = no thanks

vs

3 striker / 2 sentry / 1 savage / reckless
    or 4 sentry/reckless/savage

I've got 3 alts at the moment, all 50+ DZ rank with one being 90ish (and i picked this game up late)

Currently they have the following loadouts:
    1) 4 reclaimer or 4 Tach (depending on my mood) + 2 final measure or vigorous chest/savage. G36 with coolheaded, M1A with skilled

2) 5 piece sentry (4 + 2 FM should i need it) Shotgun and M1A

3) 5 striker (4 + 2 FM should i need it) tech 9 + Shotgun

I'm thinking about leveling another guy for deadeye, just for the laugh.

I am still playing the game because I invested more then a few euro into it at the start with the various DLC and season pass so I aint gonna walk away from it but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting smaller by the day, let alone by the hour. And TBH the majority of people feel the same they just dont post about it....I was very optimistic about the new stuff but its deffo a case of one inch forward 3 miles back.

And lets not kid ourselves here guys, the game is not a "LITTLE BUGGED" its all over the shop at the minute. Hence the constant tinkering with EVERYTHING....

I mean I can go toe to toe solo with 5 other agents in PVP if my team goes down and cant be killed with the build I perfected but yet one purple shot gunner can 2 shot me from 2 miles away.

I am still playing more for the craic I have with the lads against other agents then the game itself, all I do now is hunt rouges and the incursions and if they were playing Rainbow 6/BF4 or Overwatch then I would be playing that.

At this rate BF1 cant come out quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

So ye guys playing on the PC or XBone or PS foreskin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Strikers was always pretty good in pve and still is, I get a stack then switch to SG FTW.

switching weapons killed your striker stack, if that's been fixed it's only since tuesday?

edit: from the changelogs that hasn't been fixed, so you are getting no bonus after switching

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1469298-Gameplay-Striker%E2%80%99s-Battlegear-buff

So ye guys playing on the PC or XBone or PS foreskin?

Foreskin here dude (thats answering your question not an invitation!!!) :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I think I've finally fallen out of love with the game. The DZ has just finally become a joke for me as a lone player. Every night I've gone on this week there's been a few players hanging around the DZ1 West entrance and extraction looking for lone players and then running when more than one come along. Absolute twats.

There's no reward for running the daily missions any more either. The gear drops are all rubbish and the PC's can't buy anything anymore. The vendor upstairs in the BOO has had nothing but crap for ages. I bought the sniper rifle this week just to use up some of the 2000 credits I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The DZ is full of little bitches now. People who will try to gank an extraction and just hang around looking for people extracting. As soon as you have a decent go at them they run and run. They start a fight but will not hang around to finish it. On Monday night it took us about 45 minutes to do one successful extraction. Got 9 items out in total that night - mainly due to the fact that as soon as we got our extraction out we decided to go after them.

Sunday was the same. I was in with one other player. Some guy decided to repeatedly go for him but ran away from me because he could not take me on. It took me at least 45 minutes to extract an assault rifle that my team mate dropped during one of his many deaths.

The game really frustrated me over the weekend, but then the G36 dropped and it became fun again. Then it got nerfed.
    TBH the game is only somewhat enjoyable in a team of 4 and if RNG smiles on you a little. RNG does not like me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I am still playing the game because I invested more then a few euro into it at the start with the various DLC and season pass so I aint gonna walk away from it but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting smaller by the day, let alone by the hour. And TBH the majority of people feel the same they just dont post about it....I was very optimistic about the new stuff but its deffo a case of one inch forward 3 miles back.

And lets not kid ourselves here guys, the game is not a "LITTLE BUGGED" its all over the shop at the minute. Hence the constant tinkering with EVERYTHING....

I mean I can go toe to toe solo with 5 other agents in PVP if my team goes down and cant be killed with the build I perfected but yet one purple shot gunner can 2 shot me from 2 miles away.

I am still playing more for the craic I have with the lads against other agents then the game itself, all I do now is hunt rouges and the incursions and if they were playing Rainbow 6/BF4 or Overwatch then I would be playing that.

At this rate BF1 cant come out quick enough.

I bought the Gold Edition before launch.

Haven't played since the week before the first Incursion was launched so I haven't even played any of the DLC I paid for. I got about 60 hours before that so I got value for money.

It's just not worth the hassle to me and I've been playing Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Ori and The Blind Forest and a little Overwatch since I stopped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »

Wonder if they can supply drop the money for the game back into my account..LMAO!

Better then a purple headed axe taking you down in 2 shots I suppose :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The SP supply drops are per character, not per account too.

Wonder if they can supply drop the money for the game back into my account..LMAO!

Better then a purple headed axe taking you down in 2 shots I suppose :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, how many hours have you played in The Division? I just find it gas that people are wanting money back for a game they have likely 200+ hours put into.

If the game was not in anyways fun, people wouldn't play it.

There are games out there you pay 70 quid for and get 10-20 hours out of. There are issues and certainly something needs to be done with PVP but come on, we see enough of this entitled culture on most forums. No need to have it here!

The SP supply drops are per character, not per account too.

Big incentive to level up Alt characters. Is there any quick way of doing it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

get a level 30 to run the missions and you run along behind him, you get all teh completion points and if you stay close enough get the kill points too. i took a fresh character to 30 in a weekend doing it that way. last few levels are a grind though as you are doing all the rubbish sub missions

mossym wrote: »
    get a level 30 to run the missions and you run along behind him, you get all teh completion points and if you stay close enough get the kill points too. i took a fresh character to 30 in a weekend doing it that way. last few levels are a grind though as you are doing all the rubbish sub missions

Ive been farming the amerhersts apartment or whatever its called the last few days to try and get the Caduecus(sp). I noticed a few low levels matchmade in with me so they must have tought it was great as I was running through it every 5 minutes :D

Wonder would I get lucky trying that. How long would you be looking at to level an alt do you think?

• Advertisement

Guess I'll find out soon. I wanted an alt for storage space, and three extra GS268/229 drops every two weeks makes it more worthwhile than just a glorified human locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There are games out there you pay 70 quid for and get 10-20 hours out of

I'd be seriously disappointed if I paid €70 for 10 hours for a game.

The story would have to be amazing to make up for such a high price and low play time.

LMAO it doesn't matter how many hours I put in if you wanna be technical about it I paid alot of money over all for a game that he never was right. No wonder developers release rubbish if people just except playing sub par games for 20+ hours they get away with it. It's the over all principal of the matter. Would you apply the same logic to a new car that only lasted 6mths but we're the best 6mths driving you ever had.

We are never gonna see eye to eye on this one m8 and it's all good, just hope I don't bump into u in the DZ burn!!!! Lol

On another note does anybody else not find it very weird that massive are only now rewarding season pass holders???? Now that the new content is dropping and numbers are way down!

But then again I always think the worse, have to take my tin foil hat off!

On another note does anybody else not find it very weird that massive are only now rewarding season pass holders???? Now that the new content is dropping and numbers are way down!

But then again I always think the worse, have to take my tin foil hat off!

Nothing weird, it's exactly what it looks like: a blatant attempt at appeasement.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd be seriously disappointed if I paid €70 for 10 hours for a game.

The story would have to be amazing to make up for such a high price and low play time.

Oh no I totally agree but there are plenty of games put out there that are that price/ length. I'm just saying its ridiculous people look for refunds on games they have spent 100/200+ hours into. Like it or not if you've played a game for that length and spent 70/quid you've got good moneys worth out of it.
    LMAO it doesn't matter how many hours I put in if you wanna be technical about it I paid alot of money over all for a game that he never was right. No wonder developers release rubbish if people just except playing sub par games for 20+ hours they get away with it. It's the over all principal of the matter. Would you apply the same logic to a new car that only lasted 6mths but we're the best 6mths driving you ever had.

We are never gonna see eye to eye on this one m8 and it's all good, just hope I don't bump into u in the DZ burn!!!! Lol

Of course it matters how long you've played it for. To change your analogy its like buying a car, driving it for 6 months and then handing it back wanting a refund because you are tired of it, the seats aren't as comfortable, the radio doesn't sound as good as you'd hoped.It still runs, its a nice drive and youve clocked up 5k miles. You aint getting no refund! Some balancing issues and a few bugs do not make a broken game.

Every game has bugs. Every bit of software created has bugs. Its not like Massive have shut up shop. Its clear they are working hard to make this better. I've played games in dire need of patches and you would be lucky to get one every three months.
    Nothing weird, it's exactly what it looks like: a blatant attempt at appeasement.

Yep, they even stated yesterday that they had content planned for season pass but realised expectations far outweighed what they had initially planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Well I guess it's time for my occasional (and oft beer induced) SGCPs (State of the Games from Creed's Perspective). First up, god help me, I think I actually need to agree with Joe on something O_o . Hours played. I think it does speak to the game and yes value can be derived from how many hours we have put in. Ok, yes it's far from perfect and full of HUGE INSANE facepalms and I've complained plenty on this thread about them but personally I've just hit around 300 hours. There are a handful of games I've put that time into since first getting into gaming with my sweet little C64. Left4Dead(1 and 2), TA, Supreme Commander, Sins of a Solar Empire and Warframe I think (cumulatively the BF series would be in there too). There are times The Division drives me nuts with some of the pervading bugs (for example I have an Nvidia 690, so 2x680s on 1 card, as much as the game was advertised as SLI ready and it normally uses it well I have never been able to play an incursion all the way through due to crashes, which is common with SLI) and their design choices but I look at the game now and finally say, after the last patch and DLC, that it's in better shape than at release. It has taken this long, which it never should have, but I think they are starting to build on the release in a way they should have since day 1. To put this in context I bought this day one mainly taking a chance because I was bored with pretty much everything else out at the time. After my first day I loved it and thought fk it I'd go against my own rule of not pre-ordering anymore and get the Season pass. I didn't thought, wanted to give them time to show they could grow the brand well....and they didn't. I went from being so optimistic to just being amazed at the mistakes they were making. At the same time I persuaded one friend to buy it, eventually bought it when on half-price sale for 2 others in our usual group. Basically on the belief there was an excellent core and that they would get better. I built up a small friends list of about 20 folks or so on Uplay that were just dedicated to this game, mostly Boardsies and their mates. No one on my list plays it anymore. Zilch. I can understand why but at the same time I just spent about 5 hours running UG and HVT missions, playing with new gear and having a blast. I don't group with randoms, I am what I like to consider an approachable solo player. When in the DZ I was the guy always trying to help others, and unfortunately getting shot in the back so many times I gave that up - I recognise the DZ for what it is, respect that there are folks that like it as is but personally I think it's too toxic (and I love PvP games btw, just not dishonorable one for want of a better definition). So I guess I have a different PoV to Joe and Wonda - I am a consummate solo player now for better or worse. And yeah, it's gotten better. The sense of reward is there finally, not just for missions but for the Season pass (Thank you 3 Alts for my nice new 229 Shotty and God M1A, alongside some nice GearSet stuff).
    Looking at the back and forth between Joe and Wonda I just think I'm seeing 2 different responses to the same basic love of the game. One is happy (as was said) to see the glass half full and see the value in the fact he is still playing the fk out of it, the other questioning why he still is. My own opinion? you are still playing it because you love it enough to be playing it at the bleeding edge, putting tremendous thought into every kit decision, the way it's meant to be played, but because of that you more clearly see and are getting so frustrated at the way Massive are getting things wrong. Most folks won't see those errors, or at least not feel disgust to the same degree because at this stage you are standing on the bleeding fkn edge of gameplay, they walk away and move on. Take a breath, step back, and appreciate that a simple mass of pixels can even make you feel this way. The good and the bad, and I know there is plenty of the latter.

My drunken $.02

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yo drunken self needs to remember to use paragraphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

As someone who has recently started playing again, I am enjoying myself but I can definitely appreciate where wonda and such are coming from. It seems many who love this game tend to want to sweep the bugs and what not under the carpet and play down how much they actually affect the overall experience.

In all honesty my first few days back playing were so bug and glitch filled I nearly gave up again immediately. My first two days were plagued by bugs not letting me start missions, bugs not letting me pick up collectibles, bugs stopping me from carrying on with missions after I'd died because the game would auto respawn me at a safehouse as soon as I approached my death marker, and, bugs that would jumble my stats up and prevent me from seeing my actual character development. Oh and lets not forget Massive's broken matchmaking system that refused to place me in DZ brackets appropriate to my gear score, essentially making participating in the DZ impossible till I hit 231+.

All that said though I am enjoying my time with the game again now that I have hit a point where the bugs aren't affecting me as often, but I don't agree with calling someone entitled because they expect a game to work better than it did at launch, months after they started playing it, no matter how many hours they have played it. Broken games are being released far too often these days and making dissatisfaction heard, rather than have a sweep it under the rug or stop playing attitude, is the only way developers will ever learn.

• Advertisement

goon_magee wrote: »
    As someone who has recently started playing again, I am enjoying myself but I can definitely appreciate where wonda and such are coming from. It seems many who love this game tend to want to sweep the bugs and what not under the carpet and play down how much they actually affect the overall experience.

In all honesty my first few days back playing were so bug and glitch filled I nearly gave up again immediately. My first two days were plagued by bugs not letting me start missions, bugs not letting me pick up collectibles, bugs stopping me from carrying on with missions after I'd died because the game would auto respawn me at a safehouse as soon as I approached my death marker, and, bugs that would jumble my stats up and prevent me from seeing my actual character development. Oh and lets not forget Massive's broken matchmaking system that refused to place me in DZ brackets appropriate to my gear score, essentially making participating in the DZ impossible till I hit 231+.

All that said though I am enjoying my time with the game again now that I have hit a point where the bugs aren't affecting me as often, but I don't agree with calling someone entitled because they expect a game to work better than it did at launch, months after they started playing it, no matter how many hours they have played it. Broken games are being released far too often these days and making dissatisfaction heard, rather than have a sweep it under the rug or stop playing attitude, is the only way developers will ever learn.

What are you talking about Goon the game is perfect......:pac::pac:

Advertisement