Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im playing it a bit at the moment. I like it for the amount ive played

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

For new players coming into the game after this patch it could be a really good game for them, pity us the poor ****ers who where there from the start...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The Division 2 will be cool now with what they have learned, the hard way.

Will anyone trust them not to frak it up though? The game is out so long now and the devs are still screwing up and only now starting to listen to fans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

destiny and world of warcraft had huge issues and needed fixes, both going strong.time will tell if this brings it back or it's too late, i can see it go wither way.

the live stream had >4000 viewers on wednesday night. the interest is there, as much as haters want to argue teh game is dead.

and i don't get the "poor us that played before the patch". you played cause you enjoyed it, even if it was frustrating. if you were playing and not enjoying, then , the only questions is why. no pity allowed in that case

Personally I would absolute love it to become the game it should have been. The story and the ideas behind it are brilliant....I really hope it goes full circle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Steam PTS version is up now, have fun kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd jump back into this no problem if it essentially became diablo 3-like. i stopped playing cause I couldnt commit the time to staying any way relevant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd jump back into this no problem if it essentially became diablo 3-like. i stopped playing cause I couldnt commit the time to staying any way relevant.

You can GS163 set drops from random red trash in the streets now. Advancing is far more doable in general. Even the daily collect 5 mats, kill 10 reds gets you a cache for each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have this at home and havent started it yet. is there any point as a complete noob at this stage?

gimmick wrote: »
    I have this at home and havent started it yet. is there any point as a complete noob at this stage?

Levelling from 1 to 30 is, and always was a fun experience. There was always plenty of things to do during this phase, to the point where you'd normally be overlevelled by around 3 levels as you go.

It was the end game where things suddenly fell flat, with awkward uneven progression, a lack of content, and a disjointed mess in the dark zone.

The upcoming patch 1.4 in late October will address the end game stuff, and looks to give this a massively needed improvement.

So you could easily do the levelling to level 30 over the coming weeks, just in time for 1.4 to drop and reinvigorate things.

• Advertisement

Yeah take it nice and slow and enjoy the main story it is quite good. Then you will be ripe for the after party stuff when the new patch drops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have they said when they new patch will drop on consoles?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Have they said when they new patch will drop on consoles?

No date other than a vague late October for any platform.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's the fastest way too level up? I just finished a level 12 main mission but the next main mission recommended level is 18.

Side missions TBH, loads of side missions. When I was playing I was always ahead of the main game level wise, and it made it so much easier. I think I did every side mission before I did the main story not only was I slightly OP (not major) I had collected some pretty sweet armour and guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

What's the fastest way too level up? I just finished a level 12 main mission but the next main mission recommended level is 18.

Unless you skipped ahead (group play mebbe?) there should be a 14 and 16. The main missions are spaced 2 apart mostly (2nd last is a 27 I think instead). Also for XP's sake don't bother with older side missions, do the ones in the highest mission zone you've hit so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Unless you skipped ahead (group play mebbe?) there should be a 14 and 16. The main missions are spaced 2 apart mostly (2nd last is a 27 I think instead). Also for XP's sake don't bother with older side missions, do the ones in the highest mission zone you've hit so far.

Yes, Im actually level 11 and the next quest is a level 14 one, well thats the only other main mission I can find (I persume its a main mission)
    go into apartment building and clear it out
    it has a green marker on it.

Yes, Im actually level 11 and the next quest is a level 14 one, well thats the only other main mission I can find (I persume its a main mission)

You're sure you're hitting the mission board in each safe house? If you've been doing the side missions being levelled shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

New to this game, loving it!

if I leave dark zone with DZ credits can I lose them again if i die there on another seperate visit?

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

New to this game, loving it!

if I leave dark zone with DZ credits can I lose them again if i die there on another seperate visit?

Yes. It's entirely possible to spend an age grinding the DZ and come out behind.

The upcoming Banshee gear set has a perk that means you don't drop XP and DZ credits upon death.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Yes. It's entirely possible to spend an age grinding the DZ and come out behind.

The upcoming Banshee gear set has a perk that means you don't drop XP and DZ credits upon death.

Thanks. I don't have a circle of friends to go into DZ with so I'm unsure of best strategy.

I'm level 20 regular / 16 DZ.

I've 2k DK credits but want to wait to get some better gear from vendor.

I assume the Vendor gear goes up when my rating goes up?

I;ve love to bag some purple gear in the DZ but unsure what's best to do. Any advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Thanks. I don't have a circle of friends to go into DZ with so I'm unsure of best strategy.

I'm level 20 regular / 16 DZ.

I've 2k DK credits but want to wait to get some better gear from vendor.

I assume the Vendor gear goes up when my rating goes up?

I;ve love to bag some purple gear in the DZ but unsure what's best to do. Any advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Firstly, the DZ you're put in is based on your normal level in the following brackets:
    [1-14] [15-19] [20-24] [25-29] [30]

So you're playing with/against people up to 4 levels higher than you. In this game, level means a lot, so I'd suggest going out and spending some time to get to level 24 to be competitive.

Once you're DZ rank 15+ you can open the chests in the contaminated areas in the DZ and they will always have purples (as far as I remember, havent played a low level account in ages)

Of course, the problem is, once you get to level 25, you'll be playing against people who are 4 levels higher than you again, and all your stuff is useless. If you're not planning on staying low level, might aswell just wait till you get to level 30 to do any serious grinding in the game. Doesnt mean you cant run the dz for fun. MAtchmaking works quite well in the DZ I found.

Unfortunately, at level 14 and 29 in particular, there are a LOT of people who exploited high end (gold) gear, so have a big advantage in PvP and tend to be very aggressive towards other players...

Firstly, the DZ you're put in is based on your normal level in the following brackets:
    [1-14] [15-19] [20-24] [25-29] [30]

So you're playing with/against people up to 4 levels higher than you. In this game, level means a lot, so I'd suggest going out and spending some time to get to level 24 to be competitive.

Once you're DZ rank 15+ you can open the chests in the contaminated areas in the DZ and they will always have purples (as far as I remember, havent played a low level account in ages)

Of course, the problem is, once you get to level 25, you'll be playing against people who are 4 levels higher than you again, and all your stuff is useless. If you're not planning on staying low level, might aswell just wait till you get to level 30 to do any serious grinding in the game. Doesnt mean you cant run the dz for fun. MAtchmaking works quite well in the DZ I found.

Unfortunately, at level 14 and 29 in particular, there are a LOT of people who exploited high end (gold) gear, so have a big advantage in PvP and tend to be very aggressive towards other players...

Thanks... much appreciated. Where do you find chests in DZ? Are they marked on map?

How do containers work? Heard a reference to them earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I recently finished off an older char I had started with a group and left at lvl 5. I didn't care this time about zone completion, just levelling I found you end up doing about 2/3 of the side-missions and encounters to max your character as you go. If this is your main character you might want to clear each zone completely as you'll need it for daily missions later. But just for hitting 30 like I said work backwards from your current high-zone, the missions way back at the start will be a piece of piss but yield such low XP relatively that the completion time isn't worth it (since your kill-time is only a small part of the time-suck compared to running around). Then when you're within 1 level of the next main move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Thanks... much appreciated. Where do you find chests in DZ? Are they marked on map?

How do containers work? Heard a reference to them earlier...

Theres a vid here that shows the location of one and what it looks like. Information is a bit out of date. Gives purples now instead of blues. But they are shared across the server. If other people get there first, they can empty the chest

https://youtu.be/TImrdKhwTiI?t=3m7s

I'm having some issues with DZ and chests. I've no friends online that play this, I'm level 23 standard, I've 5 DK keys but any time I go in alone, I seem to be killed off and lose my kit.

Any advise with solo chest runs? I'm in DZ1 but enemies are still pretty though.

I assume all loot from chests needs to be extracted as per normal DK gear?

I'm having some issues with DZ and chests. I've no friends online that play this, I'm level 23 standard, I've 5 DK keys but any time I go in alone, I seem to be killed off and lose my kit.

Any advise with solo chest runs? I'm in DZ1 but enemies are still pretty though.

I assume all loot from chests needs to be extracted as per normal DK gear?

Stuff from chests still needs extraction. It's only the gear from supply drops that doesn't.

Spear wrote: »
    Stuff from chests still needs extraction. It's only the gear from supply drops that doesn't.

MaNo thanks... it's a head wreak at the moment for me. Can't seem to get attached to squads via matchmaking and I've lost all 6 DZ keys from DZ kills in one sitting.

I think the key is getting in with a decent team, getting gear through kills and backing each other at extraction zones..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The key is to not go into the DZ cos it's full of griefers and trolls.
    The new update should make it better anyway as there'll be decent gear out on the streets as well

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The key is to not go into the DZ cos it's full of griefers and trolls.
    The new update should make it better anyway as there'll be decent gear out on the streets as well

As a single player I definitely felt this... when is new update coming?

Advertisement