Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Spear wrote: »
    Because I read the change wrong....

I was a little too optimistic when I read the change in UG caches giving all weapons types, and wrongly thought that this also meant gear sets.

Thought the sealed caches would have been random too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

joe123 wrote: »
    Thought the sealed caches would have been random too.

Sealed would be the DZ, so anything goes for them, unlike the UG ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Haven't played this in about 2 weeks....will load it up when new DLC drops.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Don't suppose there are any pc players that would speed run the highest level missions for me? Playing this on pc now as well as Xbox,and having ranked up two characters on Xbox im being a bit impatient and want to get my pc character to 30 so I can start collecting gear asap. Would be greatly appreciated')

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some random tips for the PS4 players starting on UG:

Investigate an Area just means pass through it, you don't need to do or kill anyone since there's no drops from the NPCs other than consumables.

Cache content level is decided when received, not when opened, so storing them for a later gear score doesn't achieve anything.

Always open the random loot crates, they do sometimes, albeit rarely, give higher value gear pieces, e.g. 240s on the hard level.

Don't overlook the crate that's down some dead end stairs in the small area that consists of a few small shops, and some loose civilians.

You can view the entire map at the end of a level in case you've missed intel or crates.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Some random tips for the PS4 players starting on UG:

Investigate an Area just means pass through it, you don't need to do or kill anyone since there's no drops from the NPCs other than consumables.

Cache content level is decided when received, not when opened, so storing them for a later gear score doesn't achieve anything.

Always open the random loot crates, they do sometimes, albeit rarely, give higher value gear pieces, e.g. 240s on the hard level.

Don't overlook the crate that's down some dead end stairs in the small area that consists of a few small shops, and some loose civilians.

You can view the entire map at the end of a level in case you've missed intel or crates.

Wow did not know this!!

Wow did not know this!!

And the main large map works at all times, even if the directive that remove the mini map is on.

you don't need to wait till the end. call up the map during the mission and you will see the stuff that is close/you have already passed.

mossym wrote: »
    you don't need to wait till the end. call up the map during the mission and you will see the stuff that is close/you have already passed.

Yeah, I worded that poorly.

Back playing today, so we see whats what. Alot of online mates not playing this as they refused to buy DLC so numbers are down big time. Find myself match making alot now......

EDR is a must for Dragons Nest I tell ya that!!!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

strong skill build or tactician running smart cover and immunizer and no need for EDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Back playing today, so we see whats what. Alot of online mates not playing this as they refused to buy DLC so numbers are down big time. Find myself match making alot now......

Behind the mobs, next to the stairs, in the corner is some off the ground cover () cars don't explode when you're off the ground. Run around the mobs to this cover.

Put an immunizer in the wedge between the cars on the right. Run smart cover, 2 tactical links, immunizor + ammo.

Kill everything, watch the door behind you. when the bosses come, fire off tachtical link, kill boss bwhind you, then boss to the left, then next two.

Leave after this and repeat for unlimited loot drops. An ammo station means zero downtime in the run.

Check out the Dragons Nest Farm video I posted. Ran this with a matchmade group for a while last week and it was mighty.

I ran with 4 pc Sentry, one fella in the group was a tactician skill build and the one was a very strong DPS. We were able to mow through the bosses on Heroic one at a time before crazy amounts of waves spawned. The main thing to keep an eye out for is the two or three axe men that rush you.

I actually still haven't completed it on Heroic as we just farmed the 4 horsemen over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Is the dragons nest incursion available for ps4 players yet?

Is the dragons nest incursion available for ps4 players yet?

Yes it went live yesterday 2nd August.

Been playing much more Underground lately. Its such a pain that the 268 gear is locked behind Heroic which doesn't unlock until you hit Level 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭yesJME

Not a huge fan of this game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yesJME wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of this game at all.

Its marmite.

The 1st 20 levels are fun. Then you either love or hate what comes next.

In fairness a lot free content has been released, I havent played in months but do intend do having read the opinions on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Very frustrating last night, went on to do some serious farming on the four horse men as I have a mix match of gear all i seem to have is lone star....

Anyway I match made with some randoms and all looked good, we all had 245+ gear score and everybody had mics everybody had done it before (me only once but I knew the drill) But could we f**k do it wiped out numerous times even before the horse men came out! After an hour trying I only got 1 268 blind backpack(rubbish). Everybody quit.

So then i teamed up with friend who was online in the dz and explained my story and he laughed saying it was piss easy "he could nearly do it solo" and he would show me how's it done. We got a bunch together all friends, no randoms, strong team play every night. We had reclaimer, sentry, TA the full Monty. It took us 3 go's to get past even the very first cleaners. Then same as the last time we only managed to kill one horseman :( tried it a couple of more times but we couldn't get it done arhhhhhhh

3 hours wasted....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Very frustrating last night, went on to do some serious farming on the four horse men as I have a mix match of gear all i seem to have is lone star....

Anyway I match made with some randoms and all looked good, we all had 245+ gear score and everybody had mics everybody had done it before (me only once but I knew the drill) But could we f**k do it wiped out numerous times even before the horse men came out! After an hour trying I only got 1 268 blind backpack(rubbish). Everybody quit.

So then i teamed up with friend who was online in the dz and explained my story and he laughed saying it was piss easy "he could nearly do it solo" and he would show me how's it done. We got a bunch together all friends, no randoms, strong team play every night. We had reclaimer, sentry, TA the full Monty. It took us 3 go's to get past even the very first cleaners. Then same as the last time we only managed to kill one horseman :( tried it a couple of more times but we couldn't get it done arhhhhhhh

3 hours wasted....

ran it last night with a bunch of randoms that grouped up via the discord channel, we wiped a few times, two of the guys were getting a bit frosty with each other over their roles, but in fairness we cleared the 4 6 or 7 times in an hour or so. as always not a single green drop. but i did get donated some nice alphabridge pieces the other guys didn't want.

i don't think anyone could do it solo, you need the mix of talents.

• Advertisement

No way someone could farm the four horsemen solo IMO.

Its been a while since I've done it but I was very lucky with my group.

I ran the immune station and over heal. 4 piece sentry and two final measure.

One guy ran maxed skill power with smart cover and pulse

One guy was pure DPS who also ran immuniser.

Pretty sure all four of us ran with the signature skill that increases damage.

After that its pretty much focus fire the heavies at the beginning, then run round to the crates at the back without agro and focus fire the rushers while constantly throwing out skills.

Then what we did was first boss came out the. Door behind us and one of us sigd and we all focused fired.

He goes down then two need to focus the rushers and then I think it was petulance focus fired, the death and then war.

Not certain on the rotation at the end two bosses but definitely the flame thrower boss 2nd. Its vital you have guys running the extra damage SIG. I think one of us ran with defensive SIG just in case but you shouldnt need it.

After that you pick off the remaining mobs and you can even leave a few up or wipe, your gear will still be there.

If ya see me on throw me a message as I'd def like to try it again.

mossym wrote: »
    ran it last night with a bunch of randoms that grouped up via the discord channel, we wiped a few times, two of the guys were getting a bit frosty with each other over their roles, but in fairness we cleared the 4 6 or 7 times in an hour or so. as always not a single green drop. but i did get donated some nice alphabridge pieces the other guys didn't want.

i don't think anyone could do it solo, you need the mix of talents.

I think he was only joking he could do it solo but I suppose what he meant was it was a piece of piss and I dont think its that. You need a good team working very well together and it can be relatively easy but one mistake and someone goes down or gets dead, things can go pear shaped very easily.

Thinking back over it this morning we had everything right (nearly) immunisers, two different smart covers so they could stack, good team etc etc. But one thing we were missing was the tactical link instead of survivor link. The first dude would go down fast but the other three were on top of us very fast. If we had that extra damage buff with the tactical link I think we would have gotten them down faster. Complacency I think didnt help either going in thinking you are going to breeze it will get you killed.

I'll be on over the weekend again dont know about tonight but if I'm on give me a shout.

Trick is to kill them all at the same time (horsemen), so get them all down to low health and wipe them out. Otherwise, every time you kill one of them a new wave of AI spawn.......

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I think he was only joking he could do it solo but I suppose what he meant was it was a piece of piss and I dont think its that. You need a good team working very well together and it can be relatively easy but one mistake and someone goes down or gets dead, things can go pear shaped very easily.

Thinking back over it this morning we had everything right (nearly) immunisers, two different smart covers so they could stack, good team etc etc. But one thing we were missing was the tactical link instead of survivor link. The first dude would go down fast but the other three were on top of us very fast. If we had that extra damage buff with the tactical link I think we would have gotten them down faster. Complacency I think didnt help either going in thinking you are going to breeze it will get you killed.

I'll be on over the weekend again dont know about tonight but if I'm on give me a shout.

you shouldn't need 2 smart covers(they don't stack anyway, i presume you meant overlap?), if you did whoever was running your smart cover wasn't high enough skill.

i run tact or sentry depending on what the team is short, if running tact i run smart cover and pulse, my base skill is 32k, but it maxes as soon as start shooting. with that, my smart cover is ready again when the first one dies. last night ran sentry and a non tact ran smart cover but his skill at 40k was enough to do the same, his smart cover was back by the time the first one died.

if that's not the case your smart cover probably isn't maxed which is why you had such a hard time of it.

Trick is to kill them all at the same time (horsemen), so get them all down to low health and wipe them out. Otherwise, every time you kill one of them a new wave of AI spawn.......

don't really need to, with a proper smart cover and immunizer the only NPC's that spawn that you have to worry about are the two axe rushers that spawn after the first guy does down. the rest you can leave there. the danger in leaving them alive is if you wipe you get nothing. it's no harder to kill them in turn and then if you do wipe you can run in collect, and restart the whole mision without having to shoot again

Yea as Mossy was saying, for the four Horseman farm, you just focus fire each boss and you are left then picking off the mobs which doesnt take long.

Ran it again yesterday with a really good group. Two of us Sentry, (the other Sentry ran with 4k firearms and very little skill power) one Skill power build and one Reclaimer. The reclaimer is a massive help.

Two immunizers, One pulse, one smart cover if not two I can't remember exactly and one over heal and I actually ran booster shot instead of overheal which gave us even more damage. One of the guys even ran the ammo cache.

It was the most efficient group I've run with yet and we were clearing it within 7-10 minutes each time.

Yea as Mossy was saying, for the four Horseman farm, you just focus fire each boss and you are left then picking off the mobs which doesnt take long.

Ran it again yesterday with a really good group. Two of us Sentry, (the other Sentry ran with 4k firearms and very little skill power) one Skill power build and one Reclaimer. The reclaimer is a massive help.

Two immunizers, One pulse, one smart cover if not two I can't remember exactly and one over heal and I actually ran booster shot instead of overheal which gave us even more damage. One of the guys even ran the ammo cache.

It was the most efficient group I've run with yet and we were clearing it within 7-10 minutes each time.

that's the key alright, team with the right pieces and it is just rinse and repeat. had nver run booster until thursday night when one guy said to turn it on and it was a big help, don;t really need the overheal with the immunizer and smart cover heal up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very tempted to get this in Argos for 35 atm. I enjoyed the beta but seemed like it might get a bit boring just going for loot fighting off waves of enemies. I stopped playing Borderlands 2 because of that issue. Is the story/main missions worth the asking price? I see a few patches were released with changes to gameplay. As it stands, would ye rcommend it? Also, is the DLC worth it? I see the game and season pass (gold edition) is on sale on psn for 60 euro, down from 110 (which seems absolutely mental). Season pass worth it so far?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Very tempted to get this in Argos for 35 atm. I enjoyed the beta but seemed like it might get a bit boring just going for loot fighting off waves of enemies. I stopped playing Borderlands 2 because of that issue. Is the story/main missions worth the asking price? I see a few patches were released with changes to gameplay. As it stands, would ye rcommend it? Also, is the DLC worth it? I see the game and season pass (gold edition) is on sale on psn for 60 euro, down from 110 (which seems absolutely mental). Season pass worth it so far?

I have gotten some serious hours out of this game I think it's worth it. The main story missions are good and plenty of them to be worth the investment.

Regarding the end game it's a bit complicated:) the PvP element in the DZ is not great what you have are highly geared gank squads going around just pissing people off, it's not really balanced well.

The PvE element is just basically re doing the main story missions just upping the difficultly, or the incursions' which are hoard mode missions that can be very hard (I don't like them). Problem here is getting loot it can be very frustrating you can find yourself getting the same stuff so the time.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

If you like looting games and working/grinding to improve your gear then you will love this game.

Running from Level 1-30 is alot of fun. Ive done it with two characters now.

I havent invested as many hours into a game since I dont know when. I must be on 300+ at this stage and I still look forward to playing it. I can see why some people wouldn't enjoy this game though. If you don't like grinding and doing some micro managing of your gear etc, I don't know will you like it.

This game is very much like a cross between Borderlands and Watchdogs so if you didn't like the bullet sponge type enemies in Borderlands, this may not be for you.

The end game content, especially on Heroic (hardest difficulty) is extremely punishing. Alot of people blame the game but to be honest if you co ordinate with a group and play patient it shines.

Should also mention, if you don't like matchmaking with groups, the end game content is next to impossible to do solo.

PvP is not fun the way it currently is but I love running the PvE content. Undergound is the first DLC. Survival is yet to be released and is likely to come in September.

Advertisement