Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

sticker wrote: »
    As a single player I definitely felt this... when is new update coming?
    Some stage this month, didn't give an exact date for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Thinking about picking this up, is it enjoyable solo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I tried it at release,then again about 3 weeks ago after 3 friends picked it up in recent sale. After the first two or three nights we played it and then just got a bit bored. It just doesnt seem to grab me,i want to like it but it jist doesnt work for me.

I thought the four of us running in a squad would improve it but it didnt really. With BF1 on the horizon too i may never end up going back to this. As far as i got was about level 17 though so others with more experience of the game may have a different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Thinking about picking this up, is it enjoyable solo?

I started this solo a few weeks back - and I have to say I love it. I am a huge souls / bloodbourne player (lititle else RPG wise) and Division clicked with me in an instant.

I feel the Dark Zone very frustrating as a solo player but working towards level 30 and will give the DLC a go for the loot I was looking for in DZ.

I would recommend it highly... and I pick and choose my games with a busy business and young family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any sign of this patch yet already!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Any sign of this patch yet already!!!!

They only produced a new PTS build yesterday, and with the delay caused by console manufacturers, the very end of October seems a little optimistic now.

Suppose it's cheap enough these days as well so I'll prob give it a go, cheers!

I'm at level 29 ready to do UN mission... is it advisable to stay at this level in terms of DZ ranking with other players? is this the case? or should I truck on with the last mission and cross the level 30 threshold and start on the DLC?

I'm eager to start farming yellow gear...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm at level 29 ready to do UN mission... is it advisable to stay at this level in terms of DZ ranking with other players? is this the case? or should I truck on with the last mission and cross the level 30 threshold and start on the DLC?

I'm eager to start farming yellow gear...

Don't bother with anything end game until 1.4 drops. You can still up your DZ level in the mean time if you want, since it's still used as a gateway to certain blueprints.

Spear wrote: »
    Don't bother with anything end game until 1.4 drops. You can still up your DZ level in the mean time if you want, since it's still used as a gateway to certain blueprints.

Thanks. What's the logic behind staying under 30? I've heard it a few times now but without explanation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The developers have done a great main story campaign, but didn't plan the end game very well. In any game like this, once you hit the level cap it's difficult to keep players interested. In the division, all your existing gear basically becomes useless, and getting new gear involves a really tedious grind to get a random drop from the same missions over and over. Or you go into the dark zone where you end up getting instant killed by cheaters or griefers.

The developers have done a great main story campaign, but didn't plan the end game very well. In any game like this, once you hit the level cap it's difficult to keep players interested. In the division, all your existing gear basically becomes useless, and getting new gear involves a really tedious grind to get a random drop from the same missions over and over. Or you go into the dark zone where you end up getting instant killed by cheaters or griefers.

I had a complete ****e session this morning in the DZ... As you said hordes on one shot kills and losing keys and loot. VERY frustrating...

Seems totally lob-sided a mode in the game...

As a matter of interest, what do you think of the DLC in terms of getting gear?

Do other missions appear once the UN mission is completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I haven't gone for the DLC as from what I can see it doesn't change the end game at all - unlike WOW it doesn't increase the level cap or anything. Some more missions but as you can't level up the enemies just get more and more hitpoints until you reach the stage where you have to be in a group to get anything done at all.

This is getting very frustrating for me now.. I crossed the level 30 threshold (before finishing the final UN mission) - At level 30 DZ too. But I'm getting one hit killed in DZ while my kit (yellow primary) At stats: 50K / 200K / 10K is taking me 3 clips to grind through some guys in DZ without any success.
    #How can a game be so unbalanced online?

Why place guys who are so much higher on foodchain in the lower guys?

I'm going to look at the DLC soon to try to get some green gear and level up.

I see some You Tube content with guys at 500k/500k/500k stats - How the hell does that happen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This is getting very frustrating for me now.. I crossed the level 30 threshold (before finishing the final UN mission) - At level 30 DZ too. But I'm getting one hit killed in DZ while my kit (yellow primary) At stats: 50K / 200K / 10K is taking me 3 clips to grind through some guys in DZ without any success.
    #How can a game be so unbalanced online?

Why place guys who are so much higher on foodchain in the lower guys?

I'm going to look at the DLC soon to try to get some green gear and level up.

I see some You Tube content with guys at 500k/500k/500k stats - How the hell does that happen?!

welcome to the main problem with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I haven't gone for the DLC as from what I can see it doesn't change the end game at all - unlike WOW it doesn't increase the level cap or anything. Some more missions but as you can't level up the enemies just get more and more hitpoints until you reach the stage where you have to be in a group to get anything done at all.

I like Underground. It's not amazing but still fun for a fair few hours, and it is a loot fest to an extent so handy for getting your base gear up to the highest levels, well the main 2 sets assigned to it anyway. If you like the game's combat model that's basically all it is, procedurally generated strings of combat zones with an end boss, you should be able to get at least ~10 hours of fun out of it before it becomes more of a loot farming experience. Plus if you get it via the season pass then you get bi-weekly super loot drops in the LZ (per character).

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I like Underground. It's not amazing but still fun for a fair few hours, and it is a loot fest to an extent so handy for getting your base gear up to the highest levels, well the main 2 sets assigned to it anyway. If you like the game's combat model that's basically all it is, procedurally generated strings of combat zones with an end boss, you should be able to get at least ~10 hours of fun out of it before it becomes more of a loot farming experience. Plus if you get it via the season pass then you get bi-weekly super loot drops in the LZ (per character).

Does single player apply to these missions in the Underground DLC?

Does single player apply to these missions in the Underground DLC?

They can be done solo, and with 1.4 they'll scale better to help accommodate that.

any update on the 1.4 release?

My spidey senses tell me its gonna be THE SAME DAY BF1 IS RELEASED FFS!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sure BF1 is already out, well some versions at least.

Bf1 is out this friday, earliest we will see 1.4 is tuesday, so the 25th, and i have a sneaking suspicion it will be the following tuesday, the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

State of the Game is out tomorrow, so will know then, but today on the Division twitch stream Hamish said "October" over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

State of the Game is out tomorrow, so will know then, but today on the Division twitch stream Hamish said "October" over and over.

He said 25th as his best guess last week.

mossym wrote: »
    sure BF1 is already out, well some versions at

All the rich kids have it, us lowlife 3rd class citizens get it tomorrow night!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

officially announced on the sotg, it oct 25th

1.4 is out. It's a 3.7 gig download on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

coming in at 5.4GB on xbone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Disgusted :( I'm out of the country for the next two days.... I'm sure i was holidays as well when 1.3 came out. Looking forward to this, I have stuck with this game since day one and nearly play it every other day although over the pat few weeks there hasn't been much to do.

See you guys in the LZ on Thursday for some serious looting :)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy underground or season pass? (PS4). I'M LV 30 / DZ 30. Done and found nearly everything apart from group missions (Incursions are a pain in solo).

• Advertisement

Was hoping this would of been downloading away in rest mode all the time but just turned on the PS4 and there was a system update waiting to be installed :(

Advertisement