Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Haven't played this is a while what is it again?
    Is the optimum mix of stats still?

+ Armor stat on chest, legs
    + Skill on mask + holster

5 sentry + savage gloves.

max armor cap 75%?

Sentry was nerfed, all sets are now 4 piece only.

Armour - new cap is 70% mitigation, BUT the amount of mitigation per unit armour depends on the world tier. On WT4 it looks like it's roughly halved from pre patch values.

Skill power is also on a non-linear scale, diminishing returns past as certain point.

A fair few other changes too that put that idea of the single optimum build to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Glebee wrote: »
    Really loving this at the moment and an really tempted to pick up Underground- I see its 9euro on U Play.
    Having never realyy played DZ prior to patch I went in last night (went from DZ lvl 3 - DZ lvl 12) and really enjoyed myself, anybody any tips how to get things extracted though. Kept getting my ass handed to me last night by mobs at extraction point.
    Call extractions - find good cover - pick them off as they come at you

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Really loving this at the moment and an really tempted to pick up Underground- I see its 9euro on U Play.
    Having never realyy played DZ prior to patch I went in last night (went from DZ lvl 3 - DZ lvl 12) and really enjoyed myself, anybody any tips how to get things extracted though. Kept getting my ass handed to me last night by mobs at extraction point.
    try out the flame turret as well, the 1.4 version is way better now and can put in serious work, slowing them down or thinning them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Unless times have changed, I usually extract in DZ 3-4. Too many people waiting to take you out or steal your stuff in DZ 1-2.
    But it is a wait and see exercise. Finding a safe spot and actually everybody at bay is a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is this worth getting these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

try out the flame turret as well, the 1.4 version is way better now and can put in serious work, slowing them down or thinning them out.

Yeah I'm going down the firecrest route, seems very powerful only got three pieces atm but if you have got high skills to increase it's base damage then it will melt the lv33 NPC's in the LZ. Waiting to pick up the right fourth piece to give me then the added 15% to the lads on fire :) to take down the heavies with ease.

Rocking that with an M60, that thing has got endless bullets and crazy base damage, mine is around 16.5k. Then when you add compentant +10%, targets out of cover +17% and then +15% for firecrest. I will be pushing put around 20k per bullet and 200 in the mag :) It's the future...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Back playing a bit of this, far better game and something ill play on and off, I really like the pve in the game always did, all it was lacking was things to do ie no real endgame content.
    Kudos to the devs they really turned it around and made it into a solid game now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Only just heard about the 1.4 patch the other night and re-installed the game. Was wondering if it's worth getting back into now (on PC) even if you don't have the Underground DLC? Has the DZ hacking been eliminated?

I dont have that DLC either,dont think its essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

nice video showing all the open world boss locations and paths, takes about 1hr, and has the potential for some good gear, got a Caduceus yesterday from it, although not sure what todo with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Played this for the last 2 hours, roaming around the DZ with randomers. Most fun I've had playing the division. Can't pinpoint exactly what's changed but it's definitely better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dcully wrote: »
    I dont have that DLC either,dont think its essential.

Dont think its essential, but I picked up Underground yesterday for just over 7 euro on uplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

nice video showing all the open world boss locations and paths, takes about 1hr, and has the potential for some good gear, got a Caduceus yesterday from it, although not sure what todo with that.

Map here with all the locations:

http://i.imgur.com/65a8ZSy.png

GPS co-ordinates
    2190 1470 Bullet King
    2071 813 Soretto
    1973 651 Strings
    1493 1658 Fumes (underground)
    1355 390 Erskine
    922 1086 Fray
    772 1153 Five-o
    573 1807 Belzer
    254 2341 Riot
    583 3325 Chains
    750 2844 CPL Wright
    1048 2513 GySGT Lewis
    1455 2900 Dorsman
    2100 2752 Jacks
    2285 2586 Apollo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Re-installed this on the PS4. Have yet to do any incursions or underground stuff. Feel free to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tried to get into it last night but I just couldnt, maybe it was because so few of my friends are playing it. Will give it another bash soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've found that the match making helps now for roaming or DZ. Don't remember that being there before I left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I've just completed the last mission (Russian Consulate) that I had available but the next mission didn't appear on my map after that, and I noticed that I've got two missions on my map which I've completed before but instead of them losing colour and saying "completed" they just say "replay" next to them? Is something after glitching out here that's preventing me for doing the last mission or am I missing something?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've just completed the last mission (Russian Consulate) that I had available but the next mission didn't appear on my map after that, and I noticed that I've got two missions on my map which I've completed before but instead of them losing colour and saying "completed" they just say "replay" next to them? Is something after glitching out here that's preventing me for doing the last mission or am I missing something?.

What level are you? Have you done the UN yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Spear wrote: »
    What level are you? Have you done the UN yet?

I'm level 27 and I presume General Assembly is the final mission yeah?

Never mind my post, I was after doing the past mission without some random I joined and he was only level 23 so it wasn't popping up but as soon as I left him it did.

Another thing, I was pretty sure the other day it wouldn't me join a mission that was level 26 when I was 23 but it let this random in to a level 27 while he was only 23?

I'm now soloing all challenge mode content easily, no need to group up at all now :P
    Only back playing a few days but its a lot better game now than it was.

• Advertisement

Yeah really liking it again (I never left :( ) the balance is good and the are loads of options of getting gear. I decided to go the Alfabridge route and once I decided what I wanted it only took me a day or two to get all the gear I wanted. Previously to get the God rolled LMGs I have would have been next to impossible.

A couple of weeks fine tuning load outs and hopefully they will open new areas of the city in 1.5 I think that's the next step.

btw I'm really happy with my AB set up. I bought the Pakhan lmg and paired it with my meticulous M60, that thing never runs out of bullets :) never have to reload and you don't have to worry about ammo running out as when it refills' it doesn't come out of your own ammo. Anyway I got some god rolled talents; brutal, ferocious, self preserved, destructive, meticulous and and that talent where when you have one bar health it gives you 25% extra damage. Paired that with two nomad to give you 15% health on kill and the new survivor link that picks you up automaticly if you get killed when solo. Very happy with it and can solo almost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Tried to get into it last night but I just couldnt, maybe it was because so few of my friends are playing it. Will give it another bash soon.

Yeah I tried it as well. Got better games to be playing.

Went back this week too, then stopped myself with the question why am I trying to get better gear? What will I do with it? Run the same stuff again and again only for it to be easier? I know I know these are fixes and loads of MMO games do this etc. but MMO's have content. I wasn't foolish enough to have bought a season pass but even if I had there'd be little enough to play with up to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

You guys, never mind 1.4; I've found the real new reason to play this game.

NEUTRAL LIGHTING

OMG turn this on immediately the next time you log in. Makes everything look way more realistic. Love it, the Dark Zone especially.

I feel so lost in this game now lol, dont even know where to buy the guns now outside the DZ. After playing BF1 I constantly find myself saying "I dont have time to spend like 2-3 mins killing some purple AI"

Gonna be hard getting back into it.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I feel so lost in this game now lol, dont even know where to buy the guns now outside the DZ. After playing BF1 I constantly find myself saying "I dont have time to spend like 2-3 mins killing some purple AI"

Gonna be hard getting back into it.

Its very easy gettin gear now, just wander around the LZ and kill the bosses or even just random mobs they will drop 229 gear and even gear sets. What you are now looking for is god rolled stuff. For example I ran Lex today on challenging (they have dropped heroic) and I got 4 golds and 4 gear set items.

One thing to note armour is the king now you need to roll it on all stuff that can take armour. Also skills aren't as important now

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Its very easy gettin gear now, just wander around the LZ and kill the bosses or even just random mobs they will drop 229 gear and even gear sets. What you are now looking for is god rolled stuff. For example I ran Lex today on challenging (they have dropped heroic) and I got 4 golds and 4 gear set items.

One thing to note armour is the king now you need to roll it on all stuff that can take armour. Also skills aren't as important now

Yeah, all I need id say is a run in game with a few heads in party chat to be brought up to speed.

Shocking that my 2 builds I have that were brilliant are now obsolete :rolleyes:

Just run some HVT missions,between gaining intel for them then the HVT themselves I went from 184 to 229 GS in a few hours,hadnt played in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Looking to source the Hungry Hog. I see available in DZ Boss Drops.

Do I need to be in Tier 4 to get the top version of this weapon or can I get it in Tier 3 DZ?

The DZ in Tier 4 is still a one hit kill for me with some higher guys... Still a bit frustrating... But loving the Underground!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's tier 4 for GS229 drops.

But named weapons do drop in places other than the DZ.

Advertisement