Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Was hoping this would of been downloading away in rest mode all the time but just turned on the PS4 and there was a system update waiting to be installed :(

Doesn't really matter as Ubi have to take the servers down for a few hours too to apply the updates on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Doesn't really matter as Ubi have to take the servers down for a few hours too to apply the updates on their end.

Ah b*llocks! How long will they be down?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ah b*llocks! How long will they be down?

I read that they went offline sometime this morning and it's estimated to take about 3 hours until they are back up. That could be just the US servers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I read that they went offline sometime this morning and it's estimated to take about 3 hours until they are back up. That could be just the US servers though.

They're back up already, cheers though.

Anyone know why all my side missions are level 25 now but I'm only 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

They're back up already, cheers though.

Anyone know why all my side missions are level 25 now but I'm only 21?

They probably just readjusted the difficulty levels, or simply reclassified them.

Had a quick run at lunchtime and I think they're definitely positive changes. Cranked it up to Tier4 and it's much more enjoyable, some challenge back in the street missions and having random mobs walk in on you while running one can seriously mess up your day. Loot is raining, probably a little too much. Besides the increase in the quality and amount of dropped items being able to buy caches for 200000k at a normal vendor makes getting high end kit a breeze, you can sell a 229 for 50-60k, convert those into caches and you get more items and some Phoenix credits aswell. I tried the 1st weekly HVT solo and it was a little easier overall than before. Not having the healing station cooldown begin until it has been destroyed makes quite a difference, much hard to long-term camp in a strategic position on your own. But I think it's a good thing, actually came close to dying once or twice because of that and it kept me moving more. The end boss was on his own rather than a slew of support which I presume is down to rebalancing for solo play, prevents you simply being swarmed and unable to use cover enough. But at the same time it made the boss a little too easy, just kited him until he fell over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I tried the 1st weekly HVT solo and it was a little easier overall than before. Not having the healing station cooldown begin until it has been destroyed makes quite a difference, much hard to long-term camp in a strategic position on your own. But I think it's a good thing, actually came close to dying once or twice because of that and it kept me moving more. The end boss was on his own rather than a slew of support which I presume is down to rebalancing for solo play, prevents you simply being swarmed and unable to use cover enough. But at the same time it made the boss a little too easy, just kited him until he fell over.

I felt the timer was longer. In solo, I'm usually on the third wave with a minute or less to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would it be too late to get into this now? Wouldn't want to play through if I can't find anyone else to level up with online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Would it be too late to get into this now? Wouldn't want to play through if I can't find anyone else to level up with online.

On the contrary, now would be a better time than any in the past 6 months to start. Players will be back playing again, and the end-game is now far more accessible and progress is possible.

Not at all, I only picked it up about two months ago. The first few levels felt strange and very underpowered but I soon got the hang of it (and found plenty of places to snipe from). I spent most of my time in the dark zone (after level 9) and played solo there until I reached dark zone level 30, then I went back to playing the main game. I completed the last mission yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have to say I have prolly been the biggest critic of this game on here, and I suppose I have been proven right (along with alot of others) with such a big overhaul of the game that was badly needed.

But kudos to the developers for having the balls to make such a gutsy move, alot of other big names would have just left the game in pieces and kept the money and maybe learned from it for the sequel.

I have not played the new patch yet (tonite Id say) but even if it fails to bring the game back from the brink it was a very brave move and shows that they were listening to the community even if they left it late.....I REALLY HOPE IT RE-IGNITES the franchise I REALLY DO as at its core it was a very good game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have to say I have prolly been the biggest critic of this game on here, and I suppose I have been proven right (along with alot of others) with such a big overhaul of the game that was badly needed.

But kudos to the developers for having the balls to make such a gutsy move, alot of other big names would have just left the game in pieces and kept the money and maybe learned from it for the sequel.

I have not played the new patch yet (tonite Id say) but even if it fails to bring the game back from the brink it was a very brave move and shows that they were listening to the community even if they left it late.....I REALLY HOPE IT RE-IGNITES the franchise I REALLY DO as at its core it was a very good game.

It seems to reinforce my suspicion that they simply pushed this one out far too early, when the single player was done, but nothing else was. But at least they did go all out to fix it, the PTS was a first for anything done by Ubisoft, even if it's common in MMO games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So what's the verdict after the patch?

So what's the verdict after the patch?

Killing red trash mobs in the streets gives me teal GS229 drops, it is therefore great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I spent a bit of time today in the dark zone with the new patch and it is such a huge difference... I'm playing on Tier 2 and the difference is amazing plenty of yellow and green loot and no 1 hit kills spammers - a real joy...

My main issue is I can't wrap my head around the finer nuances of gear system. I can see when I make a change, one of the three aspects levels up in green but this seems to be my only understanding of this and I assume there is much more to it than that to get the best out of gear setups...

looking forward to finally going into the underground and unlocking some more loold there too..

quick question. what ability is the rocket launcher type animation? I've tried all sticky bomb types bit it doesn't seem to be any of those

sticker wrote: »
    I spent a bit of time today in the dark zone with the new patch and it is such a huge difference... I'm playing on Tier 2 and the difference is amazing plenty of yellow and green loot and no 1 hit kills spammers - a real joy...

My main issue is I can't wrap my head around the finer nuances of gear system. I can see when I make a change, one of the three aspects levels up in green but this seems to be my only understanding of this and I assume there is much more to it than that to get the best out of gear setups...

looking forward to finally going into the underground and unlocking some more loold there too..

The red or green of the three main stats just shows how it differs in comparison to your current gear piece.

Take the stats as a general pointer, they aren't everything, especially when it comes DPS. In case you haven't noticed top level weapons have 3 talents, a well tuned weapon will have talents matching your play style and ability load outs. And those talents have pre-requisites for your 1 or more of your main stats before they are active. You will sometimes have to sacrifice one stat to boost another when it means activating a good talent. Similarly for your gear, though that has changed a little now with the minor buffs being replaced by performance mod slots. You will want to try and match major buffs to your playstyle and weapon loadout (e.g. 2000+ shotgun damage is not much use to you when you don't use one). Since you can only re-roll one talent or buff per piece of equipment you will likely not be keeping any one piece for too long when you start. Over time you will find what works for you and engineer your entire build around it.
    There's a lot of thought that can go in to character tuning but it is well worth it. You will outplay folks with higher GS scores who haven't put that work in. And (to me at least) it's a big part of the fun of the game. When you decide to try new builds you need to re-assess the impact it will have on your inventory, just what it might cost to really tune everything towards it. Just went through that last week moving from my long standing Sentry's call build to Alpha-Bridge, adds some spice to the game.

Oh and yes Gear-Sets, always worth focusing on. The collective buffs can be very effective. So even if you have a high GS with normal high-end you should be focusing on replacing it with sets (whichever one suits). Not that that is hard now, before it was a huge deal to get a Gear-Set drop, now it's pretty common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Anyone else getting massive frame drops now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Unfortunately this seems to be a massive problem on consoles post patch all is good on PC apparently. Such a shame .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

all is good on PC apparently. Such a shame ....

No it's not because I'm on PC and it's dropping to below 10fps at times. DZ was almost unplayable last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

I was on PC last night around 10ish and rose to level 12 in DZ. No issues at all.. Not that I had any idea what I was doing in the DZ though... Is the main point of the DZ to gear up and get extracted?

Glebee wrote: »
    I was on PC last night around 10ish and rose to level 12 in DZ. No issues at all.. Not that I had any idea what I was doing in the DZ though... Is the main point of the DZ to gear up and get extracted?

It can provide the densest amount of goodies with a good farming run. It's also a source of sealed caches dropping randomly, plus your DZ level and credits is used to purchase stuff from DZ safe houses, that aren't sold outside the DZ.

When you hit level 30, the daily and weekly missions will have a DZ specific aspect to them as well.

Unfortunately this seems to be a massive problem on consoles post patch all is good on PC apparently. Such a shame .....

Had about 4 hours last night on PS4. didn't notice any frame drops

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Take the stats as a general pointer, they aren't everything, especially when it comes DPS. In case you haven't noticed top level weapons have 3 talents, a well tuned weapon will have talents matching your play style and ability load outs. And those talents have pre-requisites for your 1 or more of your main stats before they are active. You will sometimes have to sacrifice one stat to boost another when it means activating a good talent. Similarly for your gear, though that has changed a little now with the minor buffs being replaced by performance mod slots. You will want to try and match major buffs to your playstyle and weapon loadout (e.g. 2000+ shotgun damage is not much use to you when you don't use one). Since you can only re-roll one talent or buff per piece of equipment you will likely not be keeping any one piece for too long when you start. Over time you will find what works for you and engineer your entire build around it.
    There's a lot of thought that can go in to character tuning but it is well worth it. You will outplay folks with higher GS scores who haven't put that work in. And (to me at least) it's a big part of the fun of the game. When you decide to try new builds you need to re-assess the impact it will have on your inventory, just what it might cost to really tune everything towards it. Just went through that last week moving from my long standing Sentry's call build to Alpha-Bridge, adds some spice to the game.

Oh and yes Gear-Sets, always worth focusing on. The collective buffs can be very effective. So even if you have a high GS with normal high-end you should be focusing on replacing it with sets (whichever one suits). Not that that is hard now, before it was a huge deal to get a Gear-Set drop, now it's pretty common.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a comprehensive reply. unfortunately I'm getting a little lost just reading it though.. seems to be a fairly deep character build option.

But some very interesting points there that will help me. appreciate the time taken!

do you guys focus on one gear set for all armour types or mix it up with many different ones?

I still can't seem to find what ability is the rocket launcher type animation attack..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The only one I can think of that even remotely looks like that would be the Sticky bomb in BFB form, none of the others would fit that description

I still can't seem to find what ability is the rocket launcher type animation attack..

I noticed that when a rogue agents were fighting each other in the dark zone. Looked like a sticky bomb but there were multiple explosions (very fast and in quick succession). I was a nice safe distance waiting for them to attack me or move on by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

That's the seeker mine.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a comprehensive reply. unfortunately I'm getting a little lost just reading it though.. seems to be a fairly deep character build option.

But some very interesting points there that will help me. appreciate the time taken!

do you guys focus on one gear set for all armour types or mix it up with many different ones?

NP, and don't worry about getting lost. Yes there is a lot eventually you can do but you don't have to do it all now. One thing they really nailed with the latest patch is making tuning and experimentation easy. There is so much loot dropping, alongside higher Phoenix Credits, that there isn't as much risk playing with different options. It'll make more and more sense over time.

As for the sets it really depends on what you want. The 2 and 3 piece bonuses are usually just nice-to-haves, it's the 4 piece that really sets them apart. So you'll never need more than 4 of one type since you gain nothing extra from it (unless it just happens to be your best gear). Usual loadout then is 4xmain set, then 2 of whatever else suits or compensates for the main. I'd recommend starting with Strikers or Sentry (for close or long range combat bonuses) then leave Alpha-Bridge for the last since while it's very powerful it's really for when you can afford to tune the hell out of your weapons to use it's talent-combining 4x bonus, that said it's not a bad 2piece set to accompany your main since that gives you + 100% healing speed.

Decisions decisions :), but then it's always nice to have options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Haven't played this is a while what is it again?
    Is the optimum mix of stats still?

+ Armor stat on chest, legs
    + Skill on mask + holster

5 sentry + savage gloves.

max armor cap 75%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Really loving this at the moment and an really tempted to pick up Underground- I see its 9euro on U Play.
    Having never realyy played DZ prior to patch I went in last night (went from DZ lvl 3 - DZ lvl 12) and really enjoyed myself, anybody any tips how to get things extracted though. Kept getting my ass handed to me last night by mobs at extraction point.

Advertisement