Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fol20 wrote: »
    Ah ok, can you do the same on the xbone store?

You can. Or order on Amazon and you'll get an email after a few minutes that allows you reg for the beta.

I got my code that way earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fol20 wrote: »
    Ah ok, can you do the same on the xbone store?

You'll be charged instantly on xbox however.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Looks like Tom Clancys The Destiny. That said I like Destiny so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Back in the day I gave Saints Row a chance because of GTA and loved it, maybe the same will happen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Downloading the Beta now. I think for Xboxers like myself this is playable from 9am tomorrow so I'll be spending all morning at this till I work at 3pm. I've never played one of these games before so I'm kinda thinking looking at the vids that a lot of the gameplay will be a little like GTA5 with co-op missions and so on.

Apparently on release the game will only have Manhatten on it and the rest will be DLC. Hopefully we'll get some areas for free.

Edit: pricking dupe posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Beta's now live on XB1. Doesn't seem any different than the Alpha from what I could see.

You can now download for PS4. 26GB download.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can now download for PS4. 26GB download.

You could download it already but it is saying that server won't open til Midday Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have just pre ordered it on the ps store, but cannot download the beta..

any tips ??

thanks...

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I have just pre ordered it on the ps store, but cannot download the beta..

any tips ??

thanks...

Go back into the store and search for the division. It should find the beta now as well as the main game and it will be free to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Go back into the store and search for the division. It should find the beta now as well as the main game and it will be free to download.

went back to the store and its telling me the beta is not available for purchase ?

That's very strange. If say check your preorder, make sure you completed the purchase.

The season pass details are out and the 3 main updates are Underground (new locations under the city are opened up) cuz ya know, everyone likes tunnel sections in games. 2 is a high level zone for end game players and 3 is 'The Last Stand' but Ubi are remaining quiet about it. Im guessing that's Brooklyn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

So what time any PC people going to be playing tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That's very strange. If say check your preorder, make sure you completed the purchase.

The season pass details are out and the 3 main updates are Underground (new locations under the city are opened up) cuz ya know, everyone likes tunnel sections in games. 2 is a high level zone for end game players and 3 is 'The Last Stand' but Ubi are remaining quiet about it. Im guessing that's Brooklyn

Apparently can no longer do the old pre order and cancel to get the beta, UBISOFT are wide to the situation and changed it.

Google it, seen it on some gaming site there about 20 mins ago lads.

I managed to get an hour in this morning just after 9am and I really enjoyed it. Will probably get 3 hours from midnight tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Apparently can no longer do the old pre order and cancel to get the beta, UBISOFT are wide to the situation and changed it.

Google it, seen it on some gaming site there about 20 mins ago lads.

I did that at around 7pm and my Beta code arrived at 8pm so I think I might have just got it on time. Started downloading it there a few minutes ago and it's downloading away grand so I think it should be good for tomorrow.

Asked over on the PS4 thread, but in case someone doesn't see; will try to arrange a co-op when the servers are up for us!

Asked over on the PS4 thread, but in case someone doesn't see; will try to arrange a co-op when the servers are up for us!

That would be a good laugh. Definitely looks like a better game with a squad playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is it too late to get on the beta for ps4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is it too late to get on the beta for ps4?

Afraid so :(
    "We've already reached the capacity of players needed to test the game and online infrastructure during the beta and to prepare for the launch of the game (on PS4) on March 8."
    http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=56841946&source=slack

• Advertisement

Seems to be live now.

That World Map is really cool.

It's very Watch Dogs-like.

It's very.. Lots of lines everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Played about 90 mins there, really enjoyable. The team up aspect isn't very clearly explained so I soloed the main missions available. Solid gunplay and cover mechanics, and the enemies aren't bullet sponges by any means. Joined a group for the last few mins but it was just 4 of us running randomly through the streets.

The Base segment looks like it will have a bit of depth with upgrades and different stations available in it (passed a crafting table in there and something about disaster assistance but they are locked for beta)

Next stop this evening is the dark zone for a look around :D

Deep Six wrote: »
    Played about 90 mins there, really enjoyable. The team up aspect isn't very clearly explained so I soloed the main missions available. Solid gunplay and cover mechanics, and the enemies aren't bullet sponges by any means. Joined a group for the last few mins but it was just 4 of us running randomly through the streets.

The Base segment looks like it will have a bit of depth with upgrades and different stations available in it (passed a crafting table in there and something about disaster assistance but they are locked for beta)

What you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Deep Six wrote: »

Bring plenty of sudocream for the dark zone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Will be on after work on PC.

What you playing on?

PS4, used the pre order trick earlier in the week before they pulled it.

• Seems to be live now.

That World Map is really cool.

It's very Watch Dogs-like.

It's very.. Lots of lines everywhere.

Please god no

Same here for PS4.

Things I like:

New York is recreated fantastically.

The cover & shooting mechanic works perfectly.

When you're in a group, you can fast travel to specific members.

Enemies can be quite difficult, so cover is needed. Liked the touches of the elite and named enemies being tougher and having more skills.

The AR aspect of the World Map

What I dislike:

There's far too much info onscreen at once. When you enter your base camp, it's like an information overload.

The groups you're in seemingly only apply to specific missions. No spoilers, obviously, but I was in a group with someone. Reached the end point and the group automatically disbanded. This could be annoying if you're hoping to play multiple missions with the same group and need to constantly invite them.

I get that it's a beta, so hopefully they'll have fixed some of these.

I do hope that the game isn't fully reliant on co-op, because it would be nice to have the option to solo it all and complete the main story by yourself.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Please god no

I might be wrong on that, but what made me feel this way was that there was a lot of the same kind of UI that WD had.

Another slightly amusing thing I found is going back to Camp Hudson and standing outside that tunnel that all new players come through. The emotes go on infinitely until you move and you can just stand there doing the most sarcastic sounding clapping. A few of them stopped to watch, probably baffled :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey all, looking forward to this after seeing the trailers\gameplay vids out so far. I thought I read somewhere that this is an online only game - does that mean that there is no single player campaign at all, or that there is, but you need to have a paid up PS+ account to play the single as well as the multiplayer portion?

Advertisement