Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What are you talking about Goon the game is perfect......:pac::pac:

Don't think anyone said the game is perfect! :pac: Just not a demand a refund and a free house sense of entitlement :p

Nah I'll leave it now. Summed up fairly well from all sides really.

On another point, I've been farming Amherst apartment for the Caduceus since getting 4 piece alpha bridge. You can run it in 3 1/2 minutes. Ive spent the guts over 4/5 hours since Thursday doing the same mission over and over and still it hasnt dropped. 100+ runs

Im at the point now where I won't do anything else in the game until Ive got it out of spite. Accumulated 2.5 million credits from doing it too.

I need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry my bad bruh.....

What you talking about goon the game is "FULL OF LITTLE BUGS!

"Denial" is also a river in Eygpt dude.....lol, dont sweat it mate enjoy your Caddy 182 Elite weapon when you get it ( and then never use it coz its obsolete the second it drops)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sorry my bad bruh.....

What you talking about goon the game is "FULL OF LITTLE BUGS!

"Denial" is also a river in Eygpt dude.....lol, dont sweat it mate enjoy your Caddy 182 Elite weapon when you get it ( and then never use it coz its obsolete the second it drops)

Definitely not obsolete. Only assault rifle that can run with coolheaded. Pair that with alpha bridge and a second 229 assault rifle and you have skills constantly up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

joe123 wrote: »
    Definitely not obsolete. Only assault rifle that can run with coolheaded. Pair that with alpha bridge and a second 229 assault rifle and you have skills constantly up.

you'll have a fairly weak skill constantly up. if running smart cover for instance, you'll likely be down way under 50% damage resistance and 40% damage buff, which you'll be able to run constantly alright.

but if you really want to run constant skills surely a proper skill build which will give you the 100% uptime, but a fully capped 75% limiter an 50% buff, is better? especially given how any level worth doing these days is an ammo sink, and running two of the one gun just sinks ammo?

mossym wrote: »
    you'll have a fairly weak skill constantly up. if running smart cover for instance, you'll likely be down way under 50% damage resistance and 40% damage buff, which you'll be able to run constantly alright.

but if you really want to run constant skills surely a proper skill build which will give you the 100% uptime, but a fully capped 75% limiter an 50% buff, is better? especially given how any level worth doing these days is an ammo sink, and running two of the one gun just sinks ammo?

Well im currently at something like 37k skill power, 160 DPS but this jumps a fair bit with pulse and 410k toughness. What level do you have to have your skill power at to have constant skills up? As far as I knew I thought there was never a state this would be possible.

With Alpha Bridge its definitely an Ammo Sink but to try it out Id have two smgs, two AR's and two MMRs. Coolheaded is every headshot speeds up your skill cooldown by 5% so each bullet on an Assault Rifle would have it back up straight away pretty much.

Alpha Bridge would definitely be more of a solo type build. Could end up being rubbish tho!

• Advertisement

The minute you stop farming just for that gun is the time you will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm hoping the survivor Dlc will be some sort of DayZ type scenario where you actually have to scavenge for bullets and resources. No crap gear sets , just a deadly post apocalyptic environment.The way the game should have been from day 1.

Well im currently at something like 37k skill power, 160 DPS but this jumps a fair bit with pulse and 410k toughness. What level do you have to have your skill power at to have constant skills up? As far as I knew I thought there was never a state this would be possible.

With Alpha Bridge its definitely an Ammo Sink but to try it out Id have two smgs, two AR's and two MMRs. Coolheaded is every headshot speeds up your skill cooldown by 5% so each bullet on an Assault Rifle would have it back up straight away pretty much.

Alpha Bridge would definitely be more of a solo type build. Could end up being rubbish tho!

we were running dragons nest on heroic last night, i was running 4 piece tacticians with smart cover and pulse as the skills. both were maxed out while we were dealing damage, i can get to 37k skill on it without the 4 piece buff but it doesn't max out the smart cover.

my TA setup for team support role is 160kdps, 480k toughness, 32k skill. skill goes to 60k+ when on a team so everything maxed. i run smart cover and pulse, both are maxed and up 100% of the time. that means my dps means nothing as the buffs from pulse and smart cover still mean i'm hitting like a tank. in addition, have the talent on my vector that gives health back for critical htis, and have it modded for high critical chance, so with the pulse i am maxing crit hit as well.

so i don't run a heal, i get healed from the smart cover and my crit hits. did the whole of dragons nest on heroic without going down, without using a medkit , and using the smart cover, vector and teammate heals to keep me healed.

the only place i can see the caduseus in an alphabridge setup being useful would be running flashbangs or tracker mines if you already had a strong skills build running smart cover/pulse. or maybe solo as you said. otherwise i think you;d be better running high skill power and having the bonus of the skills max buffs and 100% up time. you're only getting half that with the caduceus.

that's only thinking about it though, not tried it (the caduceus)

I'm hoping the survivor Dlc will be some sort of DayZ type scenario where you actually have to scavenge for bullets and resources. No crap gear sets , just a deadly post apocalyptic environment.The way the game should have been from day 1.

so, fallout 5 then?

so, fallout 5 then?

More of a king of the hill type mode like the mod in Arma but that wouldn't appeal to the vast majority.

Something where everyone has a set amount of health. The part of the game I enjoyed the most was at the very start where you had limited weapons and had to actually scavenge to find loot to make better armour and clothing. I knows it's been done to death in other games but they have really dropped the ball in the potential of the game and that is Fact.

• Advertisement

come on, it's not fact. it's a fact that's the way you want the game to be, and as you said there is plenty of other games like that. there are enough issues with the game without wishing it was a skin on fallout.

So what are hoping for in the survival dlc?

I'm not really sure what angle they are going at with the next DLC. The trailer did give the impression of a scavenging for food/supplies type feel but that could be misleading.

I reckon this is going to be an arena type game mode. Capture the flag, deathmatch, last man standing type stuff. PVP needs a lot of work though.

I actually hope they don't throw another load of Gear sets at us just for the sake of it. Some of the current ones need to be reworked or even the likes of Sentry left behind at the 268 gear score.

So just seen Deadeye is completely broken! Another stacking exploit. Unbelievably poor from QA to have another stacking exploit. Not to mention of the new 4 new gearsets, Reclaimer and Deadeye both were broken upon release.

So just seen Deadeye is completely broken! Another stacking exploit. Unbelievably poor from QA to have another stacking exploit. Not to mention of the new 4 new gearsets, Reclaimer and Deadeye both were broken upon release.

and alphabridge..

and alphabridge..

What was broken with Alpha Bridge?

you could stack the talents of numerous guns, plus switch to other guns and still have the talents. already been fixed.

you could stack the talents of numerous guns, plus switch to other guns and still have the talents. already been fixed.

Oh yeah thats right! The majority of new sets introduced all had issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

So I've been thinking about this for a while now. Is it any good? Worth getting?

That I survive long enough to play it without kicking the ****in TV off the stand in frustration tbh !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

DJ90 wrote: »
    So I've been thinking about this for a while now. Is it any good? Worth getting?

Yeah go for it, I have spent so many hours in this game it's crazy. I'm on holidays for two weeks and i can't wait to get back at it looting etc sad i know. The atmosphere and the setting (an abandoned desolate New York) massive have created is amazing.

People might bitch and moan about this bug etc or this doesn't work but still you still find they log on every day for a couple of hours. It's very addictive, it's also a very social game. I was always a lone wolf playing COD never made friends :( (awww)... :) but with this game you have to team up to do missions and don't worry if your buddies dont play this game, the match making is great one of the highlights of the game.oh yeah make sure you have a mic you will need it!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Really good farm method that Streamerhouse have put up. If anyone is interested in giving this a go drop me a message.

Really good farm method that Streamerhouse have put up. If anyone is interested in giving this a go drop me a message.

posted in the xbox thread that i'd like to find 3 others to do this, have done it the last few nights with varied success, so would like to find a regular group to run it with that can clear it and FL heroic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

posted in the xbox thread that i'd like to find 3 others to do this, have done it the last few nights with varied success, so would like to find a regular group to run it with that can clear it and FL heroic

I'll be back from me holliers this weekend so I'm planning to put in right shift. Give me a shout if I'm on.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Todays changes are to improve the UG loot, a bit late to help me, but at least the PS4 players won't suffer through an endless pile of Firecrest and Blind.
    "Rewards from Underground Operation Directives will now also include all gear sets from Updates 1.1 and 1.2 and you have a chance to receive additional loot when completing Operations with 4+ Directives.
    Rewards from Underground Sealed Caches will now include all weapon types as well as all Underground and Update 1.3 gear sets.
    Named NPCs in the Underground now have increased drop rates across all difficulties and doing multiple phase operations will give you a better chance at higher quality gear.”

Spear wrote: »
    Todays changes are to improve the UG loot, a bit late to help me, but at least the PS4 players won't suffer through an endless pile of Firecrest and Blind.

Badly needed, I actually stopped playing at level 14 in the UG as I had a feeling they would make changes to the loot drops.

Currently trying to level up an Alt so I can make use of the additional supply drops. I've found its much quicker running the missions solo than having groups.

Anyone got any tips for power leveling an alt? I don't really have anyone that would be willing to jump in at level 30 to grind the missions for me but I don't really mind re running them to be honest.

Badly needed, I actually stopped playing at level 14 in the UG as I had a feeling they would make changes to the loot drops.

Currently trying to level up an Alt so I can make use of the additional supply drops. I've found its much quicker running the missions solo than having groups.

Anyone got any tips for power leveling an alt? I don't really have anyone that would be willing to jump in at level 30 to grind the missions for me but I don't really mind re running them to be honest.

i'll rerun the top missions for you if you want, general assembly, russian consulate, lexington. have done it a good few times for lads i play with, cab run the 3 in less than an hour and it brings people up 8 to 12 levels depending on what level they started at

saw you on with a low level last night alright so figured that was what you were at

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Unfortunately I'm already at UG level 37. Guess this now makes an alt even more productive.

Spear wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm already at UG level 37. Guess this now makes an alt even more productive.

curious, why?. the open loot table for the directives is surely the big plus from this. the caches for levelling up will still be limited to the new sets, so unless you are after those sets (and at level 37 you must have loads of each) then the directives giving everything should still be the big reward?

• Advertisement

curious, why?. the open loot table for the directives is surely the big plus from this. the caches for levelling up will still be limited to the new sets, so unless you are after those sets (and at level 37 you must have loads of each) then the directives giving everything should still be the big reward?

Because I read the change wrong....

I was a little too optimistic when I read the change in UG caches giving all weapons types, and wrongly thought that this also meant gear sets.

Advertisement